• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
so just how many people still play melee in NC?

i get to play about 4 people here in arkansas and we are all around same level how big is skill gap in NC?
I don't even....maybe about 20ish people play Melee in NC. The number is bigger than that, but some people have various johns for not being able to travel and all, so it seems fair.

LoZR and I are really good.

Ali is also pretty ****. He has a new combo video actually lol.

TC is mad rusty, but he'll be around Ali's skill level when he gets goin again.

Black Dolphin and Twig could be around Ali's level after they get unrusty too, but I don't really know.

Nebs came outta nowhere and is around TC's current level I'd say. Maybe a bit higher?

Not sure about talent after that since it's been a while/dunno what you're exactly looking for.

This state is the the MOST FUN state for smash though, no johns. We love smash and we <3 our bros and the almighty Catfish.

Sorry to hear about your situation in Arkansas though. Aren't Forward and Taj comin back though?

forward and taj are in arizona, I'm pretty sure.

but anyways, yeah once we get the rust off, me and ali and black dolphin are pretty close.

We'll see how charlotte smash is once we start getting serious again. Plus PETER. He's the most legit smasher in NC.

Vts

Smash Champion
I don't even....maybe about 20ish people play Melee in NC. The number is bigger than that, but some people have various johns for not being able to travel and all, so it seems fair.

LoZR and I are really good.

Ali is also pretty ****. He has a new combo video actually lol.

TC is mad rusty, but he'll be around Ali's skill level when he gets goin again.

Black Dolphin and Twig could be around Ali's level after they get unrusty too, but I don't really know.

Nebs came outta nowhere and is around TC's current level I'd say. Maybe a bit higher?

Not sure about talent after that since it's been a while/dunno what you're exactly looking for.

This state is the the MOST FUN state for smash though, no johns. We love smash and we <3 our bros and the almighty Catfish.

Sorry to hear about your situation in Arkansas though. Aren't Forward and Taj comin back though?
i hear Taj is back and Forward is still iffy iffy.

yeah but i live 2 hours away from iori/chad/ihsb/nes/nite so some really good people i visit every 3-5 weeks for melee practice and just do little stuff with friends here.

plan on moving in with the best smasher in arkansas once i'm done with all my online classes, his house has like a spare down stairs where his old roommate that took up that space went to navy and he already has 4 other rooms mates its crazy but they all kind of play melee.

good job at TO4 i didn't get to go since i rather not drive by myself for 8-10 hours , friends kind of hard stuff to do on monday or couldn't make it.

maybe we will play when i get the mid south circuit going.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I played IHSB, Nes, and Iori in singles friendlies, they're good. Definitely fun matches with those guys.

Niiiice setup man.

Thanks, and I'll do what I can to get out there.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So why is TC up there, again? I'm not trying to hate on his skill, I know he's good, but he isn't as active in this community as the majority of the others in that list. He may have performed well at RM9, but what about that one random Billfest he decided to go to? He works too often to reenter this scene again.

I just want to know what went into giving him 4th.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
So why is TC up there, again? I'm not trying to hate on his skill, I know he's good, but he isn't as active in this community as the majority of the others in that list. He may have performed well at RM9, but what about that one random Billfest he decided to go to? He works too often to reenter this scene again.

I just want to know what went into giving him 4th.
Aside from the RM tourney, at the Billfest he went to, he got third (I remember because I beat him in semifinals). At PLUR's I think he got second, but I'm not sure.

You're right though. Even though he's not as active as other people, his skill is well known. PP said that these weren't going to be completely revolved around tournament results (even though they mostly are), partly for this reason I'd assume. People have stuff to do, and even though he's not really that active in the scene, he still does attend stuff sometimes.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Some stuff. As long as the decision is justified. Because to me, that was unexpected, and I think he may have been placed too high. But amongst a good number of the others on the list, I guess it makes sense.

Foxy

Smash Master
HOLY MOTHERFING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT JUST FOUND THIS THREAD

Why am I on this?

I'm completely proud of myself and elated, but seriously guys I don't deserve 10th.

I guess I did place accordingly at ASU (tied with Rawfuls at 7th) and I got taken out by two higher ranked players (Malk and Karn, actually had a big lead on Karn but he started grabbing), and only lost to Malk in pools, etc, but really. At my smashfest, Mask destroyed me in Falcon dittos (I actually did better in them against Nebs), I beat Rawfuls a lot there but he was super rusty and he owns everything but my Jiggs now, I can beat Vilt and Behr... Shep owned me in friendlies but I was about to fall over sleeping, just making lazy random moves (then again he had just woken up lulz, great matches).

