• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Big Bang Beat Thread - Everything and Anything BBB related!

Laijin

Smash Hero

For those of you who don't know, Big Bang Beat is a popular doujin fighting game based off of a hentai. The game itself is not hentai related at all. It is very fun, fast paced and technical fighting game which introduces some very interesting elements. I'll go over some of the key game play mechanics:

-Energy. Everything you do has a cost to it. Whether its doing a normal attack or dashing, your character will drain energy as they perform actions. When your energy is low, you will no longer be able to do special attacks until you recharge(Think DragonballZ style). As you lose health, the amount of energy you can store will increase(It will pretty much replace the health you lost with extra energy storage). You can also sacrifice health to gain more energy as well as increase the amount of damage you deliver.

-Super Meter: Your super meter plays a huge role in many things. The most basic use is to cancel moves. You can cancel any attack at the cost of one bar(Think Guilty Gear's roman cancel). Not only does it cancel the attack, but it also sends you flying forwards to follow up on combos or to escape from a bad situation. The Super Meter also acts as your parry as well. As you block, if you press the super button you can parry and then counter attacks. Last but not least the super bar also acts as well...your supers. You can perform super attacks and ultimate attacks if your bar is built up high enough. On a final note, as you and your opponent's attacks land, crystals will fly out. The bigger the combo the more crystals appear. You can gather crystals to allow your super bar to charge fast.

The game is very fast paced and shares many similarities to Guilty Gear. To be honest I have not had this much fun playing a fighting game since Guilty Gear. Big Bang Beat 2 has been announced and will include online play as well.

Videos:
Here are some pretty good matches I found.
aphestus(burai)vsDelcard(rouga)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsNpNjITglE

moosang(genkyudou) vs yechon(rouga) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt45SDYAouc&feature=related

nemo(burai) vs rina(heita)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnbkGEgHHbY&feature=channel_page

yechon(sanzo) vs rina(rouga)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B_6MdPsW8w&feature=channel_page

Rina(ren) vs Yechon(senna) 01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwbZIuFX3x4&feature=channel_page
Ren is pure ****.

Where to download?
You can find BBB many different places. I personally torrented it
Get the main game here:

**god dammit laijin no torrent links**
**Dammit Frames thanks for telling me too late**
How to find the BB torrent:
1.Go to google.
2. Find the BB torrent. Really..this is how you find anything on the internet. lol
Get your patches here: http://arom-productions.com/bbbb/index.php

Players:
If you play this game, please state so in this thread as well as who do you main and i'll fill out this list.

Name - Main - Secondary
Laijin - Nakanishi Kendo & Kyudo - Daigo Hotta
Nihongo-ookami - Agito of the Dark. - Burai Yamamoto.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Torrenting it now. I've heard about it from a couple of friends, and they tell me it's good.

I'll be playing it shortly. XD.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I can open the file, but all I get is a black screen, and no BG, but some options.

When I choose any of the options it freezes up.

WDF?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Can someone explain how to get this?

Note, I have ABSOLUTELY NO TORRENTING EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER. Please be thourough.

And what do I do after I download the torrent file?

PM me if the rules won't let you tell me here.

Laijin

Smash Hero
HOW TO PLAY BBB: A tutorial by Laijin.

Alright guys. I'll put it to you in steps:

1. Download bittorent here: **die laijin**
*Dammit frames linking to Bittorent does'nt even count as a torrent link*
-Go to google, type in bittorent and download it.

2. Once that is downloaded and installed, then you can download the BBB torrent here:
*Read first post
You can simply open up the torrent file rather than saving it on your harddrive. Or if you do want to save it, you can save it and then simply double click the file and bit torrent should pop up and ask if you want to download it.

3.While waiting for X amount of time, you can download and set up Virtual Clone Drive:
**idk if this is allowed or not but im not gonna take any chances**
Its pretty much a program that will allow you to mount isos on a virtual "cd" drive so your computer thinks it has a CD in it.
Windows WILL warn you about installing it, but I gaurentee you its completely and 100% safe and won't harm your computer at all. Here is the website if you want to take a look at that: http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd.html
*I prefer VCD over Daemon tools for opening ISOs since VCD takes up barely any space at all.

4. Once you have downloaded Virtual Clone Drive, you must restart your computer.

5. Once the torrent has finished downloading, you can then take the .iso you just downloaded, double click on it and it should mount to a virtual disk drive(as all .iso files should now be associated with VCD). Alternatively, you can open "My Computer" and drag the iso ontop of Virtual Clone Drive.

6. Big Bang Beat's installation should now run. You should be able to follow the instructions on installing it. Once it is installed you can instantly play it.

7. The version you get is version 1.0. BBU is now up to 1.06. The difference is pretty big. Unfortunanately I can only find up to version 1.03 as version 1.06 seems to be currently down for d/ling. :( You can find the 1.03 patch here: http://arom-productions.com/bbbb/index.php

8. Once the patch is d/l'ed you can open up the file and literally drag and drop(copying over) all the contents in the patch into the folder.

If anyone is still having problems please feel free to ask.

Purple

Hi guys!
If people are getting this game, then they should be getting Melty Blood ****it.

this is seriously the most important post in this entire thread no disrespect to laijin.

But you can play via caster on melty blood.

That makes melty blood automatically superior. especially since i don't have ports open.

Laijin

Smash Hero
If people are getting this game, then they should be getting Melty Blood ****it.
Melty Blood is a DIFFERENT game.
If I wanted more people to play Melty Blood, I would've made a Melty Blood topic.
MB and BBB have many different game play elements that make both games quite unique.
BBB is still a very good, well made game. So is MB.
Don't bash on a game you have not tried yet.

BBB2 is going to have online play. BBB1 is still worth playing though.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I myself play on the keyboard and I don't have any problems pulling off moves or combos.
Been looking for a good controller myself.

I'm thinking about investing in a Hori arcade stick.
Anyone got any reccomendations for arcade sticks as well?

Purple

Hi guys!
If I wanted more people to play Melty Blood, I would've made a Melty Blood topic.
MB and BBB have many different game play elements that make both games quite unique.

well then i'm excited for BBB2 XD. But yeah, i remember there being some hori sticks up in some gamestop in conyers.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

I am not bashing though SRK does on a regular basis and on Melty Blood too (lesser degree), but if people are torrenting doujin fighters they should be getting Melty Blood also. Akastuki Blitzkampf which is apparently good for SRK since it plays more like a Capcom game then there is also IAMP which is also good.

I just say Melty Blood cause I am biased. >_>

Laijin

Smash Hero
I am not bashing though SRK does on a regular basis and on Melty Blood too (lesser degree), but if people are torrenting doujin fighters they should be getting Melty Blood also. Akastuki Blitzkampf which is apparently good for SRK since it plays more like a Capcom game then there is also IAMP which is also good.

I just say Melty Blood cause I am biased. >_>
I've played Akatsuki and IAMP(and Melty Blood as well). In my personal opinion, Big Bang Beat is far more fun than Akatsuki and IAMP(BBB is a lot faster paced and is more like Guilty Gear than Akatasku and IAMP. Akatasuki feels more like im playing Street Fighter 2). Melty Blood is fun too, but its not the same kind of fun as BBB since their different games.
Melty Blood is still good on its own, but BBB is a lot faster paced and just overall a different experience.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
hmm, now I just need to find a controller...

any recomendations?
ps2 -> usb converter. F**k anything else you could possibly think of.
I myself play on the keyboard and I don't have any problems pulling off moves or combos.
Been looking for a good controller myself.
So either there's nothing to this game, or you made absolutely no sense when I remember you complaining about button shouldering being illegal in tourney.

People have told me about this game and "how good it is" so that sets us up foooooooooor. :D
I'm thinking about investing in a Hori arcade stick.
Anyone got any reccomendations for arcade sticks as well?
Hori Real Arcade Pro.

Hrap. F**k anything else you could possibly think of.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Anything by Logitech works nicely.

Not ultra-super-arcade stick stuff, but hey, I've got a controller modeled after a Ps2 controller.

It works nicely.

Also, I have a defined main and secondary.

Main:Agito of the Dark. Secondary:Burai Yamamoto.

darklorddessel

Smash Rookie
I just started playing the game two weeks ago. I main Kunagi and Im trying to pick up nakanishi as well. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. As far as controllers go I use my twin psx to usb converter and use my ps2 controller. Works wonders for all my pc games.

Also my friend Jamel loves freakin melty blood. If God would grant him one wish it would be for Ciel to come to life and marry him. He loves him that woman.

Laijin

Smash Hero
You're gonna have a blast with this game.
I probably won't ever touch BBB again until part 2 comes out. I have played it too much. lol.

Whoaa. Just realized Ryan posted here about a year ago. :(
man that brings back memories..

DC

Smash Cadet
JOKE TOPIC

Big Bang Beat is generally considered to be the worst doujin fighter tied with Million Knights Vermillion.

But seriously I'll bring Million Knights Vermillion to a tourney if anyone will play it with me haha. I love obscure fighting games.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I talked about this to a couple of guys who played this a lot and they said the updates and patches just made the game worse and worse and that's why it's been bashed so much. :/

But when is the sequel?

Laijin

Smash Hero
I talked about this to a couple of guys who played this a lot and they said the updates and patches just made the game worse and worse and that's why it's been bashed so much. :/

But when is the sequel?
What are they talking about? Thats not the case at all.
The updates and patches actually FIXED some things that were wrong with the game. There was one character in an older version that was completely broken and literally had infinite block strings. They fixed that.
Their just mad cause they have to relearn character. When you get an update for this game, its almost like relearning the character since they change the way character is played.
Think of it like Street Fighter 4 to Super SSF4 for a reference.(And yea, these updates/patches include adding new characters)

DC

Smash Cadet
lol If you mention BBB on SRK or Dustloop you get ****ted on... but yeah it would probably fly here on Smashboards.

DC

Smash Cadet
I'm not trolling, I've played BBB before. It's really bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still play it because I love dumb fighting games like BBB and MKV, but that doesn't mean it's not a bad game lol.

Laijin

Smash Hero
People play games for fun(at least I do). I'm pretty sure if I'm having a lot of fun with a game that game is not a bad game.

People think Brawl is a bad game because they think its not fun. The ones who do like brawl think its fun. See where im getting at?

DC

Smash Cadet
People play games for fun(at least I do). I'm pretty sure if I'm having a lot of fun with a game that game is not a bad game.

People think Brawl is a bad game because they think its not fun. The ones who do like brawl think its fun. See where im getting at?
Uh, it's possible there is a correlation between those two but there is no causation. It's very likely that games you have fun with are not games you consider bad, but unfortunately you can't say that a game is not bad simply because you have fun with a game.

This is a bit harder to argue because a game "being bad" is almost always a point of view type opinion and not a fact, but there are games that are generally accepted and agreed upon to be terrible.

I digress, my point is that BBB is widely accepted to be a terrible game.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Those people who are looking at BBB as being a terrible game are probably looking at it as being a terrible game competitively(Judging at the communities who you claim say this). I personally can not say anything about it competitively since I have never entered a BBB tournament lol.
Casually playing, BBB is a blast and is a ton of fun. Its definitely a game you can enjoy easily.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Those people who are looking at BBB as being a terrible game are probably looking at it as being a terrible game competitively(Judging at the communities who you claim say this). I personally can not say anything about it competitively since I have never entered a BBB tournament lol.
Casually playing, BBB is a blast and is a ton of fun. Its definitely a game you can enjoy easily.
So true. I'm loving it, still.

Practicing my Agito now.

I'd honestly forgotten about the game until a few days ago.

darklorddessel

Smash Rookie
Personally I love the game. It feels akin to guilty gear. But you know what those on srk can kick rocks. I can't stand that site. Bunch of butt heads dude. Point is the game is fun. A game doesnt have to be tourny perfect and balanced to be a good game. Thats why its a freakin underground fighter.

And for the record I would rather play this than Super Street Fighter 4 anyway. When one move i.e the shoryuken can trump anything in your game....personally it becomes stupid to me

Top Bottom