• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
i've shed about 10 lbs in less than 48 hours.....

1. eating right
2. strength training/lifting
3. cardio

in that order... cardio is important, but what most people don't get is that you only need a little bit of it. Get your sleep schedule right and force yourself to eat breakfast...which is the meal which it's ok to load up on carbs. The calorie intake isn't even the biggest thing to consider with breakfast, it's jump-starting your metabolism(calorie output).... you'll actually be hungry for lunch, opposed to skipping breakfast and feeling whatever. your lunch should have far less carbs than your breakfast... if you're really trying to lose, then it should be a light lunch. NEVER eat carbs late, carbs or lack thereof in your stomach as you sleep is so crucial with losing weight. Your dinner should be little to zero carbs, can eat a big salad and a huge steak if you want. If you're really trying to lose, then you shouldn't eat dinner after 5:30p

other than the obvious things about vitamins and protein, you want a good bit of fiber in your diet. It gives you far better ****s, but more importantly it helps circulate **** through your stomach and intestines way better... your literal **** is indicative of how much of x was absorbed through your intestines(use your imagination). a practical example would be.....it being ok to eat some carbs with your dinner if you ate a good bit of fiber alongside it, that way you **** a lot of the carbs out opposed to it sitting in your intestines getting absorbed...

typical fiber sources........ triple fiber whole wheat bread, beans

i've always had the tendency to drink most of my calories whether i'm dieting or not, so getting this **** right was key. gl on the diet moses

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
10 pounds in 48 hours? what in the ****.... 35000 calories burned.... what specifically did you do? like this workout is supposed to burn 1000 in 84min.

and that **** if ****ing ROUGH (for me anyways)

i didn't think it was possible to lose weight that quickly

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I think it was 9 lbs I shed in less than 48 hours, half of which was likely water weight(look this up..always somethig to keep in mind when weighing yourself). 10 lbs should never even be a goal for someone... if you truly only need to lose 10 lbs and no more, then you don't need to be on a diet anyway. When UFC dudes don't make weight for their class, they often cut 2 lbs within the hour after. But, there's middleweight guys(185 lbs) that walk around at 225-230 in MMA... cutting THAT much before fights actually is unhealthy and is a drawback of participating... cutting 4.5 lbs of water weight, 4.5 lbs of normal weight... not that big of a deal. You see fighters chugging water after walking off the scale because they are so dehydrated.

The day before yesterday I did yard/garden work all day while drinking mixed drinks, beer, and wine... then me and my good buddy grilled chicken breasts while the ******* cooked koos koos and mixed veges(little to no carbs somewhat compensates for an abundance of drinks). Was at his place and he's got a scale in his bathroom. I always weigh myself whenever I walk past one instinctively, that day my weight fluctuated from 200.4-197.8(water weight). Since winter I've went from... 195->211->194->224->203->209->199.... which is about where I'm at now. And to be honest, I really didn't even put too much effort into doing so..which I guess is obvious when you look at my weight gained.. I just try to walk or ride a bike everywhere daily(i biked over a mile to his house), and be conscious about the stuff I mentioned. Your metabolism REALLY starts ****ting out on you at about age 24, usually from a typical youthful life of never even worrying about your metabolism...nor having to, for that matter.

anyway I don't do any actual exercise routines.. I do lift though, bros. the more muscle mass you have, the more you metabolize, and the more you work them the rate of metabolizing increases. having people that are doing the same thing to motivate you helps a lot...

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
yeah i miss having a gym nearby at unc with all my working out buddies. i think i got a good regiment of bodyweight exercises though. interesting stuff about mma... damn thats a buttload of weight to lose in a short time.

lessus

Smash Rookie
The day before yesterday I did yard/garden work all day while drinking mixed drinks, beer, and wine... then me and my good buddy grilled chicken breasts while the *****es cooked koos koos and mixed veges

I don't do any actual exercise routines.. I do lift though, bros.

who the fack do you think u are

big sleep

չչչ
wut.... i beat both esam and adam this period
at which tournament did you beat ESAM?
we have you going to 1 tournament, a ReSe at which you beat Adam and lost to him. you were unranked last period so we used history as the tie-breaker.

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
it was a midstate massacre but he agn lost to esam but beat him in losers... these situations just balance out? i believe moo vs. boney was for 5. but that might have been last period. just curious though who did moo and boney beat to make it in this period? and stingers too actually. also didn't fiz beat chris last time at a pourhouse?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We accounted for fiz chris don't worry lol.

okay I thought I nabbed all the charlotte tourneys but missed MSM. Still only puts twitch above LoZR most likely. We won't be taking so long to update anymore we have a good system now.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
They were for $5. I posted the results, in this thread I think. The results weren't great. No johns.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
ummmm, I'll try to be at Xanadu in Baltimore June 22. Mebbe you's can come to that. Evo and G2 are out of the question. What other majors are there this summer? Let me know of anything big you all are goin to, and I may attend and bring Mahone and people.

Top Bottom