I guess I gotta keep it going at my tourney to keep the spot. Better find a Melee disc and start practicing.

I think I should 1$ MM everyone above me on the PR at my place (whoever shows up, of course) and settle this.

edit: also lol dark hart you've barely ever been able to beat me except last time we played, and that was just like two random friendlies. i don't mind you wanting to settle this at my tourney but go ahead and MM me, $5 sounds good to me, let's make this real

Foxy

Smash Master
nebs, i facking suck at this game.

i beat/almost beat good players with insane luck

just ask everyone in nc, i'm just so bad

they just put me at 10th because it's the only way to say i'm "last" in something at smash

rawr

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
edit: also lol dark hart you've barely ever been able to beat me except last time we played, and that was just like two random friendlies. i don't mind you wanting to settle this at my tourney but go ahead and MM me, $5 sounds good to me, let's make this real
What are you talking about? I almost always beat you when I play Falco, which is who'd I'd choose against you in a tourney. And, that's with my out of practice johns. And if by random friendlies you mean, us at the vgc being the only two people playing Melee for an hour, then yes you're right. So random. $5 best 3/5 at your place on the 7th GET THIS SHIT HYPED!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Naw bro, but seriously, you've been going to tourneys and making a little name for yourself, and I haven't been able too make any of them (fucking parents). That being said, imo I'm still better than you, but we'll see.

:chuckle:

I'm going to guess that... no one want me to win? And that... everyone is going to talk shit to me during this because they don't want me to win?

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
i want you win dark hart but thats just cus i like being different.... Hell you can have my spot on the list... I dont play anywhere near enogh to keep it anyhow

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
lol thanks bro. I think you got to talk to PP about the list thing, but I think you should keep it. If Matt, Alex, and Kevin think you should be there, then take it.

naw, I'm just so used to people rooting against me, it's kinda been ingrained in my mind that no one will root for me.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
i didnt mean i shouldnt be there now based on recent tournies i prly should be just saying i don practice at all... Ask malk we spend all our time playing accent core and arcana heart.. melee is an afterthought... So im saying people like you foxy and mike and david will prly pass me and my conplete lack of practice

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I'm going to guess that... no one want me to win? And that... everyone is going to talk shit to me during this because they don't want me to win?
I don't give a f*ck who wins. I'm not even gonna be there for the MM anyways.

Why the hell would anyone care who wins? Stop trying to get our sympathy.

I hope I win the money watch between you two. Both of you give me five bucks.

and a DS

Foxy

Smash Master
You should be careful, Foxy. DH is about as good as Forward.
SHIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

What are you talking about? I almost always beat you when I play Falco, which is who'd I'd choose against you in a tourney. And, that's with my out of practice johns. And if by random friendlies you mean, us at the vgc being the only two people playing Melee for an hour, then yes you're right. So random. $5 best 3/5 at your place on the 7th GET THIS SHIT HYPED!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Naw bro, but seriously, you've been going to tourneys and making a little name for yourself, and I haven't been able too make any of them (fucking parents). That being said, imo I'm still better than you, but we'll see.

:chuckle:

I do agree that I have had the most trouble with your Falco, but you still aren't even up to being even with my when you've played him (apart from the last few we did, I think you won all of those). Honestly, you're good, but you haven't been to tournaments lately while I've been to 2 or 3 since the last time I played you, and I'm a heck of a lot better.

I fully expect to beat you in 3 games and enjoy my $5, but I'm game for you getting serious and competitive about this, makes it a lot more fun.

Also Video Game Club this Friday I think, so we can play Melee. No money match then, though. Neither of us play near out best there.

Edit: Oh, and by random I mean that the last time we played at VGC (and GofG came) we did doubles for almost the whole time and then GofG and I each played you like 2 or 3 matches, and we were about to leave anyways, so it was pretty darn random.

Edit2: Oh and Karn's Mewtwo can beat anything you've got

Foxy

Smash Master
i know plur, you're insane at melee

i think you should be like 6th on here, honest opinion

what a stupid list

raptor boost is the only thing stopping you (nana) from making it

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
next time i see you, mm? cf vs g&w, 2/3?
Don't rush things, babe. I need to practice. Whenever I get access to a Wii, we're always playing Brawl. D=

And I'll switch off between GaW/IC as much as I feel the need to. I'll play alot more gay as IC though, as opposed to playing dumb and flashy.(I'll probably go back on that. XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom