• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'll play if you're still around.
That was fun until you stopped SD'ing. lol. I got constantly bopped. What must I do? How can I improve? I'm aware that I roll too much. I figured the only opening I could get were ones I could create with bananas. You would never get-up attack and I wanted to capitalize on it by attacking while you were getting up to get the very first frame you were open. Of course the opportunity almost never happened. I feel like my Zamus gave you the most trouble of my secondaries but I guess not. Before you started playing as Ike my gameplay was really slow. You take all of my speed because I feel like I can't attack. How do I escape those jabs from Ike? Is it possible at high percents? I really just wanted to chuck my armor pieces off the stage because I figured they'd help you more than me lol. Other than my rolling issue and my recovery what else would you say needs work. I play really campy against you. I feel like it bothers you. It would bother me. I feel bad doing it but its really the only way I can survive for more than 30 seconds. GG's though it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Chreest. It was nice getting to play Ike again against somebody. I feel like honing my patience by playing characters like Ivysaur has done me some good.

You still need to curb that dodging habit, particularly. As you could probably tell, that's where at least half of my punishes caught you up. Be more aggressive, and use your shield more often than you ground dodge (unless you're someone like Lucario, maybe, but I don't think he applies in your case). And keep control of your bananas as Diddy. Once I have even one of them, I have the opportunity at controlling wherever I want on the stage, which is especially dangerous if you're trying to recover from the ledge.

SDI up and towards Ike to escape jab. It's possible at every percent, but it gets easier as your damage increases, I believe. And no, campy play doesn't really bother me, because I can negate it with patience and baiting. I let you get comfortable from time to time so I can use a quick punish to put you in a bad position, then I do the real damage/take the stock. It's apart of the psychological aspect that I like to use when I play.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Good games Chreest. It was nice getting to play Ike again against somebody. I feel like honing my patience by playing characters like Ivysaur has done me some good.

You still need to curb that dodging habit, particularly. As you could probably tell, that's where at least half of my punishes caught you up. Be more aggressive, and use your shield more often than you ground dodge (unless you're someone like Lucario, maybe, but I don't think he applies in your case). And keep control of your bananas as Diddy. Once I have even one of them, I have the opportunity at controlling wherever I want on the stage, which is especially dangerous if you're trying to recover from the ledge.

SDI up and towards Ike to escape jab. It's possible at every percent, but it gets easier as your damage increases, I believe. And no, campy play doesn't really bother me, because I can negate it with patience and baiting. I let you get comfortable from time to time so I can use a quick punish to put you in a bad position, then I do the real damage/take the stock. It's apart of the psychological aspect that I like to use when I play.
Aaaaahhh the spot dodging.... thanks. Yea I'm trying to work on the same thing in Melee too. Ironically getting molly-wopped by you has helped my Melee game. Well... at least my shielding. In Melee I've recently tried dashing away instead of dodging but I'm not quite there yet. Its a new thing to me still so I've just got to get used to it. That stinkin' jab is crazy lol. Thats what got me a lot of the time. I'm still surprised those few wall jump techs I got. But as a whole those techs only delayed the inevitable for 3 seconds ha. Thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited:

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
>Accidentally have three people on a team
>Lone Falcon
>mfw

And I wunnnn. :3

Those were fun, but I was hoping team attack would get turned on at some point. That double Ike team was knarly. I wanted to team with Matsu but our interests in fashion did not agree.
I agree I wanted to join my sis a while ago but zatch beat me to it so when he left I jumped in and the double ike team was FUN :)
and sorry matsuokai about my sister and the taunt parties she was scared to fight you so she just did one punches and stuff I was longing to jump in and fight so when zatch left I CAME cause I couldnt BARE watching it especially when you guys were on shadow mosas island and you were Zelda and she was snake of course I was like "fight him fight him if you want a taunt party go on basic brawl! friends are for 1v1 or teams!! it was so fun and I liked how we put our names as the color we were gonna be
and as soon as it was 2 red and 2 blues or green we all started fighting like MAD cause it was just a matter of jumping off and killing ourselves before so we all wanted to fight oh and flux0r you were great in beating all of us just like matsuokai said.
that will be all.
BTW why do you guys like team attack? put that on and its a basic brawl I think its KINDA silly (ok very silly in my opinion) but that's my opinion so why do you like it guys?
you wont find team attack on when im hosting...

AAHHH I didn't even know you were online! thanks for the like!

Last edited:

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
GGs @ Rage NF Rage NF My play was underwhelming in the rounds with you. For me, it took almost 2 seconds to actually make the character make a move... :(

I'm sorry if i was to campy with my characters, when the lag is so bad, i become bored pretty fast and i underpeform...

On the bright side... Your Yoshi is impressive! DON'T use egg roll and try to pressure more...

Stick_man

Smash Rookie
Good games. It looked like you've put some practice in with Pit. I liked what you did with the up b, and I'll have to throw that into my own gameplay.
Ok I just turned on My Wii U and it decided to update for some reason. I'll be there shortly.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'll host.
GG's dude! Your Marth definitely got better since the last time we played. You were totally less predictable this time around. Your Pikachu was bopping my Diddy. I didn't feel like getting embarrassed anymore so I switched lol. Those were some good matches. You really caught on to my play style in the Falco v Marth matches. I tried to switch it up after I had to leave for a second. It got real lol. I switched from playing on the Gamepad to on the TV lol. I'm surprised you got so many chaingrabs with your climbers on laggy wifi I'm sure thats the only reason that it broke sometimes. Anyways. Good games.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
GGs @ Rage NF Rage NF My play was underwhelming in the rounds with you. For me, it took almost 2 seconds to actually make the character make a move... :(

I'm sorry if i was to campy with my characters, when the lag is so bad, i become bored pretty fast and i underpeform...

On the bright side... Your Yoshi is impressive! DON'T use egg roll and try to pressure more...
Thanks but I don't know I get a little desperate with Yoshi maybe because of the lag and I completely agree with you about egg roll but you right watching my Yoshi I think it was impressive and amazing by the way I think you double post.

OK I ready for more wanna fight courage?

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Umm.... :c to be fair I think I should brawl Rage first since his msg popped up first. Unless you guys wanna rotate, but idk about the connection...

Last edited:

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
You don't to have to do that I got a match somewhere else lol.

Plus Zatch and my connection isn't really good.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Umm.... :c to be fair I think I should brawl Rage first since his msg popped up first. Unless you guys wanna rotate, but idk about the connection...
In actual fairness, his edit to play you came after my message. But I don't mind. Not sure if me and Rage can connect still, we couldn't play last time. But I'll let him join first and see where our connectivity goes from there.

Edit: Oh. Okie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom