• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im not busting on you because of that, im busting on you because you just changed your mind all of a sudden after proclaiming the opposite yesterday lol

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
im not busting on you because of that, im busting on you because you just changed your mind all of a sudden after proclaiming the opposite yesterday lol
no but you said one of the reasons you are is because of that and if thats true i dont want to be associated with someone is that much of a baby but is now 22.

M@v

Subarashii!
Wait is chibo seriously getting random OoS people to jump on his bandwagon?

Just wow. You are the biggest cry baby I've ever seen. You'll do whatever it takes to get your way.

I really dont care how it winds up, but my opinion is xzax.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Chibo i agree that you should be ranked higher than him but you kinda need to stop whining. these rankings are only going to be up for a few months, and then they'll change.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
the panel has always heavily favored wins over losses, look at last season

also seriously rules need to be made for this season. money matches are already being done and stuff
omg

it doesn't matter if "wins are heavily favored" or whatever

even if that's the case, you have so many bad losses and placings compared to Xzax having literally one loss outside of "wow that player is like national top class"

mib004

Smash Ace
chibo stop acting like your on the panel. Also ^^ what he said. Plus there has already been three tourneys that people have attended this season, chibo ur 4th

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui *****ing about having to fight squall if squall won his first match was so fu(king hilarious lmao. He was like "Inui Voice when mad and screaming" NO NO IF SQUALL WINS HIS FIRST MATCH I WOULD HAVE TO FACE HIM NEXT NO, THAT'S DUMB ITS NOT FAIR I AM SECOND SEED CHANGE IT RIGHT NOW I CANT FIGHT SNAKES" Then he started getting mad cause he said he also couldn't fight wario where he barely beat me last hit. Easy was so mad that they changed it for inui so he wouldn't have to fight squall quick lmao.
I was 1st seed.

1st seed shouldn't automatically be sent to losers round 2 and have such a hard opponent round 2 in general.

It's proper seeding.

mib004

Smash Ace
I was 1st seed.

1st seed shouldn't automatically be sent to losers round 2 and have such a hard opponent round 2 in general.

It's proper seeding.
I guess your right, but it was funny thou :), But your not bad at the snake matchup, when you took game one in GF, the next game when you went mk you changed your play style. The first game you were patient as hell.

Also the PA PR need to take a look at florida power rankings and see how they do it. They explain reasonings beyond each power ranking placement. "PA Panelist/leader step it the **** up lmfao".

Yoga Flame

mib004

Smash Ace
you 2 stocked him. I thought it was over tbh cause you had him playing your game. Then after that its like you switched your playing style.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
This is how you do rankings:

WINS

M2K = 10 points
Top 16 at MLG = 8 pts
A Class Players Globally = 7 pts
Best players of a region = 6 pts
Power ranked state players = 5 pts
Honorable Mentions in State = 4 pts
Known players that didn't make PR or HR= 3 pts
Known Scrubs = 2 pts
Completely Unknowns = 1 pt

Tourney Match Wins = 1 whole point or 100%
Pool Match Wins = .75 or 75%
MM Wins ($5+) = .50 or 50%

LOSSES

Scrubs/completely unknowns = 10 points
Known Scrubs = 8 pts
Known players that didn't make PR or HR = 7 pts
Honorable Mentions in state = 6 pts
Power Ranked state players = 5 pts
Best players of a region = 4 pts
A Class players globally = 3 pts
Top 16 at MLG = 2 pts
M2K = 1 pt

Tourney Match Losses = 1 whole point or 100%
Pool Match Losses = .75 or 75%
MM Losses ($5+) = .50 or 50%

At the beginning of the season, everyone in PA hoping to get PR'd, would submit the names of people they played (NOT WHO THEY LOST TO OR WON AGAINST). Just a list of names.

The panel would then take those names and apply them into the tiers provided. Each name would have a specific point assigned to them. The panel should not talk about who beat who during this part of the process as that would enable bias.

Then after the tier list is complete, the panel would apply this formula:

Tier List * Match Type = Total Points for that match

For example:

Smurf vs. Atomsk -> WIN for Smurf
8 pts * 1 pt = 8 points

Chibo vs. Brood -> WIN for Chibo
7 pts * .75 = 5.25 points

Fury vs. Snakeee - > WIN for Fury
6 pts * 1 pt = 6 points

Fury vs. Squall - > LOSS for Fury
5 pts * .50 = 2.5 points (SUBTRACT FROM FURY'S TOTAL)

Squall vs. Fury - > WIN for Squall
5 pts * .50 = 2.5 points (ADD TO SQUALL'S TOTAL)

Fury vs. Ally - > LOSS for Fury
2 pts * .50 = 1 pt (SUBTRACT FROM FURY'S TOTAL)

ADD UP [BRAWLER X's] total points using this formula:

[Wins Pts Total] - [Losses Pts Total] = TOTAL PTS AWARDED

Brawlers with the top ten total pts awarded beome power-ranked!

