• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
You Kirby mains can dream of the day your little puffball can rule the world. Pfft

The rise of the apes will happen. They even made movies of it. Muhahahaha lol
:dk::dk2::dk64::dkmelee::coolmonke::diddy::75M::dk:

AbidingTruth

Smash Rookie
I brought my comrades to take over the arena.
Good games Truth, your kirby plays similar to mine, just try not to be so predictable sometimes. You were rolling a lot. :(
Yeah, good games Hyper. Your Kirby is really good. I'll keep that in mind, but I don't think I typically roll that much. It might be because of the lag that I buffered more rolls than I meant, you know? Sorry I had to go by the way, watching Return of the King with my friends. If you're still here in like, 4 hours we can play some more haha.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Yeah, good games Hyper. Your Kirby is really good. I'll keep that in mind, but I don't think I typically roll that much. It might be because of the lag that I buffered more rolls than I meant, you know? Sorry I had to go by the way, watching Return of the King with my friends. If you're still here in like, 4 hours we can play some more haha.
Oh, if its lag that's completely understandable. Lag messed me up that first few games on smashville which is why I started rage f-smashing lol.

Yuta

Smash Rookie
How many kirbies will there be??? I decided to have a match against a lvl 9 kirby in brawl ( and I beat him ) , but all the kirbys that I have brawled online were so much better than me!

btw metalbro, wanna 1v1 me? You seem to be quite the good brawler...

HYP3R

Smash Lord
How many kirbies will there be??? I decided to have a match against a lvl 9 kirby in brawl ( and I beat him ) , but all the kirbys that I have brawled online were so much better than me!
Want to play some matches then? xD
Or anyone else for brawl idc.

D

Deleted member

You Kirby mains can dream of the day your little puffball can rule the world. Pfft

The rise of the apes will happen. They even made movies of it. Muhahahaha lol
:dk::dk2::dk64::dkmelee::coolmonke::diddy::75M::dk:
You know....Kirby may be watching...he does not like to be made fun of....he eats all who offend him...when he devours you....dont blame us *Kirby pops up* xD

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819

btw metalbro, wanna 1v1 me? You seem to be quite the good brawler...
Aw thanks. I'd love to play you but I'm in nightschool right now. Its sooo boring, that's why I'm here. Lol

D

Deleted member

Pfft, everyone's just into it 'cos of me now. I was the original. :p Ha ha~
All Kirby mains should form an army and hunt down those who oppose the Great Kirby xD "Come all Kirbies!, we shall not fail, we will obliterate all who have offened the Great Kirby! We will strike at the stroke of midnight! FOR KIRBY!!!" xD

HYP3R

Smash Lord
All Kirby mains should form an army and hunt down those who oppose the Great Kirby xD "Come all Kirbies!, we shall not fail, we will obliterate all who have offened the Great Kirby! We will strike at the stroke of midnight! FOR KIRBY!!!" xD
Our first target is MK.

D

Deleted member

Our first target is MK.
We shall enter his hideout, we will use the element of surprise and when his back is turned...WE ATTACK! WE WILL TEAR HIS FAT, ROUND BODY APART AND SET IT ON FIRE! WE SHALL ALL BE FILLED WITH AMUSEMENT AS HIS ROTTING FLESH BURNS!!! xD

HYP3R

Smash Lord
We shall enter his hideout, we will use the element of surprise and when his back is turned...WE ATTACK! WE WILL TEAR HIS FAT, ROUND BODY APART AND SET IT ON FIRE! WE SHALL ALL BE FILLED WITH AMUSEMENT AS HIS ROTTING FLESH BURNS!!! xD
Too violent, a hammer to the face is equally as satisfying.
Also where did Yuta go? D:

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Lemme go polish my pocket DK and Diddy to join dat Ape Squad. ;) Assuming I get my controllers back at some point, I haven't played in like, a week and I can already feel my skill slipping away. >.>

D

Deleted member

Too violent, a hammer to the face is equally as satisfying.
Also where did Yuta go? D:
No no no no! A hammer does not fill me up with happiness! Watching him die painfully will greatly amuse me! We shall obey the Great Kirby and carry out his wish of the death of MK and make him joyful! XD

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
^ Damn, you get all fired up over difficult math questions? Slightly envious, wish I could do math and immediately feel like whooping someone afterward, lmao.

D

Deleted member

^ Damn, you get all fired up over difficult math questions? Slightly envious, wish I could do math and immediately feel like whooping someone afterward, lmao.
Lol, im in a high level math and it makes me wanna punch a hole in a wall xD nothin like playin a little Smash to help solve our problems xD

HYP3R

Smash Lord
GGs Dan, if you were wondering what I was doing was weird I was trying to practice jab lock but I could never footstool you.

D

Deleted member

Since Yuta seems busy would anyone else like to brawl?
Good games! :D These matches were full of excitement xD Flying puffballs, high damage levels and hammers made the matches fun xD

D

Deleted member

GGs Dan, if you were wondering what I was doing was weird I was trying to practice jab lock but I could never footstool you.
Um, if you don't mind me asking this, can you tell me how I did this time? :p

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Um, if you don't mind me asking this, can you tell me how I did this time? :p
You need to watch what I do more, instead of rushing in to attack me wait for me to attack first and if you see an opening then attack. I was doing that to you the whole time (minus the part where I got you up to 190% trying to jab lock)

Yo, what's the deal with all the Kirby mains lately?
There's only 4 of us right now, I've seen a lot of peach mains too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You need to watch what I do more, instead of rushing in to attack me wait for me to attack first and if you see an opening then attack. I was doing that to you the whole time (minus the part where I got you up to 190% trying to jab lock)

There's 4.
Thanks for the advice :) it should help a lot :D

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice :) it should help a lot :D
Of course saying it is easier than actually doing it. You'll get used to playing more patient though. I'm not telling you to change your whole playstyle, but just keep an eye on me and try not to blindly rush in.

D

Deleted member

Of course saying it is easier than actually doing it. You'll get used to playing more patient though. I'm not telling you to change your whole playstyle, but just keep an eye on me and try not to blindly rush in.
I know :p, im gonna keep my playstyle the same (I can tell I have improved :p) but im going to implement your advice to improve my playstyle even more :D

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
I know :p, im gonna keep my playstyle the same (I can tell I have improved :p) but im going to implement your advice to improve my playstyle even more :D
Figured I'd pitch in to give you some more advice you might not be aware of, you still being new to competitive play. At high levels of play, the game becomes less about using what the best option is for your character, but rather what the best option would be against your opponent. For instance, let's say your opponent usually likes to roll away from you at low percents because they don't want to be caught by your fthrow strings. If you notice that, rather than trying to grab him while he is shielding (which is usually the best option for you against a shielding opponent, especially at low percents), you can just run to where you know he is going to roll, then grab him and proceed to deal a lot of damage to him.

Basically, the game becomes more about noticing your opponent's habits and punishing them with whatever options your character has (if your character has any). Therefore, the best way to play would be to mix it up. You could keep using your character's best move over and over because it's been working out for you, but then a good opponent could just start punishing you for being so predictable. Once that happens, you're at a really bad disadvantage because your character's best move is now very risky to use.

Hopefully, this isn't too confusing. I have a hard time not being confusing at times.

Top Bottom