• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

PZ

Smash Lord
Good Games Zatch! The beginning was kinda saddening for me but I soon got over it. I have learned that with my crappy execution playing the way I want to isn't going to work so the old "Bait and Punish" falcon method had to be put into action. Although I did not win much, (your amazing don't deny it!) I still did better than I did at the beginning.

EDIT: You wall tech so much that I pretty burned the words "hit him again" when I think I have killed you. O yea, I learned that even with falcon's bad move set as long as I get the reads and jab/grab mix-ups, he really is my best character. The whole bait and punish idea started during zelda vs falcon.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games PZ. I have the worst time trying to punish sidesteps and jabs, lol. I'm best at doing that with Samus, since I don't have to be up so close and have the auto-cancels on my side. But you did still great nonetheless. That Fox freefall on PS1 after my two techs... I didn't cancel side b to give myself that vital momentum. :c

PZ

Smash Lord
Good games PZ. I have the worst time trying to punish sidesteps and jabs, lol. I'm best at doing that with Samus, since I don't have to be up so close and have the auto-cancels on my side. But you did still great nonetheless. That Fox freefall on PS1 after my two techs... I didn't cancel side b to give myself that vital momentum. :c
I don't think you have trouble punishing either of those. You did tell me to stop rolling so much when we first played so I don't see why you would have trouble punishing my sidesteps. Although I did only start sidestepping a lot towards the end because I couldn't punish most of fox's moves correctly. I noticed that whenever I jab you, you usually spot dodge my next move or jab me so I thought I should probably stop trying to followup the jab and instead jab you some more...

I really enjoyed our matches and there is so much I learned. Like, AI react to footstools insanely fast. For example, during the falcon vs IC's I really buckled down on camping and not getting grab so throwing out only the safe stuff was my plan the entire time. (I totally only did some other moves to throw you off...they were in no way accidental....) Footstooling you while your shielding seemed safe but than when I went for falcon kick after footstool to split the IC's, nana immediately SH uair after the foostool. I wasn't sure if you saw the footstool coming but that reaction was not normal. Nana da best.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't think you have trouble punishing either of those. You did tell me to stop rolling so much when we first played so I don't see why you would have trouble punishing my sidesteps. Although I did only start sidestepping a lot towards the end because I couldn't punish most of fox's moves correctly. I noticed that whenever I jab you, you usually spot dodge my next move or jab me so I thought I should probably stop trying to followup the jab and instead jab you some more...
Rolling is easier for me to punish because I have a better clue of what you're going to do afterward. It looked like jabbing was the option of choice for you following your spotdodges, and I have trouble timing my punishes to hit you the moment your invincibility frames are up, rather than getting jabbed myself. When it comes to rolling, most people that have made a habit of it have a habit beyond that or one that pretty much corresponds (like trying to stay behind the opponent or keeping them in front of you, while you're both on the ground). I can't make reliable connections when it comes to spotdodges unless the player likes to smash afterwards, which is a lot easier to punish for me than something like jab, with the characters I like to use.

I spotdodged after the jab to avoid jab -> grab, and solely that, but it still managed to happen a lot more than I could escape. I pretty much only spotdodge to avoid grabs, or avoid strong attacks I foresee so that I don't take shield push or shield damage, and can punish the attack more reliably than shielding or rolling.

Last edited:

Stick_man

Smash Rookie
good games stick loved your marf
Good games Rose. Your Olimar was good (I think? I don't really know cause that was the first one I fought, but I did have trouble with it.) Why'd you stop playing after the first stock whenever you were on him though?

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
Good games Rose. Your Olimar was good (I think? I don't really know cause that was the first one I fought, but I did have trouble with it.) Why'd you stop playing after the first stock whenever you were on him though?
no that was not me that waz u even though were u using some kind of hack because on my end i saw that to but it was u insted of me iwas like ???

Last edited:

Stick_man

Smash Rookie
no that was not me that waz u even though were u using some kind of hack because on my end i saw that to but it was u insted of me iwas like ???
I don't really know what happened. You just seemed to have given up. You walked around and stuff, but you wouldn't pull pikmen or anything. If your game had me doing it then that is pretty weird.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Awesome games @ Ometa Ometa !!! :laugh:

When did you get such godlike tech skill?!?! Lol my Charizard was getting knocked around a lot in most those matches. Your Zero suite and GaW are soooo combo crazy xD.

I'm trying to figure out who to secondary. I love Zard so I main him. But I'm trying to find a character that compliments him. I use wii-chuck so maybe if I get a GCC I can learn to wavedash properly and use more technical characters.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
This doesn't need to be said but good games stick man.Your marth was looking much better,just more forward tilt.I wished you stayed as Link longer,would have probably made some great dittos.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
ok I will then er do you know the locations of the other guys?
like am I the only one in uk?
Most of them are in the US. If there's connection problems, there will be rule tweaks for those matches, and if those still don't make the round completable, there will be a coin flip to see who moves on. Which sucks, but it's a last resort :p

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
Most of them are in the US. If there's connection problems, there will be rule tweaks for those matches, and if those still don't make the round completable, there will be a coin flip to see who moves on. Which sucks, but it's a last resort :p
oh ok hen I still don't know the time difference between us

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
NOW its I believe tis er 8:13 pm
:)

I like your new pic BTW on luigi's mansion
Hm, Eastern Time is 5 hours behind you, so 6 eastern would be 11pm for you. The time isn't set for sure yet though, it might have to be earlier in the day depending on how many entrants we end up with.

And thanks for the compliment :p

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
Hm, Eastern Time is 5 hours behind you, so 6 eastern would be 11pm for you. The time isn't set for sure yet though, it might have to be earlier in the day depending on how many entrants we end up with.

ok thanks if it is 11pm I might not be able to join ;/

Stick_man

Smash Rookie

Is there any chance we can go with a more conservative list of stages? Frigate, Brinstar, and pk stadium 2 are all kind of gimmicky.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Is there any chance we can go with a more conservative list of stages? Frigate, Brinstar, and pk stadium 2 are all kind of gimmicky.

I'll play cap'n
ok I'm coming

Sorry I was spamming the B button when that request showed up lol.

Last edited:

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
I've been thinking about this actually... Frigate will probably stay, Brinstar I'm not sure, and I am probably removing pk stadium 2

Top Bottom