• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official Arrow looping thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo15

Smash Hero
nice Idea, but I would like to see it really work, you would have to be close enough to make it so he can't do anything about it, such as jump after, yet far enough away so that you don't get hit by the reflector.
haha it works and not too hard to do because you slide forward so time it to when falco is coming back and do it at the middle of the level. I have performed it a couple of times with different falcos. And the arrow goes back and forth so fast that being too far isnt that much of a problem. Obviously FD end to end doesnt work.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
One other thing I was thinking is, that the arrow would have to be perfectly strait, because if it was at an angel then it would hit the reflector from either player and go off in a few different ways. It sounds like a good idea that can work, but alot of factors have to happen, and if any1 misses then you get him badly.

kupo15

Smash Hero
well actually it depends. Sometimes it has to be straight but since the arrows get reflected back the same angle they hit, slight angles do work. It is slightly situational but as long as you practice getting it straight with the AR, it should be cool.

Also, you can tell when falcos go to reflect, they crouch while you charge the arrow :)

Mejhdy

Smash Rookie
Could anyone post their controller scheme for using Arrow loops? I'm using GC controller with the analog stick, and am having a hard time. If it's better with the Wii-mote, just post that and I'll give it a shot. Thanks in advance!

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
It doesn't real mater and most people will give you the same info on it, but everyone say tap jump off. I play with a GC controller and the only change I have set is tap jump off and I think that is what most players do.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Heh, I've used the Boomerang variation of the Arrow Looping more often. It's fun to see an opponent look at me like "Why did he shoot an arrow upwards?" and when they charge after me and get hit by the arrow behind them, they go "WTF?"

Royale

Smash Journeyman
i was just messing around in Basic Brawl practicing Arrow Looping and i accidently KO'ed a MK at temple with my arrow just as it was going up LOL

SSBA

Smash Rookie
HORSE SHOE
my favorite pit arrow tech cause unless your opponent knows whats comeing, why wud they expect the arrow that u fired off in the opposite direction come back and hit them?
gotten some really wierd reactions when it plays a crutial role in a combo or a kill.
:]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom