• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official Arrow looping thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
I didn't know the the "Knot" exists. That's kind of arrow looping look so awesome.

I don't find the Arrow Rain useful though. You think your opponent would wait around for you to shoot 4 arrows in the sky? I think not, lol. And sometimes, by the time you shoot the 4th arrow and direct it's movement while your opponent is recovering, your opponent probably would have gotten back to the stage. Not to mention it's hard to hit opponents with arrows falling from the sky. I find other methods more beneficial, but the Arrow Rain is still fun to use on a large stage.

Villains

Smash Cadet
So as example one press up should be enough to make him curve?

I always HOLD the arrow keys, but that is wrong?

Thanks alot :)
Hmm, u just need to do it quick and not take half an hour for just switching between up and left (if u shot the arrow right). I always keep them pressed, but i dunno if its needed. Just put your tap-jump thing off. Then it doesn't bother that much.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
There are two ways to jump, which are by pressing the jump button and moving your control stick (or joystick) up. If you turn off Tap Jump, then you can only jump by pressing the jump button since you cannot jump by moving the control stick (or joystick) up.

Having your Tap Jump off helps you with your arrow looping. It's kind of harder looping your arrows when you're jumping while directing the movement of the arrow(s). So it's recommended to turn your Tap Jump thing off when you're Pit and trying to loop your arrows. It's easier that way.

Elsavita

Smash Rookie
thanks, that helped.

And what would be a good spot for the jump button at the original wii controller?

Thanks.

PS: No 1 or 2 ( since I use these for attacks ) Also no B please -> (beneath controller)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Thanks! ^_^ Yes you can hide the fact that you are looping an arrow with minimal movement, but there really isn't any point. you can hide your arrow loop better while you are in the air because you don't crouch. An example is a clip in my first combo vid where I hit a Falco using illusion. You just have to be creative when you use it to hide it.

I forgot about arrow rain. I need to include that although it is not recommended

You use just the wiimote? wow I think you need to hook up a nunchuck

Elsavita

Smash Rookie
I got a nunchuck, but Its hard to play with both of these controllers together at the same time.

Also the '''joystick'' from the nunchuck isn't accurate, when I press down, I go left sometimes, or right (sides) , if you get what I mean...
But i'll try it again..

kupo15

Smash Hero
does 7th place out of 60 count? There is nothing wrong with the setup. It just takes time to get used to

kown

Smash Lord
heh im not saying ppl arent good with them. 7th out of 60 isnt bad but that still means there were 6 ppl with ganecube controllers that ranked higher.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I love the wiimote/nunchuck. It makes my arrow accuracy much better and I can do all of Pits AT's without changing my buttons around.

kupo15

Smash Hero
i prefer to keep moving but you can also hold another arrow while looping the first one. Its called arrow blitzing when you hit with more than one arrow..

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ugh, now every1 is trying arrow rain! Palutena doesnt mind sending arrows from above to help angels, but I think I'm being cloned by those who are trying to do it, which i dont think I like it. Sage is an exception.

kown

Smash Lord
i dont even know what arrow rain is. i supopse ill look it up now.

istudying ur not allowed to arrow rain cuz ur not kool. thats my reason. haha jk

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Uh whats the problem if someone does the arrow rain?
It takes to long for such low/hard to control/easy to avoid/no setup damage. I think there is only 1 person who really used it in a game.

i dont even know what arrow rain is. i supopse ill look it up now.

istudying ur not allowed to arrow rain cuz ur not kool. thats my reason. haha jk
Shot a few arrows strait up then have them come down it looks cool but nothing else.

istudying

Smash Lord
istudying ur not allowed to arrow rain cuz ur not kool. thats my reason. haha jk[/QUOTE]

I aint kool enough, snif snif*

preda100

Smash Rookie
sage thank alot of this pic´s and can you help me out with this?
look my friend maybe you know him istudying,i know him reall live and if we play he almost never DIE!
hes got like 180 damage and still alive when he got hitt and fly away!
he say he press something and he wont say it two me,because hes scared that i own him,

so what must i press when i got got hitt and fly away?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It takes to long for such low/hard to control/easy to avoid/no setup damage. I think there is only 1 person who really used it in a game.

Shot a few arrows strait up then have them come down it looks cool but nothing else.

Im the one that uses The rain in battle. It represents my name as if the arrows were sent by Palutena herself to help me in the battle, like an airstrike. An Admiral calls down bombardments, and I can imagine why I use it with my 2 months experience with it.

It's more than cool, it saved me a lot of times. Thanks to the heavens above for watching over me.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
DI and then airdodge. DI is using the control stick to pick which way your character will fly (up is best for most situations) and then airdodge allows you to regain control of your character.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I feel so ******** :( I couldn't figure out how to arrow rain because I kept trying to horseshoe, but I just needed to loop it like a knot >.< **** it (and now I've basically perfected it)

Good to know :) gunna be great for showing off in a middle of a serious match lol

rinoH

Smash Lord
eh i dont really like arrow rain cuz its too hard to control the arrow after you do the knot and you dont know where the arrow is gonna hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom