• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
it was a pleasure doing Dubz with you Ometa!!
we should be partners again sometime!

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
... seeing as how I will not be around much anymore. :(
I didn't mean it like that, I wasn't trying to replace you or anything. and even P:M 3.0 couldn't change your mind?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, Cons, Ometa, and L&B I couldn't take the lag anymore, I had to get off, if either Cons or L&B want some advice let me know.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Well, my SD card isn't large enough to support 3.0, unfortunately. With that being said, I do not wish to pursue another one, in the near future. I have always thought that my tech skill was being masked by WiFi, almost to a point of anger... not to mention that the P:M MUs are extra difficult for Captain Falcon. My P:M WiFi career is temporarily "finished"(if it ever started). Melee is where I live, and belong, my tech skill is going to be refined and perfected.

I will probably lurk the thread to give helpful insight and such...

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Well, my SD card isn't large enough to support 3.0, unfortunately. With that being said, I do not wish to pursue another one, in the near future. I have always thought that my tech skill was being masked by WiFi, almost to a point of anger... not to mention that the P:M MUs are extra difficult for Captain Falcon. My P:M WiFi career is temporarily "finished"(if it ever started). Melee is where I live, and belong, my tech skill is going to be refined and perfected.

It's because they nerfed Luigi isn't it? :(

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Thats fine and ok
Uh, I sincerely apologize for those games we had, lol. I'm impressed you managed to put up with my Brawl BS for 40 minutes. :o Nice Falcon, by the way. I swear I was teching the Up-Bs though. D: Brawl is definitely not my forte any longer...

I think it's time I put Brawl down for good. Project M will follow soon, but I think I can havea few more fun times with it.

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184

Whats this? Oh, my tear ducts are acting up....

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
GGs DeadJames, J-Slo and Cons~

My first time ever doing P:M dubs didn't go so bad I suppose. Me and Cons had a couple crazy teamwork moments there haha.

@Cons, we played for quite a while xD Your Ganon is very good. I was having a pretty tough time with him haha, but I played decently overall

Any advice you guys have for me would be much appreciated :3
Just bear in mind that I've only had P:M for a few days and I haven't touched melee since before brawl came out pretty much xD

j-slo-3

Smash Cadet

ah thats too bad i'll miss playing ya

j-slo-3

Smash Cadet

My first time ever doing P:M dubs didn't go so bad I suppose. Me and Cons had a couple crazy teamwork moments there haha.

@Cons, we played for quite a while xD Your Ganon is very good. I was having a pretty tough time with him haha, but I played decently overall

Just bear in mind that I've only had P:M for a few days and I haven't touched melee since before brawl came out pretty much xD
well as far as advice for fox I don't really play him. The only spacie I play is wolf and I don' even think im that great with him yet in PM

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums

Noooooooooo... I never got to play you and your Falcon I've heard so much about T_T

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Ok, well your DK has gotten a lot better, it seems like you're getting a really good grasp on what combos work and stuff, but in general with all of your characters, stop overextending yourself by going offstage for meteors, it gets you killed more often than you kill your opponent especially when they read it.

Well if you're going to main Fox you're definitely going to need to learn to L-cancel, that's the only thing I can think of really, I could probably give you more detailed advice if I played you 1v1.
any late night PM??
Me!

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184

Your fox is pretty deadly, it was kinda hard to juke you out. Especially when you would jump and Nair up close.
Bleh. im terrible at advice giving.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
L-cancelling. I will work on the timing, thanks haha

@Cons, my reaction time during our matches was pretty good, I was able to react even to the startup animations of your attacks sometimes haha

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
L-cancelling. I will work on the timing, thanks haha
It's pretty hard to do on wifi, but offline it's super easy, just press one of the triggers when you touch the ground after an aerial, you know you've done it correctly when you're character flashes white for a second, it cancels 50% of your landing lag from said aerial.

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
Hmmmm well when when it's about to put me in the game the game says BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*to infinity* aka meaning it crashes..

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
It's pretty hard to do on wifi, but offline it's super easy, just press one of the triggers when you touch the ground after an aerial, you know you've done it correctly when you're character flashes white for a second, it cancels 50% of your landing lag from said aerial.
I've watched enough melee streams to know how it all works, which coincidentally is the only reason why I already know pretty much how to play as Fox hahaha

PZ

Smash Lord
Uh, I sincerely apologize for those games we had, lol. I'm impressed you managed to put up with my Brawl BS for 40 minutes. :o Nice Falcon, by the way. I swear I was teching the Up-Bs though. D: Brawl is definitely not my forte any longer...

I think it's time I put Brawl down for good. Project M will follow soon, but I think I can havea few more fun times with it.
Yea I noticed when we went to pokemon stadium and the stage changed to windmill part I hit the dodge button too early but still got the windmill tech so there was definitely some input lag going on. Even if you say Brawl BS I still had fun but then again I just be happy to play another person in general. My friends aren't as experienced at the game as I am. I am probably seen as a good player to them but I honestly am bad at this game.

Feel free to do whatever you want though. The reason I play brawl is for the DI. When I played 64 or melee I always get blown up by another player as if I was playing another competitive fighter but brawl always has chances. If I get grabbed by IC's, wario, pikachu or w/e other grab character then 0 to death I will always have a chance to live. Project Melee definitely peeks my interests because in that game one of my favorite characters is actually viable.(charizard) Too bad I don't have the SD card to hack my wii anymore.

EDIT: Sorry for late response I got too many errors before I decided to quit trying to post.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Okay I'll host one more time, tell me if it still disconnects you. Maybe there's something blocking our communication in our areas.

Top Bottom