• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
We need to play before wifi ends, Ornge. We've never gotten to play before, to my knowledge. Missed you for an entire year due to technical difficulties on my end.
Brawl anyone?
I'll play ya. :applejack:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
We need to play before wifi ends, Ornge. We've never gotten to play before, to my knowledge. Missed you for an entire year due to technical difficulties on my end.

I'll play ya. :applejack:
Sorry I had to eat, but if you're still there i'll get on.
Edit: GGs, I give up. You must be pretty bored of fighting me anyway.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Edit: GGs, I give up. You must be pretty bored of fighting me anyway.
Good games. Nah, the connection was just somewhat choppy. Kept giving me the nuisance of misinterpreted buffers, especially on my turnaround inputs.

I took it my edgehogs on you at 0% were fairly frustrating. Just took advantage of the situation as I should, nothing personal. Your Kirby is good stuff, but I feel like you could be more committed to your aerial game. Use pivot jumps to take off, bait their shield by staying near them with your back turned, and either fastfall b-air/u-air when you see it drop, or airdodge then go for a grab/u-tilt. Also try to get behind them if you can, especially if you choose to airdodge. Throws people off, and allows for a lot of other mixups to take place afterward. :applejack:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Good games. Nah, the connection was just somewhat choppy. Kept giving me the nuisance of misinterpreted buffers, especially on my turnaround inputs.

I took it my edgehogs on you at 0% were fairly frustrating. Just took advantage of the situation as I should, nothing personal. Your Kirby is good stuff, but I feel like you could be more committed to your aerial game. Use pivot jumps to take off, bait their shield by staying near them with your back turned, and either fastfall b-air/u-air when you see it drop, or airdodge then go for a grab/u-tilt. Also try to get behind them if you can, especially if you choose to airdodge. Throws people off, and allows for a lot of other mixups to take place afterward. :applejack:
Thanks for the advice, but I did try to get behind you during the match, but you would turnaround jab afterward. Every option I could think of you had some answer to, that's the thing that was discouraging me.

Anybody wanna brawl me
I guess I can play, what's your fc?

Last edited:

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the advice, but I did try to get behind you during the match, but you would turnaround jab afterward. Every option I could think of you had some answer to, that's the thing that was discouraging me.

I guess I can play, what's your fc?
1290-2531-7211

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Only because I could see it coming. It's a lot harder to predict if you use an airdodge to get behind me after aerial camping with me anticipating a b-air. Rolls aren't as effective for getting behind characters with Kirby, neither is running. Kirby can also crouch under jab 1 (and probably jab 2, I can't remember). Once you airdodge behind me, you can go straight into crouch and d-tilt. If it trips, free grab/fsmash. If it doesn't, you can go aerial or capitalize on the change of pace by going for a psuedo/decent follow-up.

Sorry to hear you got discouraged, though. :applejack:

I could play in a sec if you want, Chreest. Gonna be using Sonic.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Only because I could see it coming. It's a lot harder to predict if you use an airdodge to get behind me after aerial camping with me anticipating a b-air. Rolls aren't as effective for getting behind characters with Kirby, neither is running. Kirby can also crouch under jab 1 (and probably jab 2, I can't remember). Once you airdodge behind me, you can go straight into crouch and d-tilt. If it trips, free grab/fsmash. If it doesn't, you can go aerial or capitalize on the change of pace by going for a psuedo/decent follow-up.

That sounds good to me.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Wow! Good Games! That Sonic of yours is really good. Pit vs Sonic is fun I really was trying hard for that arrow rain though. I shouldn't have won that Toon link one though. Zero Suit Samus didn't stand a chance. Dang, Falco vs. Sonic on FD haha. One of them was unintentionally close too. I almost had that gimp!!! I liked the Diddy match ups. Fun stuff. If I went single or no banana those matches I totally would've lost all of them no question. FD is the only stage I could win on though. The last match I kept thinking (WHY WON'T HE DIE!?!?!?!) ha. I can cross one more thing off of my Wi-Fi bucket list now :grin:. Fun matches.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Chreest. I wasn't expecting to win that last game once my banana control went null, but that was Zatch's 2011 best-in-state Sonic DI going on during my last stock. I did a lot better than I would've guessed once I picked back up on my Sonic know-how. Your Diddy has improved pretty considerably, but you fish for kills too much when you're down a stock. Just be more patient and let your bananas set them up, unless you have confidence in a read. :applejack:

PZ

Smash Lord
Your first mistake is being in a taunt party.... Do it again and I'll do this to you.... and your taunt party

(I just wanted an excuse to post this lol. My empty threat is meaningless.) :grin:
I don't like that video. Its the first time I actually seen Mr. Game and Watch lose the game in his name and become Mr. Watch lol. MK da bes.
Anyone wanna play a few matches?

Dott

Smash Ace
@ I Dair You I Dair You sorry bro, i was missing a lot of inputs and i don't feel confortable if i play like that.

Really sorry if some matches were boring to you.

Also your Yoshi it's crazy!

Last edited:

PZ

Smash Lord
I Dair You do we resume or...? Good games anyway I guess. I kinda wanna stop using random as we probably have been doing. Your IC's is funny...its like you wanted the grab too badly than you would destroy me when you stop wanting it. Out of our matches your falco and snake were probably your best the others were pretty meh.

I wish I knew what I was doing as ZSS but her jump is so weird to me. I obviously can't do any of her Advance techs either lol

Top Bottom