• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Hevil93

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hevil93
3DS FC
2148-8887-6155
My Yoshi rea;;y doesn't SD that much, but tonight was special. I also should turn tap jump off. Haven't played since '11 against another competent person wifi/live. I had to get another wii when they stopped production. Now I can play brawl until the WFC is discontinued. cheers mate gotta sleep now damn sun rising without telling me; who the ****...

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
My Yoshi rea;;y doesn't SD that much, but tonight was special. I also should turn tap jump off. Haven't played since '11 against another competent person wifi/live. I had to get another wii when they stopped production. Now I can play brawl until the WFC is discontinued. cheers mate gotta sleep now damn sun rising without telling me; who the ****...
Ah right, well yah I'd recommend disabling tap jump really. And thank you for the implicit compliment as well ;p

Thanks for playing either way, and perhaps we'll brawl again anytime soon!

EDIT:
Still no one else for a Brawl? ;o

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Thanks for humoring me. Had fun ggs all that jazz cool marth, I really need the Marth practice. Yoshi ain't got **** in him.

...also the sun is rising I should stop drinking lol
Yoshi does in fact have a few things on marth. You have to aim to make the marth slow down.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
ok who wants to play
I would love to play brawl but my wii is broke so i have to borrow my cousins. When i get a new one i will be sure to let you know
Main: :sonic: :pikachu2:
Secondaries: :ness2: :wolf: :yoshi2:

Starter Stages: :battlefieldb: :fdb: :smashville:
Counter Picks: :delfino: :halberd: :ps2: :castlesiege: :lylat:
Yeah but one question, since we now know that Xenforo's post limit is 107,000, how will we be able to avoid this when it comes along again?
Woah!, overcompensate much, man how many character mains does a guy need.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's Alexo! Was it like a month ago when we first played? Cuz damn you learn fast! That Falcon is like impossible to get away from. I was wondering how you were landing so much knees and I was able to land mine only like 4 or 5 times. Dat Mario too! You were wavedashing and moonwalking in the lag like it never existed. You are very good dude. Your Sheik is pretty good too. You just gotta learn to use more Down Smash lol

I dunno whats in the air these days but everyone is getting better in such a short amount of time.

Edit: Your Falcon is better that's for sure. That was actually the first time i used Ganon. I just had the Falcon mentality when using him. It worked great. He also kills extremely early.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
GG's Alexo! Was it like a month ago when we first played? Cuz damn you learn fast! That Falcon is like impossible to get away from. I was wondering how you were landing so much knees and I was able to land mine only like 4 or 5 times. Dat Mario too! You were wavedashing and moonwalking in the lag like it never existed. You are very good dude. Your Sheik is pretty good too. You just gotta learn to use more Down Smash lol

I dunno whats in the air these days but everyone is getting better in such a short amount of time.
You're too kind. Yeah lol lag cant mess up muscle memory. The lag was messing up my actual gameplay though. Yeah Ive got a bunch of pocket characters lol. I was gonna go Marth but I wouldve gotten embarassed. Your Marth is pretty darn good. I was stunned that first time you went Marth, you wrecked me. I hope to play you again soon!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
You're too kind. Yeah lol lag cant mess up muscle memory. The lag was messing up my actual gameplay though. Yeah Ive got a bunch of pocket characters lol. I was gonna go Marth but I wouldve gotten embarassed. Your Marth is pretty darn good. I was stunned that first time you went Marth, you wrecked me. I hope to play you again soon!
Fo sho!

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
GGs L&B; that was much better than last time lolssss.

I think you were able to beat most of my characters; including that bloody :falco: once (the SDs with that fiendish bird made me cry blood though lol no johns) ;O

Nice mix-ups and good grab game man. The grabs in particular catch me off-guard every now and then O.o

Looking forward to the next one(s)!

EDIT:
THE NOTORIOUS WIFI ''COMBO'' THOUGH :confused:

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
GGs L&B; that was much better than last time lolssss.

I think you were able to beat most of my characters; including that bloody :falco: once (the SDs with that fiendish bird made me cry blood though lol no johns) ;O

Nice mix-ups and good grab game man. The grabs in particular catch me off-guard every now and then O.o

Looking forward to the next one(s)!

EDIT:
THE NOTORIOUS WIFI ''COMBO'' THOUGH :confused:
GGs~ :3

In the middle of those matches I started getting some terrible input lag, I felt as though the command was a full half second after the input. It was suddenly gone that 2nd Diddy match on smashville lulz.

As for the wifi combo, (most) of those were supposed to be bair -> AC fair, but ya know, lost buffer frames cuz wifi. And from my offline experimentation, bair -> fsmash almost always can connect at low % if I initially hit them from battlefield platform level... Other than that, those were not supposed to happen xD

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
that 2nd Diddy match on smashville lulz
Yeah you totally obliterated the poor Kong during the first 2 stocks that match T.T

As for the wifi combo, (most) of those were supposed to be bair -> AC fair, but ya know, lost buffer frames cuz wifi. And from my offline experimentation, bair -> fsmash almost always can connect at low % if I initially hit them from battlefield platform level... Other than that, those were not supposed to happen xD
Hmmm, well then I guess it's justified.. Still obnoxious as hell though xD

Mehh, quite a pity my own :wolf: was a bit off.. I should play more regularly with da Wuuullfffff :O

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
cool, btw im new at all this so bear with me as i figure it all out :bee:

GG's! Just so you know, those stall-and-fall type moves such as Sonic's down air are really really good for setting yourself up to get smashed :lick: so i would recommend not using it as often lol. Keep practicing!

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Yeah you totally obliterated the poor Kong during the first 2 stocks that match T.T

Hmmm, well then I guess it's justified.. Still obnoxious as hell though xD

Mehh, quite a pity my own :wolf: was a bit off.. I should play more regularly with da Wuuullfffff :O
Haha, I hate Wolf dittos even though I'm pretty good with them. Expect me to go Fox if you work on him more :p

Fabulous Killjoy

Smash Rookie
GG's! Just so you know, those stall-and-fall type moves such as Sonic's down air are really really good for setting yourself up to get smashed :lick: so i would recommend not using it as often lol. Keep practicing!
thanks man, id never really played against someone who actually played that good before, mostly just the kids in my neighborhood and they all stink :p so i didnt know what to expect. thanks for the tips though, maybe brawl again sometime?? :bee:

Top Bottom