• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that this has been answered somewhere deep in this thread, but feel that even if that is true, the answer can use an update: How to deal with Fox? Can't go over him (you'll get uaired) can't go under him (shine comboed) can't go around him (back airs, nairs, shines) can't go through him (grabs and usmash). Have to run away and read for the tiniest of openings. If somehow you do get a grab, and put together some uairs of your own, after like 3 what are the best ways to finish? Punch, bair, fair(?), nair(?)?
Falco is a different story. He's a jerk.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I'm sure that this has been answered somewhere deep in this thread, but feel that even if that is true, the answer can use an update: How to deal with Fox? Can't go over him (you'll get uaired) can't go under him (shine comboed) can't go around him (back airs, nairs, shines) can't go through him (grabs and usmash). Have to run away and read for the tiniest of openings. If somehow you do get a grab, and put together some uairs of your own, after like 3 what are the best ways to finish? Punch, bair, fair(?), nair(?)?
Falco is a different story. He's a jerk.
Punch is always the best option if you have it. F air being your alternative.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Isn't nair a sort of combo extender?
Very situational. And if it's out of a grab, you should just do the u airs until they are at ko %, and then just finish them. There's really no reason to use a n air other than for flashiness, or other rare situations. I use N air a lot, but it's not usually out of u throw u air combos. Only one I use that way is if they keep di'ing to my front. I u throw, u air, u air, u air, n air, dash attack, up b. One of my personal made up combos. It's kind of more for flash though.

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
Again with things that have been answered in this thread, but what is the Peach matchup? I know Dk can cargo -> uthrow -> reverse punch/u-air, but in the end, Peach has so much more on him; ie d-throw tech chase, her d-air > dks u-air, and when youre recovering her dair -> n-air combo will hit you almost all of the time. I ask because I just got back from "Wheres the Charity?" tournament and got beat by one in the losers bracket. I'll take any advice cause it's been bugging me for a while.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Like most matchups as DK you just gotta outplay Peach. Don't get hit. Punish when you see an opening. Don't overcommit. As for specifics I'm not the best to answer, but DI her d-smash as best you can. That **** deals scary amounts of damage way too quickly.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Floaty matchups are mostly Bair and getting a read to get a simple Uthrow -> U-Air. Against Peach you have to know when to back off (her trading game is superb). Search Youtube for Strong Bad vs. King Siegfried and you'll find some vids. Unfortunately me vs. darkatma's Peach wasn't recorded but it was fairly close (he beat me though). Stages you're going to want stages with platforms; Peach's main weakness outside of general mobility is vertical mobility. Takes her forever to ascend to a top platform, so she's mostly delegated to trying to throw a turnip up at you if you're positioning on it, which you can catch if you're good.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Personally, I find that it's easy to knock Peach out of her float with a bair if she's not being wary of her spacing, and even if I miss, she can't really punish it.

That dsmash is stupid! I know full well not to even think about CCing it, but I take nearly the full damage anyway. That nair is dumb, too. It interrupts all the combos I think I have. Btw, which direction should I DI Peach's dthrow?

Nedech

Smash Apprentice
There are two sets of me vs Yuna on Youtube. Search for them. They are, however, out-dated and portrait a very slow and careless DK, but they might give you a slight idea of what to do.

The match-up almost entirely consists of keeping Peach at a distance by poking her with your Bair, f-tilt and to some extent d-tilt (watch out for the d-smash though) until she's at high enough % to die by the cargo uthrow uair combo. Her float game is rather slow and easy to read. Peach players love to float in above you - use that to your advantage and keep an up-b ready for them whenever the opportunity is given. The Peach player will most likely get used to your Bair-spamming, so sometimes jumping in with a uair can catch her by surprise and entail atleast another 2 uairs. CC/shield her jabs (free grabs). Catch turnips.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DI peach's dthrow behind her unless you're at the ledge and you'd go off.

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
I just dont get to play against a lot of peaches where I'm from. Going against it just shocked me at how much dmg the d-smash hit me for. NO, I did not CC it, but could hardly touch him. Btw, from what O have seen out of peach players, Kens theory is true.

"All peach players,(who main peach and are good) are either gay, Effeminate, metrosexual or a big fat white guy~"

Nedech

Smash Apprentice
i just dont get to play against a lot of peaches where i'm from. Going against it just shocked me at how much dmg the d-smash hit me for. No, i did not cc it, but could hardly touch him. Btw, from what o have seen out of peach players, kens theory is true.

"all peach players,(who main peach and are good) are either gay, effeminate, metrosexual or a big fat white guy~"
dude i play dk :@

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Fun fact, you can, if you're quick, jump, turn around with charge, cancel charge, without actually swinging your arm, ready for action. Never seen this posted on here, the great compendium of DK knowledge. This post, without these commas, might be more readable, but who cares.

phish-it

Smash Champion
So the ledgehop turn around back air is possible. I always wanted to try it but never got around to actually practicing. Can you do it consistently though?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was at ~40% consistency when I stopped practicing the week of APEX. I could probably get it consistent if I practiced again. Hmm I'll probably do that for FC. If you mess up you can FF then Up-B/SH bair, or waveland off -> DJ bair. Or waveland off, FF dj turn around and grab the ledge agian.
Really dumb how Jiggs can just turn around with her freaking jump. Oh well.

Top Bottom