• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
i remember lots of random things from that tourney. like when lozr and chocolate thunder came wearing swords and...some other costume. and also that match i played where i got two stocked twice by that anonymous samus.

*sigh* of course i remember that.

lord karn

Smash Master
i still remember the match between kevin's mario and karn's mewtwo where they almost went to 8 mins...it was a good day.

@stinger's: cam's hat is magical!
it was actually 8:36. we forgot to turn the timer on. . . :mad: I would have won if we did.

stingers is my first legit time out in tournament.

also, there wasn't even a tournament at the latest duke. you got trolled, lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ali beat me at that tournament. I couldn't kill him with Marth on BF lol. Man was livin over 200% per stock and it was still close. XD

OH, and I destroyed Adam in Mario dittos and everyone was impressed. =p

After that tournament he made some amazing post that I used as inspiration for a while. He said I was gonna be extremely good at smash. Made me so happy.....

Edit: Lol I got trolled too. XD

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
NC should do a ranking system too, separate from the PRs

like a battle ladder starting with a round robin that most/all of the PRs/good players are at. you can challenge the person above you for their spot etc, only once a tournament, every other tournament to prevent spamming attempts.

top 5 or 10 or something. it'd be fun.

******s

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Two ranking lists is kind of a pain because people would probably only try to care about one and take away from the other in some way if they got ***** on it or just by principle.

I think the current PR method is good enough for what we want to show(as frequently as we update, anyway), but I guess if the good players are all interested in playing one another again aside from tournament sets then it could be cool.

Only other thing I see is people not taking the second thing as seriously so results could be skewed.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Two ranking lists is kind of a pain because people would probably only try to care about one and take away from the other in some way if they got ***** on it or just by principle.

I think the current PR method is good enough for what we want to show(as frequently as we update, anyway), but I guess if the good players are all interested in playing one another again aside from tournament sets then it could be cool.

Only other thing I see is people not taking the second thing as seriously so results could be skewed.
then they couldn't brag about the battle rankings, duh. i think a lot of the players who are pr'd and not pr'd would actually take that list seriously, just because it's something to prove you're better than someone at and ignites competition. braggin' rights dawg

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Maybe we could let people who aren't PR'd try for it?

A separate list of 10.

Edit: Tournaments are what people think are the most important because money goes in.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
PP sandbagged at CEO.

EDIT:: if you say that you at splash was 'a bad day' one more time I'm going to slap you.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
Cam also played very well that day.
lol that's the thing....

i definitely didn't. lmao.

the only time i felt like i was playing okay was at the beginning of my first match against tope...

the beginning of the second match i felt prigud too.

but after my first couple stocks topes topeness toped any tope i had left.

Top Bottom