• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I'll play some P:M with you, but give me just a few minutes, I need to help my niece with here homework.
GGS DJ! Really fun... I cant believe I actually won some, this is only the third time I've played pm.

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
GGs Joey! We played for quite the long while didn't we? xD

Generally, those were some good matches, and I really dig your :yoshi2:'s combos man; dem tilts o.o

And I'm glad that I could play a significant amount of matches with my :marth:, because I've laid the emphasis of specific character training onto him at the very moment ;o

Looking forward to the next ones!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anyone else for a bit of Brawl? Or perhaps we could get some d00bz going ;o

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I'd love any and all advice you are willing to divulge,

I saw you join, what happened? (I'm on pm btw...)
Ok well first of all, in general learn how and when to wavedash that is one of the most important fundamentals of the game, you already seem to have dash-dancing and crouch cancelling down so that's good. As for characters:
-Zelda: Don't try to set up Din's Fire when you see that your opponent is approaching it leaves really vulnerable, and try not to just throw out so many random fsmashes.
-Sheik: Utilize your grabs more bthrow and dthrow are great for setting up tech chases, and instead of doing her infinite jab utilize jab cancels.
-Ivy: Don't sit and charge Solar Beam if there's any chance your opponent can punish, also you can angle seed bombs with the analog stick.
-MK: Don't use nado or side-b offensively they're really only good for recovery.
-Bowser: I couldn't really tell if you were serious about playing him or not, but he's my main so I could write paragraphs about what you could've been doing better, but I'm lazy so I really don't feel like it lol.
-Marth: Most of your Brawl knowledge should transition pretty well, just try to mix up your recovery a little more.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
GGs Joey! We played for quite the long while didn't we? xD

Generally, those were some good matches, and I really dig your :yoshi2:'s combos man; dem tilts o.o

And I'm glad that I could play a significant amount of matches with my :marth:, because I've laid the emphasis of specific character training onto him at the very moment ;o

Looking forward to the next ones!

Yeah, "generally" good matches lol. I was zoning out hard on a lot of them, until finally I was like "Ok, time to wake up" lol
Trying to use tilts more as Yoshi, and also trying to play a little bit more aggro. Feelin it out, ya know

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Ok well first of all, in general learn how and when to wavedash that is one of the most important fundamentals of the game, you already seem to have dash-dancing and crouch cancelling down so that's good. As for characters:... Etc...
I have no Idea what crouch canceling is...

I cannot seem to play as marth (as irritating as that is to me) He's just... Different than brawl... Weird spacing, no extra recovery on shield breaker...

I was pretty serious about bowser! He was my main when my best friend had a gamecube!

Anyone want to play P:M?
GGS Azula, I was trying to pay attention to the match and see if I could spy on any tech you had...

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
I do! I'd love to have a match with a fellow last airbender fan!
GG's. I'm not that used to playing in such bad lag so I feel as though my performance was a bit off.

Some tips:
-You can cancel out of a grounded Farore's Wind simply by airdodging. This is extremely useful and one of Zelda's best assets in P:M, simply because you can either follow with another teleport, usmash, or dsmash
-Don't throw out ftilt too much. It doesn't kill early and it only reliable sets up combos in lower %'s
-Use Nayru's a lot more
-Use bthrow to kill and dthrow to set up combos. fthrows should just be mixups and uthrows just against fast-fallers

That's about all I can think of now. I'd like to play again soon - hopefully sans the lag.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Okay dumb question! but how do I include my fc by my name????
Click on your username at the top of the page. You'll get a drop down menu. In the menu, select "personal details." It will take you to a page where you can edit your account details, and you can enter your FC into a "brawl friend code" box there. :3

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
GG's. I'm not that used to playing in such bad lag so I feel as though my performance was a bit off.

Some tips:
-You can cancel out of a grounded Farore's Wind simply by airdodging. This is extremely useful and one of Zelda's best assets in P:M, simply because you can either follow with another teleport, usmash, or dsmash
-Don't throw out ftilt too much. It doesn't kill early and it only reliable sets up combos in lower %'s
-Use Nayru's a lot more
-Use bthrow to kill and dthrow to set up combos. fthrows should just be mixups and uthrows just against fast-fallers

That's about all I can think of now. I'd like to play again soon - hopefully sans the lag.
I was going to ask anyway how you did that, thanks!

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Click on your username at the top of the page. You'll get a drop down menu. In the menu, select "personal details." It will take you to a page where you can edit your account details, and you can enter your FC into a "brawl friend code" box there. :3
Thank you!

gg oo7 got any tips for me?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, Miya. I was feeling myself a lot more today, I must've just been having an off night last night. What do you think of my Wolf and Falco? I'm slowly starting to get the hang of playing spacies, but I feel like I'm not that great yet.

@Ben: Well in that case I'll come up with some Bowser advice for you eventually then. You should check out the Bowser discussions on the P:M boards as well.

Top Bottom