Kaylo and Gentlemen,

That's how you do rankings..

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah let's also get this 2 or 3 tourneys straightened out....because if its 3 its between nasty and I for 10th.....

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
I specifically remember someone (inui) saying that he doesn't have a snake problem anymore and wario was his new fear....guess squall changed ur mind lol...BTW good shot pa for giving nj the pens FINALLY. But no one could of kept inui outta top 3.:(

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
This is how you do rankings:

WINS

M2K = 10 points
Top 16 at MLG = 8 pts
A Class Players Globally = 7 pts
Best players of a region = 6 pts
Power ranked state players = 5 pts
Honorable Mentions in State = 4 pts
Known players that didn't make PR or HR= 3 pts
Known Scrubs = 2 pts
Completely Unknowns = 1 pt

Tourney Match Wins = 1 whole point or 100%
Pool Match Wins = .75 or 75%
MM Wins ($5+) = .50 or 50%

LOSSES

Scrubs/completely unknowns = 10 points
Known Scrubs = 8 pts
Known players that didn't make PR or HR = 7 pts
Honorable Mentions in state = 6 pts
Power Ranked state players = 5 pts
Best players of a region = 4 pts
A Class players globally = 3 pts
Top 16 at MLG = 2 pts
M2K = 1 pt

Tourney Match Losses = 1 whole point or 100%
Pool Match Losses = .75 or 75%
MM Losses ($5+) = .50 or 50%

At the beginning of the season, everyone in PA hoping to get PR'd, would submit the names of people they played (NOT WHO THEY LOST TO OR WON AGAINST). Just a list of names.

The panel would then take those names and apply them into the tiers provided. Each name would have a specific point assigned to them. The panel should not talk about who beat who during this part of the process as that would enable bias.

Then after the tier list is complete, the panel would apply this formula:

Tier List * Match Type = Total Points for that match

For example:

Smurf vs. Atomsk -> WIN for Smurf
8 pts * 1 pt = 8 points

Chibo vs. Brood -> WIN for Chibo
7 pts * .75 = 5.25 points

Fury vs. Snakeee - > WIN for Fury
6 pts * 1 pt = 6 points

Fury vs. Squall - > LOSS for Fury
5 pts * .50 = 2.5 points (SUBTRACT FROM FURY'S TOTAL)

Squall vs. Fury - > WIN for Squall
5 pts * .50 = 2.5 points (ADD TO SQUALL'S TOTAL)

Fury vs. Ally - > LOSS for Fury
2 pts * .50 = 1 pt (SUBTRACT FROM FURY'S TOTAL)

ADD UP [BRAWLER X's] total points using this formula:

[Wins Pts Total] - [Losses Pts Total] = TOTAL PTS AWARDED

Brawlers with the top ten total pts awarded beome power-ranked!

Kaylo and Gentlemen,

That's how you do rankings..
Incorrect.

Good troll post.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If it's that much of a call, i'm thinking of going to KOTC this weekend..
And Yes I've entered 2, which if I recall is the requirement..
.com said this on the 13th of this month in this thread, thinking it was 2 to be active. no one corrected him or anything.

kind of lame if it is 3

thiiiis panel

and seriously we need rules ASAP for this season. like if MMs dont count thats mega lame for people who already did them for $5+ for the purpose of rankings.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
.com said this on the 13th of this month in this thread, thinking it was 2 to be active. no one corrected him or anything.

kind of lame if it is 3

thiiiis panel

and seriously we need rules ASAP for this season. like if MMs dont count thats mega lame for people who already did them for $5+ for the purpose of rankings.
This month is currently september, if you mean August 13th, you were technically apart of the Panel at that point still too. I assumed it was 2 because we've always done that cause PA blows. Panel will discuss the MM issue at some point in the near future(hopefully before friday?) and if you did MM's for ranking purposes and won, but somehow they won't count this season, you still made 5$, so stfu lol.

@.com, we will discuss your rank issue when we all get online to discuss the MM issue also, no worries my friend.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What if he went to another tourny, and it would both count towards his rank for the last season, and for the next season, but only because he wasn't aware?

(Like if he had to cover debt with financial aid, and it was cancelled, then he'd have to use his NEXT financial aid to try and cover it, and then have some pay-per-month option to cover the rest)

I mean, like it could sorta half count (or a half-way point) in a way, but still show that he is doing well NOW, even though it could count towards his rank from last season...

