• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Ace:GG's SABRE!!
GOOD GAMES MABOOOOI

Hound was right about your Marth lol. Yesterday, I 2-stocked your Marth with Ike but today you got him back in a bigger way xD. :p Nice use of your B-special surprises and that u-air into up-smash lol. Big way to kill the ego xD. The Link vs Marth games were the funniest imo. I like playing Link against bad match-ups :3.. Though I was surprised you didn't abuse Link's bad recovery and follow him offstage with f-airs :p.
Oh was he? Well, I'm content to hear corresponding feedback on my :marth:, whereas that makes it somewhat representative ^^

Yeah the u-air into u-smash is beastly lols. I was attempting to 'execute the executioner combo' (f-air tipper struck when you were airborne -> non-tippered u-air -> u-smash tipper), but the u-air canceled u-smash was just as satisfactory really... XD
And the Dolpin Slashes; god they are scary, aren't they?! Sometimes I even frighten myself using them. The noise just ruptures my bloody television screen o.o. But the move is way too good anyway; with its frame 1 speed it can actually disrupt the perpetual fire breathing of :bowser2: / :charizard:, even when struck in the centre of the breath.
Then again, I suppose that the incurred posterior lag of the move compensates for the supreme celerity ;/

And yeah, dat :link2: sigh.. I thought I had him figured out during the first matches (even got some fancy Counter gimps against dat feeble recovery ;p), but I got heavily outcamped throughout the subsequent games .___.
The powershielding was live (indeed supported by a magnificent connection), but it was not sufficient lol. But you had some fancy grab combos going anyway (dem pivot grabs), credits for those! Although, if you would allow me to remain slightly critical and sceptical; I was quite disappointed to see those spotdodge -> d-smash -> spotdodge -> xxx -> spotdodge habits recur once again ;'(
I'm not sure if it is somehow correlated to :link2:'s general deficiency in 'GTFO'-options (and his slow all-around movement), but you only tend to repeatedly spotdodge when you're playing with him :O

I was happy to finally brawl that near-divine-level- Diddy Kong of yours :3. I think Mario did okay against him, I can't remember who won.
Dat :mario2: sigh.. XD

You had actually won the first one @ Smashville (although I SDed once during that game no john). I won the successive match by a fair margin however. But still, your :mario2: makes me work for my money XD. And thanks again for the laudatory comments on my :diddy:!

Same ol' good stuff with your Meta Knight. Shaming, blaming, and serving defeats :p.
Ban MK plx

My Fox is really baack thoughh. I noticed it in Fox vs Falco; I'm just glad I didn't let the throw chains get to me this time. I actually pulled off a win, tieing Falco and Fox at 1-1. :3 ..
Lol, you totally u-smashed that accursed piece of poultry into the cosmic compound XD
Seriously, I mean the u-smash fishing is absolutely petrifying.. At one point I thought that jabbing would pre-emptively cancel your u-smash, but it's just too quick.. Moreover, my CGing into the d-air spike wasn't really flawless T.T

I look forward to the next intergalactic encounter, because it indeed seems like your :fox: has made a very fashionable return! >: )

And last but not least, your ZSS. ;c .. I'm soooooo upset with myself D: , I fell for so many obviously lures and gave you easy reads.. The whole time I was saying, "I should know better... yup.... I should know better". Oh yeah, and nice weird thingy with ZSS off stage where you did that b-side-air thingy then wall-kicked back onto the
stage..(I don't know what moves she has.. I don't play her D: ) I just slouched down and was like.. "Well... crap...". Things like that just bring me down; I guess it's jealousy haha.
Why thank you! :zerosuitsamus: likes to read a lot; magazines, novels, newspapers etc. But she preferentially reads a dodgy :mario2: which roams through the air >: )

Frankly, :zerosuitsamus: is the ultimate punishing character, and she is designed to assume such a vile playstyle as well.

Oh and that fancy FD up-b -> wall-tech -> jump flip tech is a Salem thingy I've adopted lols. I was like; might as well try something to paralyze you mentally or perhaps surprise you with the jump flip's kick (even though that move is so incredibly unsafe lol :p). :zerosuitsamus: thrives best when the opponent is susceptible to her devious tricks of deceit!

For future reference; just go :metaknight: and spam 'Nado if you want to teach that gal a lesson T.T

Rage of Myles

Smash Rookie
good games I couldn't help but lol a little when it finally switched to halberd and it just did not work out for snake

crashman360

Smash Rookie
like what?
Well i'm not saying it mean, however there is always areas you should improve on.

One thing is I just started using snake, so i can punish you, but not as much as an advanced snake user can.
You were getting extremely predictable with you banana's Going to the edge pulling them out and then repeat. in total i saw a total of 4 moves from you every game. the problem isn't you using banana's the problem is you completely relying on them to rack up damage. when you go against, say a meta knight or even a advanced snake, lets say ally. if you were to continue being predictable and pull out your banana's while relying on them, because you're used to that playstyle, if you get punished you will continue to try and pull the banana's out regardless of the situation. so while you're trying to pull out you're banana's because they are they only thing you can really rely on at that point, you're going to get punished over, and over, and over, losing you're stocks as well as stage control. using the banana's is part of diddy's game, but when you only use them and 3 other moves, when it comes to a great player, they will find that and they will exploit that.

That's pretty much it.

brawl anyone?

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
yep no problem. :) just an observation, but hey i have alot to improve on too man, if you ever see anything standing out. let me know :)
Ehh not much to say really, your DACUSing was getting a little predictable, I was able to counter it a few times with Diddy hump, a banana, and that one time a semi charged fsmash lol

crashman360

Smash Rookie
Ehh not much to say really, your DACUSing was getting a little predictable, I was able to counter it a few times with Diddy hump, a banana, and that one time a semi charged fsmash lol
yeah, i kinda suck at the diddy match up haha. i get pressured then i run with dacus to get space between us lol

Top Bottom