• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

PZ

Smash Lord
Now I remember why side bing is bad recovery for squirtle lol. Haven't done that in awhile. Footstool during it is the death of squirtle.

PZ

Smash Lord
Good games! It takes forever for PT to get old, it seems.
Good games Xad! I hope our connection is better next time and nice charizard. When I used Pit you completely destroyed me lol. Welp I am getting better dash grabbing and slightly pivot grabbing. I still can't SHTL with fox that made me so angry that I kept using him.

If someone could figure out which is easier to dash<jump<uair or just dash<jump with nunchuck in general it would be very much appreciated.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Good games Xad! I hope our connection is better next time and nice charizard. When I used Pit you completely destroyed me lol. Welp I am getting better dash grabbing and slightly pivot grabbing. I still can't SHTL with fox that made me so angry that I kept using him.

If someone could figure out which is easier to dash<jump<uair or just dash<jump with nunchuck in general it would be very much appreciated.
I'm just curious, what's your controller scheme? I play remote + nunchuck as well. ;P They're basically the same though, right? The U-air is just an extra input on top of the dash - jump, like second nature...

Edit: I assume you mean something like a dash to short-hopped instant aerial, right?

PZ

Smash Lord
I'm just curious, what's your controller scheme? I play remote + nunchuck as well. ;P They're basically the same though, right? The U-air is just an extra input on top of the dash - jump, like second nature...
Everytime I dash, on reflex I always hit jump before the control stick detects the input for dash. My controller scheme is virtually the same as the default but with the D-Pad being a smash stick.(All of the directions are set to smashes)
EDIT: Thats right. Dthrow>Dash>SH Uair is a very important string for brawl falcon vs a good amount of the cast(pretty much all lightweights and a majority of medium weights).

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
I'll play Path :p (I just hope there isnt as much lag as last time ._.)
GGs Dan.^^

I think you can be overly aggressive, to where many of your approaches are extremely risky. Did you see how I was pretty much able to stand in one place shield grab a lot of them in a row? One time I gave the following advice to a friend, and it seemed to help them. Instead of focusing on your own character (if this is what you're doing), focus on your opponent's. Instead of rushing in, try to attack based on what you're opponent is doing.

Last edited:

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Everytime I dash, on reflex I always hit jump before the control stick detects the input for dash. My controller scheme is virtually the same as the default but with the D-Pad being a smash stick.(All of the directions are set to smashes)
D-d-does that mean you use tap jump? O_o

I'm not going to tell you to change your original ways since that often is a waste of time, but I'm going to say I found it infinitely easier to play after I turned tap jump off and used the "c button" on the nunchuck to jump. That way there's no way your dash could be interrupted by a jump unless you want it to be. Plus, how do you short-hop U-air with tap jump!? :o

If that's not what you're going for, I'm misunderstanding something, lol.

Edit: Also, does that mean you lose your insta-pivot grabs (unless you use instant-boost pivot grabbing for that function...) for F-smash? I personally left the side-press buttons on the remote for grabbing, since Icies use more grabbing than F-smash, and... well, I'm just derping out random stuff now, oops.

D

Deleted member

GGs Dan.^^

I think you can be overly aggressive, to where many of your approaches are extremely risky. Did you see how I was pretty much able to stand in one place shield grab a lot of them in a row? One time a gave the following advice to a friend, and it seemed to help them. Instead of focusing on your own character (if this is what you're doing), focus on your opponent's. Instead of rushing in, try to attack based on what you're opponent is doing.
Everyone thinks im too aggressive ._. Thank you for the advice ^_^ and Great games Path, I didnt know you played as Pit :p

PZ

Smash Lord
D-d-does that mean you use tap jump? O_o

I'm not going to tell you to change your original ways since that often is a waste of time, but I'm going to say I found it infinitely easier to play after I turned tap jump off and used the "c button" on the nunchuck to jump. That way there's no way your dash could be interrupted by a jump unless you want it to be. Plus, how do you short-hop U-air with tap jump!? :o

If that's not what you're going for, I'm misunderstanding something, lol.
No tap jump on are off does not change anything. I am hitting the c button as I input the dash. Although I could take off tap jump for DI purposes, my old wiimote days won't let me(08-09). You don't got a choice for but to tap jump I believe when using wiimote by itself. I am just gonna say I am too used to doing stuff with tap jump.

EDIT: Well I don't really lose that option but I like the side smash for spacing purposes since my mid tier main is kirby and spacing bair is so very important(although i dont use it much...). I can still pivot grab with the default option of grab being A+B but its just horrible if I mess up lol.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
No tap jump on are off does not change anything. I am hitting the c button as I input the dash. Although I could take off tap jump for DI purposes, my old wiimote days won't let me(08-09). You don't got a choice for but to tap jump I believe when using wiimote by itself. I am just gonna say I am too used to doing stuff with tap jump.
... Oh, lmao. I was misunderstanding. ;P In that case, if I were to tell you anything, it'd be to practice flicking the control stick in the direction you want first, then jump to see if you get the timing right. It's kind of like playing the piano in the sense that you have to first get the feel for both "inputs" before you can do it fluently...

Yeah, try getting the dash first, then inputting the jump right after. After a while, it's just muscle memory and you'll be a very happy camper. Sorry if I didn't help. xD

PZ

Smash Lord
... Oh, lmao. I was misunderstanding. ;P In that case, if I were to tell you anything, it'd be to practice flicking the control stick in the direction you want first, then jump to see if you get the timing right. It's kind of like playing the piano in the sense that you have to first get the feel for both "inputs" before you can do it fluently...

Yeah, try getting the dash first, then inputting the jump right after. After a while, it's just muscle memory and you'll be a very happy camper. Sorry if I didn't help. xD
O no any help appreciated. I figured it was muscle memory but that was only when I try to buffer through the 10 frame brawl window. Aside from that I never really had too much trouble doing it out of the blue. Like I noticed when I transitioned from Gamecube to nunchuck RAR was hard to do because every time I went for it I would jump before turning around. I still mess it up nowadays but at least I am a bit more consistent when compared to how I started off.

EDIT: Long story short every button on nunchuck is incredibly sensitive although that just makes for a better shielding button. <3 the perfect shields on wifi. It is so much easier in comparison to the push-all-the-way down triggers of GC.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
O no any help appreciated. I figured it was muscle memory but that was only when I try to buffer through the 10 frame brawl window. Aside from that I never really had too much trouble doing it out of the blue. Like I noticed when I transitioned from Gamecube to nunchuck RAR was hard to do because every time I went for it I would jump before turning around. I still mess it up nowadays but at least I am a bit more consistent when compared to how I started off.

EDIT: Long story short every button on nunchuck is incredibly sensitive although that just makes for a better shielding button. <3 the perfect shields on wifi. It is so much easier in comparison to the push-all-the-way down triggers of GC.
I don't know how helpful it'd be to tell you, but if you go into training mode and pick MK and play vs. Fox, if you practice buffering the dash > U-air, you'll only hit him if you buffer it right. It sure helps learn the buffering part, but only if you have a feel for MK.

Perfect shields on wifi... u w0t m8! What is this madness!? I admit though, the shield button on the nunchuck is amazing, so smooth, lol.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's Das. Fun matches. I was so close to getting my first win off of you with that Marth vs Kirby match. Also I was about to leave midmatch when I taunted with my Falcon because of the annoying heartbeat lag, but the troll wifi went back to normal RIGHT WHEN I TAUNTED! lol

Do you have siblings or someone to help you play? You said you never went to a tournament and I just don't believe that you got this good playing on Wifi only. It's just crazy.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
GG's Das. Fun matches. I was so close to getting my first win off of you with that Marth vs Kirby match. Also I was about to leave midmatch when I taunted with my Falcon because of the annoying heartbeat lag, but the troll wifi went back to normal RIGHT WHEN I TAUNTED! lol
GGs as well Metalbro I haven't seen you use Marth or DK since I've first played you.

As for the lag my matches have been laggy all day man sorry. Its was like magic with that taunt thank the heavens and you mostly lol. I wonder if it would work with any character, but then again Falcon has his own brand of anything heh heh.

Nice characters I didn't expect some of them like Wario.

Edit: Marth did almost get my Kirby I was having some trouble getting in to attack you.

Yeah I got 2 brothers and a sister. They don't play this though.

I actually just learned from wifi, watching videos, and trying things in practice mode. On rare occasions I do play people offline, but that's because not many people play this around here.

Wifi mostly lol.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Cool. You are an inspiration to every smasher who doesn't have people to play with lol.

Until next time. :D

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Cool. You are an inspiration to every smasher who doesn't have people to play with lol.

Until next time. :D
I'm nothing special lol, but thanks for the compliment though. I'll see you later as well.

@ PZ PZ Falcon is quite otherworldly he's too much can't cool him down.

I think I'm out for now I'll see you all later.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll play, mate. Looks like today was a relatively busy day for this thread.

Well damn. Anyone else want to play, then?

