• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'd say you're being the downer; saying someone is weak because of a smart economic move isn't exactly positive.
You're playing smash for money then you're m2k. Otherwise you're just trying to piss everyone off.

This is a competition, a competitive game, not a money-making scheme. If I looked at it that way, I think I'd more more saddened by Pound 5, but I'm not. Why? BECAUSE I WON. Proving myself is 400X better to me than a few thousand dollars(even if I could've used it well).

And I'm not trying to put someone down for being competitively weak. It's their decision. I will keep having an opinion on the matter and will give it if I feel the need to though. I have no idea why you'd take the decision personally when this wasn't even directed at you.

Edit: Thinking about it more, if you won once, then wouldn't you want to do it again to get more money? Seems like you could even be selling yourself short so to speak if you just let the opportunity get away like that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I like competition too, pp. chris/sneak v. the kids was a close set, I enjoyed watching it(couldn't take my eyes off of ganons). I'm just the type of guy that would rematch under the same circumstances, for the sake of "better" competition, in my opinion of course. I guess some think that someone putting the odds more in his favor, by changing teammate, after a close set would be better competition, but hey, I don't expect everyone to share my views with this.
Like I said, I saw where you were coming from on that part lol. Perfectly understandable.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
In other news, Peach, Jiggs and IC's are stupid as hell. Banning them would make this game so much more enjoyable.
yes yes and yes

i'm a falco main now

obvious trolls aside

*engage real-talk plur mode*
i'm actually very spiteful toward that mindset and about a year ago(ie back when josh and i started playing together consistently) i used to hear it alot. i'm pretty sure its part of why i stopped taking this game as seriously as i used to.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
In other news, Peach, Jiggs and IC's are stupid as hell. Banning them would make this game so much more enjoyable.

EDIT: In other news, yes yes yes to all the things Kage said about playing stuff and stuff.
oh my ****ing god.

Yes

Dear god yes

omgjdfaowjeoifjewoifjawoiefjaiowhgwoiha
sdf
wae
fwefoiwaijfoifjawef

I cant breathe.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
sneak didn't want another match cause he was salty and wanted his money back. he wanted another match cause he had a good time in the hype, and wanted another shot with his regular teammate.

we talked about a rematch at the time, and once i get money, i figured we would do one. not necessarily for another 50 bucks, but another set regardless. cause outside of the losing 50 bucks part, i enjoyed the hype too.

anyway, i'm gonna go eat and party and stuff.

0Room

Smash Lord
You're playing smash for money then you're m2k. Otherwise you're just trying to piss everyone off.

This is a competition, a competitive game, not a money-making scheme. If I looked at it that way, I think I'd more more saddened by Pound 5, but I'm not. Why? BECAUSE I WON. Proving myself is 400X better to me than a few thousand dollars(even if I could've used it well).
I've been hearing a few things about something happening at Pound with the money situation, what ended up happening?

0Room

Smash Lord
Okay, so what I gathered from this is
Plank got charged hardcore by the Hotel [didn't figure out why], and then used the money to pay for it?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nothing is scheduled after the June 4th asheboro, so the weekend or two after that would be just fine I suppose, though I think CEO is on the following weekend actually.

Top Bottom