Or something like that. Just throwing out an idea for panelists to bounce it back if they think it's a good idea. ;p

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Incorrect.

Good troll post.
Why wouldn't that work? Is it too fair for "The Panel"??? You guys are ridiculous, the more you guys refuse to give the rest of the PA smash community a voice, the less credible you guys become as panelists (which are supposed to be the voice of the people in the first place) and the more of a joke the whole PA rankings become..

ALL HAIL THE PANEL!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Why wouldn't that work? Is it too fair for "The Panel"??? You guys are ridiculous, the more you guys refuse to give the rest of the PA smash community a voice, the less credible you guys become as panelists (which are supposed to be the voice of the people in the first place) and the more of a joke the whole PA rankings become..

ALL HAIL THE PANEL!
Ranking's based on points is a bad idea.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Why is it a bad idea?

Just out of curiosity, is allowing everyone to quit out of MM's that they're losing in order to maintain perfect records a good idea? Just asking, cuz if it is.. Then we are on very different wavelengths..

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Why is it a bad idea?

Just out of curiosity, is allowing everyone to quit out of MM's that they're losing in order to maintain perfect records a good idea? Just asking, cuz if it is.. Then we are on very different wavelengths..
Which is why MM's shouldn't count.

Rain is from ****ing japan, do you think he cares about that MM over watching Brood play, or even the MM in general when he beat everybody else he played?

I don't want MM's to count because of bull****.

Obviously my opinion isn't all of the Panel's opinion... yet maybe, but I feel that MM's shouldn't count, a state's PR is there to reflect TOURNAMENT performance of the players and who they beat that are amazing, IN TOURNAMENT.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
A sets a set, and if the RAIN mm didnt count then I might as well forfeit out of tourney sets I'm about to lose. As long as I don't care about it right? :)

Either way, it was announced on the loud speaker on two different occasions that RAIN was accepting all MMs on the projector, and if im not mistaken I was the first and only player to beat him, even players like SK92 and stuff lost.

It doesn't matter what RAIN cared about more, the MM or brood's match. I was still a full stock ahead on the third match when he forfeited

Vex said:
a state's PR is there to reflect TOURNAMENT performance of the players and who they beat that are amazing, IN TOURNAMENT.
You honestly think Xzax's tourney wins outclass my tourney wins?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
A sets a set, and if the RAIN mm didnt count then I might as well forfeit out of tourney sets I'm about to lose. As long as I don't care about it right? :)

Either way, it was announced on the loud speaker on two different occasions that RAIN was accepting all MMs on the projector, and if im not mistaken I was the first and only player to beat him, even players like SK92 and stuff lost.

It doesn't matter what RAIN cared about more, the MM or brood's match. I was still a full stock ahead on the third match when he forfeited

You honestly think Xzax's tourney wins outclass my tourney wins?
I think your win, yes, your win, is better then his, however, your loses.....

Anyway, omg look at this BS your coming up with! LETS ALL START FORFEITING, everybody that comes up with the forfeiting examples, I basically automatically hate you, just saying, stop bringing it up.

And I'm 100% serious.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Lol whatev, if everyone wants to know their true rankings, just use the formulas I posted before..

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Lol whatev, if everyone wants to know their true rankings, just use the formulas I posted before..
Except beating m2k would practically get you to the top as long as you have no bad loses.

Oh, I went to a bunch of tourneys, like 10, and beat 20 scrubs and a few well known people, I did better then the person that beat m2k and a few good people!

That is why its flawed, you cannot really put a point value on a tournament win.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm being a 100% serious in that since RAIN doesn't count according to the panel, then if I'm about to lose a tourney set to someone I suppose I can forfeit and it won't count against me

What losses of mine are so terrible besides Remix? Seriously. I've asked this over and over and no one has answered.

Edit: Other states do use point based ranking systems and while Fury's is obviously not thought out well, the possibility of establishing one isn't a terrible idea imo considering all the problems this state and panel has in past and present.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I'm being a 100% serious in that since RAIN doesn't count according to the panel, then if I'm about to lose a tourney set to someone I suppose I can forfeit and it won't count against me

What losses of mine are so terrible besides Remix? Seriously. I've asked this over and over and no one has answered.

Edit: Other states do use point based ranking systems and while Fury's is obviously not thought out well, the possibility of establishing one isn't a terrible idea imo considering all the problems this state and panel has in past and present.
Wasn't a tournament set, was a MM. If your being serious your scum then. Actually, ignore that, but keep it in mind of how I feel about you if your serious.

RAIN is a special case.

Point system would be fine as a separate PR, like Ankoku's true skill system.

Top Bottom