• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings - February 11th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

$mike

Smash Ace
im not sure what mike contributes to the panel since most of karn's conceptions about prs is very logical and accurate. not to knock mike, but i simply do not know what he does.
When PP was still in the panel, me and him were the main contributors (the most consistent). We were usually the two who constructed drafts of lists, and Foxy and Karn usually checked it over. I'm not saying they never took part in making the lists - they did, just not as consistently as me and PP did.

With the most recent updates, it's been Foxy and I constructing the lists. Karn just checks it over, usually because it's too difficult to get in touch with him when me and Foxy are online.

and I always gather data every time we do lists. But basically every member of the panel does that.

null55

Smash Master
well for this next list, try either pickin up all the data or round robin'ing some truth serum when yall get together... -___-;;;;;;

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
i wonder why stingers should be on melee panel. he's focused much much more on brawl right now and he hardly even likes melee anymore. plus he's already on the brawl panel. there's only so much ground this guy can cover. i don't think he even wants to be on the melee panel.

DJRome

Smash Hero
im sure stingers would be fair. but i agree with you, twitch. anyways, im still a fan of the me + subserviant *****es

null55

Smash Master
nice politics there DJ i suppose that's how honest you are / would be.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol **** politics. either it's happening or its not. it's not as if any slanderers don't have enough gripes to propagate as it is. /wato

but yeah, whatever

well, twitch, in the positions where it matters (ie not in extreme/rare cases), pure numbers should be enough to form a list

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
dj is kind of right about my being redundant on the panel, but I feel like I would be more quality control and I would care more about what the "people" have to say about decisions being made. If I were to be on the panel, I would be more of a delegate than a leader.
I also support more transparency in the process; I would ask questions on the boards to get certain opinions from smashers if I ever thought something seemed out of line, but that wouldnt mean everything in the discussions would be divulged..

I strongly support DJ in the PR's

I also 100% agree with everything DJ and [mostly] Cam have said. Need me to be more specific about this? No, you dont, because all you have to do is read all of their posts in the past few pages and I will agree with everything*.

Foxy is, like, the humblest, nicest smasher on the boards, but idk what he is necessarily doing on the panel........

Mike is also a G (not to be confused with mike g), but if the people have spoken..........

*Also, I agree with Cam 90% ; just not so sure about his personal panel preferences; but as for the argument about what will nc do vs ppl having already been on the panel for a long time: NC will do w/e it wants LOL

A missions statement is actually not a bad idea, but that would be up to the panel to decide if its worth the time.. idk

As for myself, I , again, would be better suited for Quality control/Representative cuz 1) I would mostly agree with dj the whole time 2) I really actually care about what the majority of nc has to say about stuff 3) I dont keep up with too much data (unless I have to, ie, i wont randomly assign ppl without 100% knowing tourney results LOL) 4) I know no panel will be perfect, so I think there should be a final check by a somewhat uninvolved party to see if the list makes *enough* sense 5) as i have tried to state many many times before, I am otherwise disinterested in my personal placement (unless my characters are whacked up [srsly, wtf?]) 6) Contrary to popular belief (cough * cough) I actually do stuff other than smash quite frequently, so I dont have that much time to crunch numbers, discuss things extensively on aim/in a group setting so often that it detracts from my studies and FLUTEEEEE events 7) I wont be here over the summer, so, I would have to do this "part time" regardless

Nevertheless, I would love to represent nc on the panel, but the strongest point I have tried to make in this post is that DJ should definitely be on the panel (and tbh, should have been on the panel a long time ago)

EDIT:
nice politics there DJ i suppose that's how honest you are / would be.
Its that Chinese in him

Also, looool @ ace's sig

and, wtf moo? lolol

null55

Smash Master
DJ should be on the panel. but this would probably mean that Karn/Foxy wouldn't be.

mostly because DJ is that homo and wouldn't do it unless he was basically the backbone and torso of the operation.

that in relation to PP and his choices as far as the panel is concerned, makes me laugh at the irony... which is only visible due to on my own opinions of course.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH

guys chill the **** out. no need to get so worked up over useless ****.

GofG

Smash Champion
You also think getting an ugly girlfriend or a boyfriend is a perfect solution to not getting hurt in a relationship.
Has ANYONE HERE ever been hurt by an ugly girl or boy?

please speak up

edit: stingers, why do we place religion on such a high pedestal? why is it untouchable even as everything from the holocaust to the civil rights movement becomes fair game to crack jokes on?

is it because talking about religion is gonna get me infracted? thanks for lookin' out.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
gofg, don't start ****.
smith, don't feed into ****.

I love you both, but really, come on. this is not the time nor place.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Because you don't need to tell me how bad a person I am for believing in something that doesn't even concern you? It's my life, don't try and say it's a bad one because I'm believing in a higher being, yet you're the one who's been kicked out of school, and you can't leave North Carolina. Who's life is worse, mine for believing in God, or yours for for not believing in God and being in such a situation that just gives you no right to speak?

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
why do we place religion on such a high pedestal? why is it untouchable even as everything from the holocaust to the civil rights movement becomes fair game to crack jokes on?
cause theres no need, and who needs super 12 page flame war over OMG prove he's real vs OMG prove he isnt, which is always started by one, single, post

Save the thread, talk more about melee

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Has ANYONE HERE ever been hurt by an ugly girl or boy?

please speak up
I . . . I have been . . . A VICTIM.

I was only walking casually on a street, as I usually do around two in the afternoon, daily. But this was no ordinary day. Far from it. Only hours into my stroll I spotted something. Something so hideous, I could only describe its hair as composed of millions of snakes. My insides just tore up at the sight of her. My heart rate rose as my chest felt like it would explode. My body just got tense as she walked closer. My skin dried out so fast, it was cracking. I turned shades of gray. I couldn't breath.

One could say I was turned to stone.

GofG

Smash Champion
Because I'm pissed off at being stuck in this piss-ant town called West Jefferson, where every building is either a church or an antique shop, and I got yelled at yesterday "Go back to Florida!" (most people who live here think that all outsiders come from Florida and have vacation homes here), and the relatives I am with automatically assumed that I would be attending church with them this previous easter sunday, and they were outraged when they learnt of my atheism, and it has made this entire vacation excessively tense with lots of glaring.

I trolled facebook with a status update and smith fed the troll, and I brought it on smashboards.

but i'm done now.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
I . . . I have been . . . A VICTIM.

I was only walking casually on a street, as I usually do around two in the afternoon, daily. But this was no ordinary day. Far from it. Only hours into my stroll I spotted something. Something so hideous, I could only describe its hair as composed of millions of snakes. My insides just tore up at the sight of her. My heart rate rose as my chest felt like it would explode. My body just got tense as she walked closer. My skin dried out so fast, it was cracking. I turned shades of gray. I couldn't breath.

One could say I was turned to stone.
this place needs a youtube-like thumbs up system

soo.... oh wait.. im ******** there it is

BEHR

Smash Hero
alright my two cents that dont matter.

Why date a girl or boy that is ugly? What the ****? If you think you can do better then go do better. lol stop pitting yourself and man up.

Relaigion thing who gives a **** you are are your own being do what you want I really dont care.

You can be a free mason,amish,lutheran, and etc with whatever other religions there are there.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Because I'm pissed off at being stuck in this piss-ant town called West Jefferson, where every building is either a church or an antique shop, and I got yelled at yesterday "Go back to Florida!" (most people who live here think that all outsiders come from Florida and have vacation homes here), and the relatives I am with automatically assumed that I would be attending church with them this previous easter sunday, and they were outraged when they learnt of my atheism, and it has made this entire vacation excessively tense with lots of glaring.

I trolled facebook with a status update and smith fed the troll, and I brought it on smashboards.

but i'm done now.
Too bad there isn't such word as atheism because it's not a religion. :|

null55

Smash Master
i vote me DJ and Twitch for the NC Religious Rankings

1. Rastafarian

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Aight look, both of you need to shut the **** up take it to pms/facebook/aim because honestly, I'm sure nobody gives a **** what you say you are or what the **** happened on your vacation or what your religious beliefs are. now shut the ****ing **** up .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom