• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Seriously? No one knows what "lyk" stands for?

I'm not looking for a match, I want to know this stands for.
@ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 glad it caught attention as i intended. xD You need to brush up on your 'lite speak! It can stand for like. ^^
Sorry, perhaps you have ping turned off. ><
It stand for "like"

The sentence was:

"Would anyone like to dubz?" :)
u're a troo proffessional wid 1337, 5 star translation! We should go into a printing business together, I'll define, you translate. Profit!

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
This thread is moving so fast today. Lol
How about @Ometa @ roymustang1990- roymustang1990- we brawl dubs right now unless ye alredy have matches?

@ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 glad it caught attention as i intended. xD You need to brush up on your 'lite speak! It can stand for like. ^^
So it means like okay. Thanks. Bye.

@ Path, thanks for the help as well. :)

You're always nice and never salty like some. Thanks buddy! Happy Hearts Day~

Last edited:

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Hey street thanks for the matches lol guess im better than i thought i was that was pretty goood for the first few matches that ive played online you were good to and the lag wasnt to bad.

silverlining

Smash Rookie
iM p40 @ 1337 13t5 d0 3t
omgz u r rly thaluntd liek lets *t 2mrw we r b $$$$$$!!!!...

So, erm, Roy? I think Ome died. You still there? Edit: Alright, assuming you're still okay for doubles if wev happen to find someone before you're done we can wait for you.^^
1 more for doubles....? ><

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You guys are idiots, and Gyk is clearly being sarcastic.

Lyk is Gyk's date tonight for Valentine's day. My god I've never been such anger.

Last edited:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Um... Where did you go? Well, that's okay if you had to leave. I think I'm done Brawling for now. xP
So, as you probably noticed, I wasn't quite "on top of my game" in those matches. I have this odd weakness: When I'm facing off against newer players, I tend to play horribly because of the fact that I cannot predict their next movements. They're impossible to read. And so, therefore, I wasn't doing so well against you; but I suppose that's my fault. My point is, however, that although you were able to best me in many circumstances, you did so by using options that were not so great, that would have otherwise been capitalized on by better players than myself. So, here's my advice to you:

You have a very strong rolling habit. You roll to get around the stage, to get behind your opponent, and to run away. If you should know one thing, it's that this is a common habit (even I had it, and still do to some extent), and that it's a very bad one. Rolling is very laggy, predictable, and punishable. If you roll too much, a better opponent will easily be able to predict you and punish you hard. Just try to work on running around the stage rather than rolling so much. ;3
You used tons of characters, so I won't be able to give you thorough advice on each one. However, I will recommend something else: practice against a CPU or other players and try to get the hang of making sure you're facing your opponent when you attack. There were plenty of times when you were facing the opposite direction of me and attacking, and you continued to attack, leaving you open for heavy punishment.
Also, just browse through the forums a bit and try to read up on the characters you want to practice. We have some really helpful advice here, as well as a great and friendly community, so you should be able to gain plenty of knowledge about Smash Bros. ^^
Then, there was a spamming problem. You seemed to spam moves quite a lot, to the point where it was obvious what you were going to do next. Make sure to try and mix up the attacks you use; every character has an amazing variety of options~
Speaking of which, your ledge game also might need some work. You basically ledge jumped about 90% of the time, and as you probably noticed, I was punishing you a lot for that. Remember that you can also ledge attack, normal get-up, and do a variety of things with ledge hops (dropping down from the ledge and double jumping back on stage). All of these options are useful!

Well, that's about the only general advice I can offer. If you want to know about a specific character, just visit that character's forums~
Good games. Let's Brawl again soon! :3

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
You guys are idiots, and Gyk is clearly being sarcastic.

Lyk is Gyk's date tonight for Valentine's day. My god I've never been such anger.

Well played!
Ooh no. You alright? ):
... would coming in and sweeping us all in dubs help cheer you up? Unless you'd rather not, it's fine, but I do like playing brawl and beating up mindless cpus when I'm upset. ^^ we would probably be a bit more challenging but... yeah. Hope things get better mate.

Street, sorry! x.x getting online. This phone is slow with typing and I make typos all the time that i feel the need tocorrect

Street - kay, sorry, on it. Phone is quite laggy with typing stuff out. xD;

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I edited. I can wait, I have no idea if Moi is still here not though.>< but you have fun. :D

Street - timingggg. Bleh. We can do rotations for now until we find another, i'll go add you.
And brawl btw!
1 more forbrawl dubs?
Kool,thanks for waiting.now we can dubs if your still in the mood.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
lets gooooo!!!
Good games keester. I like the snake versus marth match up a lot,it's challenging for us marth mainers but I don't care,it's fun.i wish I fought more of your snake though than game and watch but then again it's not often I get to fight game and watch so that's refreshing.

Last edited:

bigguwap6

Smash Rookie
[\Quote=]"Amical, post: 16355645, member: 218834"]Um... Where did you go? Well, that's okay if you had to leave. I think I'm done Brawling for now. xP
So, as you probably noticed, I wasn't quite "on top of my game" in those matches. I have this odd weakness: When I'm facing off against newer players, I tend to play horribly because of the fact that I cannot predict their next movements. They're impossible to read. And so, therefore, I wasn't doing so well against you; but I suppose that's my fault. My point is, however, that although you were able to best me in many circumstances, you did so by using options that were not so great, that would have otherwise been capitalized on by better players than myself. So, here's my advice to you:

You have a very strong rolling habit. You roll to get around the stage, to get behind your opponent, and to run away. If you should know one thing, it's that this is a common habit (even I had it, and still do to some extent), and that it's a very bad one. Rolling is very laggy, predictable, and punishable. If you roll too much, a better opponent will easily be able to predict you and punish you hard. Just try to work on running around the stage rather than rolling so much. ;3
You used tons of characters, so I won't be able to give you thorough advice on each one. However, I will recommend something else: practice against a CPU or other players and try to get the hang of making sure you're facing your opponent when you attack. There were plenty of times when you were facing the opposite direction of me and attacking, and you continued to attack, leaving you open for heavy punishment.
Also, just browse through the forums a bit and try to read up on the characters you want to practice. We have some really helpful advice here, as well as a great and friendly community, so you should be able to gain plenty of knowledge about Smash Bros. ^^
Then, there was a spamming problem. You seemed to spam moves quite a lot, to the point where it was obvious what you were going to do next. Make sure to try and mix up the attacks you use; every character has an amazing variety of options~
Speaking of which, your ledge game also might need some work. You basically ledge jumped about 90% of the time, and as you probably noticed, I was punishing you a lot for that. Remember that you can also ledge attack, normal get-up, and do a variety of things with ledge hops (dropping down from the ledge and double jumping back on stage). All of these options are useful!

Well, that's about the only general advice I can offer. If you want to know about a specific character, just visit that character's forums~
Good games. Let's Brawl again soon! :3[/quote]
You're right. I know what you mean. But that's just how I play. I'll take your advice tho. See ya round

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What the **** I'm still not even home yet you asswipes.

Silvy, I've been waiting for dinner to be done for three hours.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Couragehound vs. Guwap

Courage prepare to have your delicious treasure conquered

But don't let your guard down for a second Guwap, Courage will make eggs terrify you every morning for breakfast and **** you out so much you'll know how it feels to be laxative.

Last edited:
Top Bottom