• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ashley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
I'm about 77% convinced she won't be in Brawl as a PC, but I have yet to see any screenshots of Ashley in the warioware stage. Besides, Brawlcentral isn't entirely true. Remember twilight transformation?

So far, I'm calling BS.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
yay! no more compeition for mona!
Ashley was never competition, she never had a chance.

And you still have to go through "Wario Ware more than likely won't get a second rep" now.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Well the people that reported i played the game and you didnt, thats what it comes down to.
I just wondered where they should appear.
There were also a lot of fake messages and mistranslations on brawlcentral.

Maggirus

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Id say warioware still has a chance.
Kat & Ana would really make me happy :)

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
Id say warioware still has a chance.
Kat & Ana would really make me happy :)
Yeah, Kat & Ana have a slim chance to make it in brawl as a warioware rep, however Popo & Nana seem to lessen their chances. I honestly don't see how they could fight as a duo anyway, unless they stick together and throw stuff. That isn't a very good moveset, especially for a ninja, and twin ninjas at that.

That being said, Ashley had a good chance because she had a more spreadout range of attacks in her ability. Add her fanbase and you get a character idea that doesn't sound complete nonsense, like Pac-man.

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
Twilight Change was a mistranslation, if Ashley was seen, there can be no mistranslation there.
Even so, it's still a mistake made by the same website due to their sources. At the moment, I don't care that much about whether she's a PC or not, but I still want proof Ashley was seen in the game. I doubt anyone has taken a photo or something, though.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Twilight Change was a mistranslation, if Ashley was seen, there can be no mistranslation there.
There are information from a message board like this one. There are rumorus like Tingle, Birdo and Raiden are ATs. And the source is one person and the one person is sure he saw this ATs. They were also on this site.
Sounds stupid >_> , but a possible mistranslation could be, that their songs appear on WarioWare (as example)

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
But the people that are reporting speak English, they are not mistranslating because there is nothing to translate.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
But the people that are reporting speak English, they are not mistranslating because there is nothing to translate.
The only english-speaking guy there was ITP. I read his information and that was the only one things I read about WarioWare:
WarioWare:
The minigames are really enjoyable, and the rewards are weird, sometimes people grow, sometimes nothing happens.

the fact that the minigames are an all stage floor saved some people from dying, was fun to see.
there was smash the wall, avoid the foot, avoid the rain, activate the party hats, avoid the arrows

volume was turned off, except for outputted matches, which wasn't all the time because they had a reel with the E3 2006, Nintendo world 2006 and sonic comes into brawl trailers...

the summit looks crazy(I only watched it), the whole stage tilts completely and slides furiously down the mountain. and the platform setup there is weird.
There weren't any new micro games.

The other information seem to be translated from Japanese sites.

Maggirus

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey man, at least she makes an appearance, and has a song. Im at least grateful that she's in there.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Hey man, at least she makes an appearance, and has a song. Im at least grateful that she's in there.
Yes, you're right. All background characters also get a trophy. I wonder what's the description on her trophy.
At SSB4 we will spamming the poll with Ashley suggestions. :laugh:

Maggirus

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
Even if she did make an appearance...it's sad Ashley won't be playable. I had specifically planned to annihilate my friend with her and prove that he can't even beat a little girl in brawl.

I guess I have to settle with Diddy then...
...At least I can shoot peanuts.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this news is a bit of a downer to me. Both Ashley and 9-Volt are out as PCs. Ouch, way to kick WarioWare where it hurts.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'm about 77% convinced she won't be in Brawl as a PC, but I have yet to see any screenshots of Ashley in the warioware stage. Besides, Brawlcentral isn't entirely true. Remember twilight transformation?

So far, I'm calling BS.

We only had one detail about the CoroCoro wrong, and we only posted that because multiple sources were saying that about Zelda's card. Other than than, weve been dead on with everything else.

The japanese players at Whobby posted on forums that Ashley was in the background. It was translated by me, Aeris, .Yoshi, and others.

D

Deleted member

I hope this doesn't turn into another Tom Nook "background" argument.

Lets salute Ashley, wish her well for the next smash then let this be.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I hope this doesn't turn into another Tom Nook argument. Lets salute Ashley and wish her well for the next smash.
Sshhh! Don't mention Tom Nook!

I don't want to have to hate Ashley any more than I already do.

Ashley is deconfirmed. That's that.

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
While I admit I'm not a Ashley-pedia I do know a thing or two about her. I like the couple movesets I've seen but I think she would really shine as a character if Red performed all A moves and arials and Ashley performed B moves. She would be a very light character but that disadvantage would be fixed because the use of Red for most of her moves would work as disjointed damage (similar to Marth). This would give her mad priority once you got her timing down. Red could almost be considered her shield and bodyguard.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Hey guys, look at the good news, she has her own song and a cameo in brawl :]

Sorry about the deconfirmation :\

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Not this again >_<
He has a point, we don't have perfect proof to say she's not in. Just becasue someone's said she's out...... that's not enough proof to tell you the truth.

Pictures anyone? Didn't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom