• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official Arrow looping thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thats y I use the first arrow as my "Tracer" and then aim it correctly. It's sort of like a laser pointer for a Guided missile.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I know where my arrow is at all times, whether or not I can see it. :) so thats not a problem for me....

And Adm, you were speaking of having arrows come from above, the left, and right :s exactly how is that possible...

newark4eva

Smash Rookie
so can u arrow loop withtap jump on or no cause i've been trying my answer is no if so can someone (kupo) give me advice on how to thx

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There are different variations of Arrow Looping, which is posted in the first page, first comment. The way I usually make arrows come from the left or right is by using the Boomerang Arrow Looping.
And then I got the arrow rain as usual, but sometimes I mix Arrow Rain and "The Knot" arrow looping together for some better precision, depending on my situation.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea you can do it with tap jump on or off. If it is on, then you will most likely jump unless your careful. Your problem is that you rotate the joystick too fast or slow. you need to find the right rhythm.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea but Id rather jump when i want to or else they will no the timing of your jump means arrow loop. You want more freedom of movement.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
If you wanta mindgames them into thinking that you are looping an arrow you can do it with tap jump off just as well with it on and with it off it allow for other aspects of your game to grow aswell. Tap jump off hands down.

PS: anyone who says tap jump should be on should try jumping everytime you wanta look up and see it you look/feel/are an idiot.

Icystrider

Smash Rookie
Arrow Looping

Arrow looping does add that extra.... spunk... to the match.... where the enemy goes "cooool (^_^)"

arm

Smash Apprentice
I use tap jump on, and looping is just as easy for me. It also helps with wingdashing, so yeah.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
The Boomerang one reminds me of a Lasso, but I like the name Boomerang, too. I'm still practicing that one.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Tap-to-Jump doesn't normally interfere with a single loop. But when you need to loop the same arrow more then once you'll start to jump. Plus if you want to really take arrow play to the next level Tap-to-Jump must be off. (Note when I say "take arrow play to the next level" that isn't to say it's good for competitive play.)

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I agree with undr, tap to jump should be turned off. Especially if you plan to keep your arrows horizontal after the loop.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I suppose I should turn it off, but then I wouldnt be able to do my Magnet Ring, or can I?

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
I have a question...not about the arrow looping itself, but the follow-up. What attacks out of a simple arrow loop are best? I tend to just use ftilt but just cuz it's the easiest. I'm trying for fsmash and possibly some aerials. Any attacks/specials you find particularly effective?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Bairs are very effective. Great for a fancy kill. ^_^ Sliding F-Smash works for spacing. And any canceled aerial works for good building damage.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I've done them Looped Arrows + B-airs for the kill before. I believe the 2 most recent ones were against an Orange Spammus (Sorry if this offended your friend Undr >_<) and a spammy Snake.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nah, I think Sauna would wear the term Spamus with pride. In fact to be honest Samus is played best as a Spamus. However there's a certain way it should be done and not many do it right. But yeah, Arrow Looping Sami never get old.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Im going to add a trick to the section:
Arrow loop of Death
There is only one person you can kill with an arrow and at 40%. That person is Falco. Do the classic arrow loop and AR as the arrow goes by your head. What will happen is the arrow will bounce between the two a lot and hit falco when his shield goes away causing death. This will also make them think twice about reflecting making the effect a good mindgame.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
nice Idea, but I would like to see it really work, you would have to be close enough to make it so he can't do anything about it, such as jump after, yet far enough away so that you don't get hit by the reflector.

kown

Smash Lord
yo what is this double arrow loop that ive seen undr and admp do? arrow looping mite be more than okay....not sure tho

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
yo what is this double arrow loop that ive seen undr and admp do? arrow looping mite be more than okay....not sure tho
You mean when we shoot one arrow on one side, and it goes upwards, then we do the same thing on the other side quickly? Though there is no name for it, I first saw it in Sagemoon's Combo vid, where he did that and the 2nd arrow hit a Zelda.

I'm guessing that Undr did the same thing, which was seen in his most recent compilation vid, against Samus at Picto.

Surprisingly, there is no name for this. Oh well, back to my Gemini Arrows.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Ok, question. Can you arrow loop on any level? I've done many arrow loops. But I don't own my own Wii so I can't test this. I know at least a lot of levels you can. And also, can you do all the types of loops on any level?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Arrow loops cannot be done on every level due to the many hazards on some, such as the many walls and platforms that get in the way, like Luigi's Mansion or that scrolling Mario stage.

Some stages might be too small or just hard to manuver in.

FD, BF, SV, Lylat, Yoshi's Island (despite the stupid Shy guys in the way) and Bridge of Eldin are the best places for arrow loops, and maybe Norfair.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how low below the stage arrows can go before disappearing? I've done some reverse arrow loops on delfino plaza and wanted to know if I could bring bring an arrow up from below and then bring it back down into a boomerang if I missed. (I would test this but I can't) Also, do arrows that go upwards ever actually disappear if you keep controlling them? (I know they will disappear if you don't control them at all)

Just out of curiosity.

kown

Smash Lord
woot found another variation to looping a "secret " arrow. took me like 3 hrs to find. and i know that it was probably all for nothing...but now i feel like i can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom