• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Ha.
I think i'll pass on that.

I just started playing this game so I still wanna learn the basics.

EDIT: Uhg. Disconnect. Setting up room again.
Sorry about that. we didnt pay the internet bill, so off went the wifi!
GG's.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, someonerandom, albeit a bit laggy, I was messing up all kinds of ATs, especially with Ike.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Good games, deadjames. Not the greatest connection, but it was fun. ;P

That Bowser seemed untouchable those last games, could barely land a hit, even a B-air. Any advice for that match up? Actually, any advice in general? lol

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Good games, deadjames. Not the greatest connection, but it was fun. ;P

That Bowser seemed untouchable those last games, could barely land a hit, even a B-air. Any advice for that match up? Actually, any advice in general? lol
Well my advice for the Bowser MU would be not to use Jiggs lol, that's one of her worst MUs along with Ike, and Wario used to be really bad for her too, but 3.0 Wario got some major nerfs so I'm not sure if he's as much of a threat to her anymore. All she can really do is try to look for rest setups, but many of them only work at low percents and Bowser is heavy enough that he can usually live with good DI. I would say try to develop your Marth more because he absolutely destroys Bowser. As for general advice try not to be so aggressive on the ledge sometimes getting back to a neutral position is the best option, also don't sit in shield for so long I got quite a few command grabs with Bowser because of it.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Well my advice for the Bowser MU would be not to use Jiggs lol, that's one of her worst MUs along with Ike, and Wario used to be really bad for her too, but 3.0 Wario got some major nerfs so I'm not sure if he's as much of a threat to her anymore. All she can really do is try to look for rest setups, but many of them only work at low percents and Bowser is heavy enough that he can usually live with good DI. I would say try to develop your Marth more because he absolutely destroys Bowser. As for general advice try not to be so aggressive on the ledge sometimes getting back to a neutral position is the best option, also don't sit in shield for so long I got quite a few command grabs with Bowser because of it.
Aww, really? I actually had no clue Bowser was a bad match up, although it is now apparent after playing your Bowser. ;P I thought it'd be a fun match up because of all the Rest setups, but that Whirling Fortress is too good. I put so much time into Jiggly that I kind of left my ZSS and Marth in the dust, will try to improve them.

dat Brawl habit of hiding in shield, I have to kick it, especially since I get punished in both Brawl and Project M for it. Will try not to ledge-hop aerials every single time too, lol. Thanks for the advice, now I know what needs work.

One last thing... were you able to see the damage gauges? I didn't have any on my screen, lol.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Aww, really? I actually had no clue Bowser was a bad match up, although it is now apparent after playing your Bowser. ;P I thought it'd be a fun match up because of all the Rest setups, but that Whirling Fortress is too good. I put so much time into Jiggly that I kind of left my ZSS and Marth in the dust, will try to improve them.

dat Brawl habit of hiding in shield, I have to kick it, especially since I get punished in both Brawl and Project M for it. Will try not to ledge-hop aerials every single time too, lol. Thanks for the advice, now I know what needs work.

One last thing... were you able to see the damage gauges? I didn't have any on my screen, lol.
Haha yeah I'm bad about hiding in shield too, but Bowser can get away with it because up-b OoS is so good lol, and the damage gauge thing is a glitch it's been reported to the PMBR and they're working on fixing it, Strong Bad said they're probably going to release a patch in a few days.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Mmm, I see. Sounds good, I'll be hunting down that patch ASAP when it comes out...

Although, to be fair, when Resting non-heavies percent hardly matters. xD

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Good games Courage pretty cool being able to vs you again

Edit: ok

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
GG's james~

That Pika though. I was just like "lol w0t" the entire match. I don't know which character to use against him. :(

Also, was your damage meter not showing as well?

GGs, Azula, ugh Mewtwo is so gay, I swear every time I fight him I feel like I'm playing Brawl lol.
I love Mewtwo! I still don't know how to play him all that well hence the SD's.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GG's james~

That Pika though. I was just like "lol w0t" the entire match. I don't know which character to use against him. :(

Also, was your damage meter not showing as well?
The damage thing is a glitch with wifi and yeah I'm so glad Pika finally got buffed, he's so amazing now as for MUs I can't really think of anyone that Pika is particularly bad against, he's a pretty versatile character, I guess Sheik maybe. MK doesn't seem particularly favorable for Pika either, and Ness is pretty bad too.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
The damage thing is a glitch with wifi and yeah I'm so glad Pika finally got buffed, he's so amazing now as for MUs I can't really think of anyone that Pika is particularly bad against, he's a pretty versatile character, I guess Sheik maybe. MK doesn't seem particularly favorable for Pika either, and Ness is pretty bad too.
I'll probably try Ivy next time. She'd probably have an easier time than Zelda.

Ok just glad to know it wasn't just me. I messed up a lot of pummels because I didn't know what damage you were at lol.

Top Bottom