• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567

Stick_man

Smash Rookie
I plan on hosting a Wifi tournament next weekend. I'd like some arena peeps to join as well! If you're interested, sign up here: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/yYbRIy28XV

The date and time right now is set for Saturday April 12 at 6pm Eastern time~
I'd like to participate in that.
cant join im in london

don't think I can join im in London I don't know what time is mine to yours but I would like to
I think it's plus 5. (my uncle lives in the UK that's the only reason I know.) So if it's happening at 6:00pm eastern it would start for you at 11:00 pm

Stick_man

Smash Rookie
Sorry stick, I think it dc'd there. Are you done or? I can keep going if not.
Might I add, I am quite salty at myself now. I have gotten so goddamn rusty at this game. xD You are getting fair wins though, I'll just demand a rematch before wifi death. >>
Oh sorry I thought you were done. I'll hop back on.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

Edit 2: Is there a way to watch your friends' fights? I'd like to see the other tournament matches too.

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Oh sorry I thought you were done. I'll hop back on.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

Edit 2: Is there a way to watch your friends' fights? I'd like to see the other tournament matches too.
Nah, I would at least finish the match before
bailing. :p But great!

And I don't think so, the matches would have to be uploaded to YouTube if you were to see them.

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567

And I don't think so, the matches would have to be uploaded to YouTube if you were to see them.
you could replay it register each others wii codes and send it to one another
depending on how long the match is

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
GG's @ Zatchiel Zatchiel I need some work on my arrow looping. Things that I think are cool I do randomly until I learn that its not good to do randomly... arrow looping needs practice even if I don't do it randomly though. Your Metaknight is too good. I can't get away with anything against you.

Stick_man

Smash Rookie

I need like a 15-25 min break. I can play after that, but I've been doing this too long.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot to say this: great games. I liked your sheik. I think marth v sheik is very heavily weighted in marth's favor so don't beat your sheik up too much over me winning those.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My Meta Knight is just... Meta Knight, lol. Good games. I think you should use your jabs more, they can set up grabs or ground attacks, and stop lots of grounded approaches, especially if you buffer a turnaround to get an opponent that's behind you. And when you're airborne, it's better to use turnaround or b-reversal with your arrows than turning them around after starting the move. That way, you can retreat the arrows and camp harder, or use b-reversal to switch your aerial momentum to psyche out opponents trying to juggle you or punish your landing.

We can see if the connection is any better, Sass.

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
I need like a 15-25 min break. I can play after that, but I've been doing this too long.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot to say this: great games. I liked your sheik. I think marth v sheik is very heavily weighted in marth's favor so don't beat your sheik up too much over me winning those.
Sure. Sorry about my absences there too, there are annoying people here. Plus the connection was getting a bit choppy there.
And away, thanks! I'm always gonna beat on sheik no matter how I play him, don't worry. Lol. And I don't mind losing, tis always with the marfs beating me up. :p Cheers for the vote of confidence though! I'm playing pretty bad regardless, I just need to readjust to timing moves online. I'm doing a lot way too late or too early. And I keep falling for your ff Nair. >>
If you wanna play again in 20 mins or so I'd be down. I want to win with Tl, goddamnit!

Last edited:

Stick_man

Smash Rookie
Sure. Sorry about my absences there too, there are annoying people here. Plus the connection was getting a bit choppy there.
And away, thanks! I'm always gonna beat on sheik no matter how I play him, don't worry. Lol. And I don't mind losing, tis always with the marfs beating me up. :p Cheers for the vote of confidence though! I'm playing pretty bad regardless, I just need to readjust to timing moves online. I'm doing a lot way too late or too early. And I keep falling for your ff Nair. >>
If you wanna play again in 20 mins or so I'd be down. I want to win with Tl, goddamnit!
Hey I just got back. Are you still here?

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
I heard super mash flash is getting online mode in demo v0.9b or something
what do you guys think after may 20th everyone will connect over that it will be fun right
and easier to talk and play

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I heard super mash flash is getting online mode in demo v0.9b or something
what do you guys think after may 20th everyone will connect over that it will be fun right
and easier to talk and play
:O!!!! **** i always play that game and im very goog at it. Thats gonna be hella cool!

silverlining

Smash Rookie
I wasn't trying to quit I just picked the wrong character.
It's okay. It did some weird timeout thing at the victor screen. Haven't seen that happen in a while. >>
But I think I'm done for now, I'm being called on for Xbox. /: That was a really entertaining session, probably the longest set I've played online. You'd think I'd be used to your ways by now, but nope. Lol. You're very unforgiving, you went to punish every mistake I made and you learned my habits pretty well too. It was interesting, we'll have to go at it again soon for sure. Great games!
... still upset at tripping twice in front of snake's fsmash though. xD

Stick_man

Smash Rookie
It's okay. It did some weird timeout thing at the victor screen. Haven't seen that happen in a while. >>
But I think I'm done for now, I'm being called on for Xbox. /: That was a really entertaining session, probably the longest set I've played online. You'd think I'd be used to your ways by now, but nope. Lol. You're very unforgiving, you went to punish every mistake I made and you learned my habits pretty well too. It was interesting, we'll have to go at it again soon for sure. Great games!
... still upset at tripping twice in front of snake's fsmash though. xD
LMAO at those trips. It's not that you were tripping a lot its just that I was throwing them out so much. I had a hard time with your peach though. I find edge guarding hard in general and she's not an easy character to do it to. I had a lot of fun as well, and we will definitely play again before the end of wifi.

Last edited:
Top Bottom