Last edited:

PZ

Smash Lord
I don't know how helpful it'd be to tell you, but if you go into training mode and pick MK and play vs. Fox, if you practice buffering the dash > U-air, you'll only hit him if you buffer it right. It sure helps learn the buffering part, but only if you have a feel for MK.

Perfect shields on wifi... u w0t m8! What is this madness!? I admit though, the shield button on the nunchuck is amazing, so smooth, lol.
Thanks! I am not accustomed to metaknight though. I can't seem to not dash>jump cancelled usmash but now that I think about thats normal since im using the d-pad for the uair. I tried to do it without the smash D pad and ended up double jumping a lot. I will settle for buffered dash>jump for now. I managed to buffer dash>short hop>uair once using only the control stick. Man I was hyped when it happened...probably happen won't again since right before I did it I thought to myself "There is no way I could possibly buffer all that with this controller".

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
So, what do I need to do to get project m? I don't need a full explanation, just to be steered in the right direction :)

Edit: Anyone?

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Scracket. When it comes to using PK Fire, use it more prudently. For help, treat the faster enemies as if they have a PSI shield. By "fast", I mean mediocre air speed/average aerial range and average/little above average ground speed. PK Fire is not difficult to work against. Throwing a few out to weave in and out of CQC is good, but trying to use them to actually camp is a really bad idea. I powershielded and punished you for them as often as the connection would allow in attempt to deliver that message, but it seemed like you never got it. You still have a sidestepping habit, but you seemed to have corrected your rolling habit somewhat. You could space more with f-air/f-tilt and throw out n-air more cautiously and pay more attention to your enemy's remaining shield. If it's low, you can throw out lots of n-air against their shield, as it practically eats through it when their shield has taken significant damage. If you see your entire n-air get shielded, don't jab their shield. They're not likely to drop it when they suspect you're still on the offense. Short hop another n-air inside of their shield and try to stay behind them. If they don't take any hits from that, retreat a PK Fire and keep up the pressure. Also, stop using d-air as an aerial counterattack. It has very poor use as such and is more likely to get you punished than do you and real good.

Good attempts on the PK Thunder edgeguarding against Falcon, but do be ready to cancel it by hitting it against something. I managed to tech and get an easy grab for that, which is free damage/a free kill for Falcon. I'd say just don't do it, honestly. You're better off keeping a Falcon restricted to the ledge by basic edgeguarding tactics.

I can still play, I just have chore to do. But if you don't want to, that's okay.

@ gaborap gaborap : http://projectmgame.com/en/download

S'all you need, to my attention.

Last edited:

Scraket

Smash Ace
Good games Scracket. When it comes to using PK Fire, use it more prudently. For help, treat the faster enemies as if they have a PSI shield. By "fast", I mean mediocre air speed/average aerial range and /average/little above average ground speed. PK Fire is not difficult to work against. Throwing a few out to weave in and out of CQC is good, but trying to use them to actually camp is a really bad idea. I powershielded and punished you for them as often as the connection would allow in attempt to deliver that message, but it seemed like you never got it. You still have a sidestepping habit, but you seemed to have corrected your rolling habit somewhat. You could space more with f-air/f-tilt and throw out n-air more cautiously and pay more attention to your enemy's remaining shield. If it's low, you can throw out lots of n-air against their shield, as it practically eats through it when their shield has taken significant damage. If you see your entire n-air get shielded, don't jab their shield. They're not likely to drop it when they suspect you're still on the offense. Short hop another n-air inside of their shield and try to stay behind them. If they don't take any hits from that, retreat a PK Fire and keep up the pressure. Also, stop using d-air as an aerial counterattack. It has very poor use as such and is more likely to get you punished than do you and real good.

Good attempts on the PK Thunder edgeguarding against Falcon, but do be ready to cancel it by hitting it against something. I managed to tech and get an easy grab for that, which is free damage/a free kill for Falcon. I'd say just don't do it, honestly. You're better off keeping a Falcon restricted to the ledge by basic edgeguarding tactics.

I can still play, I just have chore to do. But if you don't want to, that's okay.

@ gaborap gaborap : http://projectmgame.com/en/download

S'all you need, to my attention.
Thanks for the advice!! I'll really try to work on what you said so thanks! And yea im up for playing some more games

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm open to play if your still in the mood or anyone else out there.
Thanks for the advice!! I'll really try to work on what you said so thanks! And yea im up for playing some more games
Well we can do rotations if you guys are both up for that. But if not, I'll be playing Scraket again since I offered to continue playing.

Top Bottom