• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
GGs I Dair You. c:
You're far above my level, but it was valuable practice nonetheless.
I hadn't played PM in a while, so the speed was really jarring at first. Not that it would have made a difference. xD

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Yes but semi-cheating haha. Iaijutsu, which may be the fighting style Lyn used in the game Fire Emblem Rekka No Ken
For last night, Smashboards was giving me issues and I was sleep deprived so I instantly ZzZzZzZz’d after our matches c: Wrote this first though:

Thanks for the games Time^^ Apologies for not putting up much of a fight, I guess I was more tired than I thought... who needs sleep when you can PM, huh? Eventually coffee started kicking in for a bit, but you gave my Marth quite the whopping D’: Haha, my eyes wouldn't stay open anymore, but I was having so much fun I couldn’t stop... It’s a good thing you ended it, I don’t like being the person to leave. Hmmm I think I'll pick up Pit, got him after trying random and ended up really liking him instantly tonight, so I stuck with him for awhile.

PZ

Smash Lord
Nair OoS or Dair OoS or Up Air OoS. Any aerial really. You can space Nairs and run around. Try not to get cornered, just "Dash Dance".
Nair OoS is so weird though and Dair OoS is too situational but new stuff will be welcomed anyway. Uair OoS I am definitely all for it. Nair is shield grab by most of the cast spaced or not. The Dash dancing is something I have been working on for the longest of time.
O yea sorry for late response I have college class in the morning mon-fri so I may or may not see it depending if I look at this thread later on.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Nair OoS is so weird though and Dair OoS is too situational but new stuff will be welcomed anyway. Uair OoS I am definitely all for it. Nair is shield grab by most of the cast spaced or not. The Dash dancing is something I have been working on for the longest of time.
O yea sorry for late response I have college class in the morning mon-fri so I may or may not see it depending if I look at this thread later on.
For dash dancing in brawl you need to use shield to cancel your run animation or jump out of the run. If not you have the skidding animation and then you can't link dashes in opposite directions like you can in melée. For the nair OoS make sure you DI away while air is in progress.

PZ

Smash Lord
For dash dancing in brawl you need to use shield to cancel your run animation or jump out of the run. If not you have the skidding animation and then you can't link dashes in opposite directions like you can in melée. For the nair OoS make sure you DI away while air is in progress.
hmm I never tried Di away for nair OoS. Also If I recall correctly you can't immediately shield after a dash like you can for walking can you? I do hate the skidding animation so very much<.<

Player -0

Smash Hero
hmm I never tried Di away for nair OoS. Also If I recall correctly you can't immediately shield after a dash like you can for walking can you? I do hate the skidding animation so very much<.<
If you hold forward and then shield you can but you have to wait until the dash animation transfers to the run animation. I think you can cancel skid animations with shield. There's a video on VGBC's YouTube that talks about that, it uses DDD's CG as an example I think.
For the nair OoS if you know your opponent is going to shield your attack then you're just trying to reset the situation so you don't get punished. That's why you use your Nair, it's your longest move and it stays out. It's kind of like what Marths do, Fair OoS and DI away. Make sure you SH.

PZ

Smash Lord
If you hold forward and then shield you can but you have to wait until the dash animation transfers to the run animation. I think you can cancel skid animations with shield. There's a video on VGBC's YouTube that talks about that, it uses DDD's CG as an example I think.
For the nair OoS if you know your opponent is going to shield your attack then you're just trying to reset the situation so you don't get punished. That's why you use your Nair, it's your longest move and it stays out. It's kind of like what Marths do, Fair OoS and DI away. Make sure you SH.
Good stuff. Ok I will try this out but the vid your talking about is part of the metagame minute series? also performing wii system transfer at the moment I forgot about the old wii from 07-09/10. I am curious of the old replay data that is stored cuz my friend ALWAYS bugs me about me getting rid of all data and stuff that contained awesome stuff.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Good stuff. Ok I will try this out but the vid your talking about is part of the metagame minute series? also performing wii system transfer at the moment I forgot about the old wii from 07-09/10. I am curious of the old replay data that is stored cuz my friend ALWAYS bugs me about me getting rid of all data and stuff that contained awesome stuff.
It might be, not sure.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I can't go a single match without people mocking me, I'm honestly sick of it.
Sorry if it seemed that way to you. I thought it was "funny"that you played a red Kirby too and so often I use the other person's tag with a question mark or a popular player's tag. Even if I'm getting bodied.

GG's though, the TLink dittos were pretty funny, we tennis balled the bombs a couple times. I feel like if I had any advice it would be to work on your defense a bit, your strings were awesome. I saw you went for a jab lock with Kirby xP. I feel like you didn't do a good job of keeping me out with Ness or Kirby. Be careful when you're PK Firing, I SHed over most of yours and sax able to grab. Or I grabbed in my head and failed in real life... You random F-Smashed consecutively sometimes..... And then I died from it.... T.T;

I feel like you played solid but didn't space with Bair as Kirby and with Fair as Ness. That puts a lot of pressure on people and you'll be able to punish their blundering. The Ness/Pika MU can be difficult for Pika if you keep that Fair out, it may eat TJoltz I'm not sure.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I'm sure he's just poking fun. I see where you are coming from though.

Brawl anyone?
I'd like to play then if you don't mind.

Sorry if it seemed that way to you. I thought it was "funny"that you played a red Kirby too and so often I use the other person's tag with a question mark or a popular player's tag. Even if I'm getting bodied.
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding then. GGs. I take this game too much to heart. :/

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's HYP3R! Way to finish off the last game. Rofl

Our connection was pretty decent this time. Fun stuff.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
GG's HYP3R! Way to finish off the last game. Rofl

Our connection was pretty decent this time. Fun stuff.
Yeah ggs, I hope my kirby improved at least a little bit since last time.
And dont mind the Ness SD's, i'm still learning. ._.

Top Bottom