• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I've been trying to play all the non pr'd people since I've started playing. I've asked for so many mm's, people just think I'm interested in money when I just want a tourney set without the tourney. But apparently,in NC, that's not how it works, and nothin is taken seriously,so I've tried to quit trying on that end.

on't care who challenges me, I welcome it. I'll show them how I got there, and why I'll be back there.

and smith, your link will not beat me.

cam, ur falcon is cool. I miss it.

DJRome

Smash Hero
all you have to do to beat twitch is just bait his aerial mistakes on shield and than grab the **** out of him. should be easier with a taller dude like ganon. just angle that shield up and then he'll try to lcancel and then u grab and he'll be like huh? that shouldn't work

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
loool you don't have to. But if you do, play dj first, so you an get money before you lose it.

I'm not that worried about mm's except for people who claim they are better than me when they haven't shown it.

or if it's gofg. Cuz he's just an interesting matchup to me.

edit: is dj...trolling? No...he might be serious....loooool

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
and no I wasn't trying to badger you pp, if you want to pretend you don't know what i'm talking about and have me rehash everything I've already said, then you're not worth a response, sorry. If I was really just in it to 'badger' you i'd start quoting from the PR regulations thread and pm a mod or something.

|
|
|
|
\/

nc smash is a joke

DJRome

Smash Hero
im a stickler for legitness most of the time. but this has gotten out of control

not to say you don't have a right to voice your opinions

but i see no basis for anything you have said dorsey

you haven't been to a tourney in forever and were never very familiar with how the nc smash scene is since all of the new arrivals of fall 09

you likely don't know how the prs are made or how they should fairly be weighted

quite bluntly, i'd say you're clueless on this issue

and i think blackchris has gotten distinctly better since that duke you went to

not to say anything about you and ace's skill level, but i just have to say you both talk a much bigger game than either of you have. of course this is quite a separate issue than the prs.

id say jim is much better as ganon and as for your ness, i don't see how that matters. the fact is that chris has the wins to put him where he is based on results. at the very least, his record is better than yours

i think it's a little ironic that you would want to keep an inactive person (adam) off while two people (yay and chris) who attend you want off. coming from someone who rarely comes (regardless of situation), id say that's quite hilarious. next thing you know, you'll want ace on here just from your observations

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I think it's a little ironic that we're the only state that does this.

and whatever... this is the 3rd time ace has went inactive and every time people are always like every one has gotten SOOOO good and whenever we hint the same it's uhh you guys don't know what you're talking about. then dave will finally make it to a tournament and pretty much go even or beat everyone, all the while doing pretty ****ty because he never makes it to a tournament and only has me to practice against. This has _nothing_ to do with what i'm talking about though, so I don't know why you brought it up.

I listed my observations pretty clearly: We're the only state that does it like this. THAT'S the irony. I said what other state's do you see knock off someone as good as lozr because he hasn't came out for a few months? The fact that you would assume I'd want ace on the rankings from this statement is nothing short of hilarious.

And yeah I had that reaction against chris because he thinks just because he was spamming instead of spacing that he'll mop the floor with me next time? Uhhh... it was so one-sided + his suicide that I was letting chris do stuff to me so it was only a 2 stock instead of a 4. I know he's gotten better but sorry, there's not **** you can say that will make me think i'm going into a match against a ganon in NC at a disadvantage. Ridiculous. I play the ganon match-up ENTIRELY different than you, or crystalnite(ace does just fine against both of your sheiks) although i'm a worse sheik. and I honestly think i'd do way, way better than you against a top level ganon, rome. I'm well aware of my match-up experience being limited. and i know chris has gotten loads better, and good for him. But if you're judging how chris performs against you to say that he'll wreck me...... then you need some work on the match-up probably. I've always thought chris was cool as ****, and still do.. it has nothing to do with my respect for him like he mentioned.

and I don't care how much you guys cybercuddle on aim and agree with each other, then come back on this forum and treat me like I'm making no point whatsoever. It doesn't bother me at all. Wow this website is gay as ****.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol let's not get it twisted. i **** the **** out of chris, no offense to you, chris.

i judge his skill based on how he does against a lot of people. but why don't you reveal how you know how good nc is? you focus on these specific matches but ignore the big picture of the player's skill. i'll tell you that if ace comes back the same way he was at that duke, he has no chance to go even with anyone on the prs. i have no way of knowing whether he's better or not given what i've seen.

i brought this up because you were so given to discuss the relative merits of your skill in your disparaging of chris's.

in any case, explain how the state hasn't improved and what exactly it is that we're the only state to do?

null55

Smash Master
DJ... we're the only state that takes l0zR off NC power rankings.

dumb***.

DJRome

Smash Hero
yeah, i definitely heard no crying when theo was taken off

or twitch

or ali. yep. and stop being up so early cam

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
wows didn't know there was drama on the boards, Anyway good stuff yay, Dr,pp twitch and Dj Rome. And sigh i guess Ally moved on to brawl.

null55

Smash Master
well, is it not true that the point of keeping activity up to date is so that we remain consistent with "the blind man who lives in the past" theology of constructing power rankings? in that we have no idea how good everyone is beyond tournament results, and because of this we have no right to assume that someone who's ranking could be relatively questionable otherwise would be exactly worthy of spot #X.

don't worry i'm arriving at the issue... there are some players, like l0zR, who we know is not as good as Kevin, btu is definitely better than everyone else. the only reason we really have this problem is because Yay is on the rankings. it was much easier to apply Adam to the rules in this case because Yay is now an official catfish... before, Yay wasn't, so we had to break the rules by keeping l0zR on the rankings even though he didn't go to ****. both of them can't be on it because who's 2nd and who's 3rd is too ambiguous.
blah blah blah, Kevin gets to follow the rules AND keep these pRanks from being overly pathetic.. also taking advantage of an opportune time for Yay to become an official catfish..... who gives a ****, go smoke some weed and stop arguing about nothing

in any case, **** you Dr Peepee.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
well, is it not true that the point of keeping activity up to date is so that we remain consistent with "the blind man who lives in the past" theology of constructing power rankings? in that we have no idea how good everyone is beyond tournament results, and because of this we have no right to assume that someone who's ranking could be relatively questionable otherwise would be exactly worthy of spot #X.

don't worry i'm arriving at the issue... there are some players, like l0zR, who we know is not as good as Kevin, btu is definitely better than everyone else. the only reason we really have this problem is because Yay is on the rankings. it was much easier to apply Adam to the rules in this case because Yay is now an official catfish... before, Yay wasn't, so we had to break the rules by keeping l0zR on the rankings even though he didn't go to ****. both of them can't be on it because who's 2nd and who's 3rd is too ambiguous.
blah blah blah, Kevin gets to follow the rules AND keep these pRanks from being overly pathetic.. also taking advantage of an opportune time for Yay to become an official catfish..... who gives a ****, go smoke some weed and stop arguing about nothing

in any case, **** you Dr Peepee.
Sounds like you went and did my arguing for me. Thanks for saving me some time.

Maybe the panel will change their mind about this idea later, but right now we're trying to treat everyone equally. Thank you for your concern and have a nice day.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
our PR's are different than other states, and I've already stated it plainly:

When you look at another state's PR's, you see their top 10 players or something that is very close to it. When an OOS person looks at ours, they get a false-advertisement.

am I that wrong in stating that?

Taking lozr off was just an example... I imagine an OOS person seeing his absence and thinking 'did lozr move? or did NC just get way better? or did he quit smash? etc.' it's just a tiny example of our rankings encouraging false information opposed to practically every other state. But that's not what i'm talking about, all I'm stating is the 2nd and 3rd sentences in this post.

I was NOT referring to chris's NOR my over-all skill. I'm talking about the sheik v. ganon match-up and how I'm not going into a future match with him as the underdog or something. So 90% of what you said doesn't even apply to what I'm talking about. It has NOTHING to do with me discussing the merits of my skill or disrespecting chris's. Stop acting like I'm ignorant to the fact that many in our state surpass me in many aspects of the game skill-wise. I'm not talking about that. I have played this match-up more than ANYONE in our state I'm sure and I have always seen huge flaws in NC peep's ganon game that I do not possess, with the exception of our 2 best players in the state.

I never said that the state hasn't improved. I know everyone has...........lol. Stay on topic here........all my first post in regard to me beating Chris was just an analogy anyway saying that I wouldn't see myself getting ranked if I did that(beating blackchris, jmh, and twitch with samus)........i mean this is just really laughable to me. I had to post about mine and chris's match because apparently he had a way different POV about what happened.

@pp-LOL

Anyway I am completely done posting on this.

ps. Chris, Jim, or Dave do not want to meet me in bracket.

-Jesse

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The skilled/inactive section shows that LoZR is still around and good, but a player of his caliber deserves a more special notation. Those are just my two cents.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hey, hey dorsey, jim wants a $5 mm ganon vs. ganon/shiek (he doesnt give a ****)

get on his level please

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Okay so seeding issue, it wasnt with me as much as with everyone. see i was a three... but so was everyone else but PP.

we cant keep doing that, thats not how logical thought works. lol.
what the hell? that is not true. PP was 10, Tope and Yay were both 9 iirc, and PR'd players were seeded downwards from then. the only people who were 3s were non PR'd people.

Top Bottom