• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings - February 11th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Hahaha, you're mad and it's funny.

Let's just take this one step at a time as well then.

As I have said, ONCE AGAIN, the panel should listen to the people and try to at least revisit any questionable issues. There is no need for a revolution though if the panel is willing to be understanding and take a little time to respond to people.

Sarcasm in serious discussions is fun huh!!?!!!??!!?

Okay I honestly don't know what your next point was about because you just bolded pronouns and sounded mad. I guess you want everyone to have the same valued opinion and you think democracy ***** for PR panels, which is backwards logic because the panel has to have a higher authority than the people in order to keep their lists final.

Wow theo, I'm going to break some of this down again.

I. Like. Feedback. Feedback is good. I am glad you all have expressed your opinions. Let's get that out of they way right now. And let's remember it.

NOW THEN, just because you all disagree with what has happened and have brought it to the attention of the panel, doesn't mean that you should at least get a fair response from them or try to overthrow them. I have said that I will talk to all of the panelists and determine what went wrong here, and if it seriously looks like a panelist is unqualified/unfitting of a second chance from that point onward, then I will not hesitate to tell him so and work on getting a replacement for him.

Don't put more words in my mouth(regarding DJ at this point). Actually, that's probably my entire response to this it looks like, but I'm going to keep working through this.

Rofl back up your arguments please.

So it's my job to defend every panelist now? Questionable light has only been brought onto Foxy, so your only beef should be with him. Regardless of what you think, Foxy does a pretty good job gathering, organizing, AND interpreting the data.

This isn't about government. This isn't a society. This is a panel that views data and listens to the people when questionable decisions are made. Does it really have to be harder than that?

You said you liked to listen to popular opinion, and emphasized it, which made me think you might listen to them too much, though equally may have been overdoing it.

Forgive me but I can't even read your next to last last paragraph without wincing. It's mostly a rehash of your disapproval anyway.

It honestly seems like an unnecessary position. It's like we can't trust the panel to do its job so we need a guy to make sure the list looks well enough to put out to the public. That just feels like the panel isn't taken seriously at that point, and honestly it's probably embarrassing. You're leaving soon anyway so I'm not sure why it bothers you so much, but I guess I probably came off a little too harshly since I didn't like the campaigning so it's whatever. My bad for being mean in my response I guess.

Edit: nvm fixed the text.
Id really prefer it if u gave an instance where either my or dj's arguments have not been supported. I supported all of my points with a quote of yours and then proceeded to give a plethora of examples and real-life examples to support my points and claims.

In a democracy, the government DOES have more authority than the people. Again, Locke's theory of government: the people give up some autonomy so that the elected governing body will have the power to make prudent decisions for the good of everyone.

Its funny how you juxtaposed this:
"Don't put more words in my mouth(regarding DJ at this point). Actually, that's probably my entire response to this it looks like, but I'm going to keep working through this.

Rofl back up your arguments please. "

when you gave no instance of my putting words in your mouth OR me not backing up my arguments. All I have done is exploit flaws in your own logic with quotes coming only from you in each instance.

"This isn't a society"
so·ci·e·ty   [suh-sahy-i-tee] Show IPA noun,plural-ties, adjective
–noun
an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, or other purposes.
a body of individuals living as members of a community; community.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/society

The whole u mad thing is funny, but again, u provided no justification for that either, lmao; how am i mad again?

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, i'll await ur update then. but in the meantime, i don't want to be the leader. i want to be the only. I WANT TO CONTROL IT ALL! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edit: theo, u mad

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Id really prefer it if u gave an instance where either my or dj's arguments have not been supported. I supported all of my points with a quote of yours and then proceeded to give a plethora of examples and real-life examples to support my points and claims.

In a democracy, the government DOES have more authority than the people. Again, Locke's theory of government: the people give up some autonomy so that the elected governing body will have the power to make prudent decisions for the good of everyone.

Its funny how you juxtaposed this:
"Don't put more words in my mouth(regarding DJ at this point). Actually, that's probably my entire response to this it looks like, but I'm going to keep working through this.

Rofl back up your arguments please. "

when you gave no instance of my putting words in your mouth OR me not backing up my arguments. All I have done is exploit flaws in your own logic with quotes coming only from you in each instance.

"This isn't a society"
so·ci·e·ty   [suh-sahy-i-tee] Show IPA noun,plural-ties, adjective
–noun
an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, or other purposes.
a body of individuals living as members of a community; community.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/society

The whole u mad thing is funny, but again, u provided no justification for that either, lmao; how am i mad again?
I'm bad at multiquoting, so please take my word for it. You and DJ do a fair job of following up most of your arguments, and DJ almost always follows his up.

I hate summarizing arguments mid-argument. It's always stupid. YES I KNOW I SAID THAT ABOUT YOU TOO BUT IT'S DUMB WHEN IT BECOMES PART OF THE ARGUMENT.

Again, bad at multiquoting. If you need me to go pick out examples of every thing I say then I will from this point onward. It's more a point of sadness or reference for me to say you aren't backing your stuff up and not really meant to be responded to. Besides, that gets into argument procedure and detracts from the argument itself, much like what is happening here, but this contradiction is pretty much unavoidable I guess.

Rofl I'm going to explain why someone is mad. Hilarious.

You seemed to be mad because of the instances of sarcasm were written in such a way that seemed to have an obvious undertone of anger. Also, references like "lookin like **** Cheney over there" with expletives and an authority figure representing something you don't agree with that were completely unnecessary to supporting your argument lead me to believe that it was a shot at me because of your anger.

^ lol

DJRome

Smash Hero
<3 i can happily resume my slumber. it's hilarious that i tried to sleep tonight and failed to do so for more than 3 hours. back to it soon. . .

and stingers stfu and stop posting yahoo stuff. that talentless *** blah blah. oh yeah. im a beast from the east

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I'm bad at multiquoting, so please take my word for it. You and DJ do a fair job of following up most of your arguments, and DJ almost always follows his up.

I hate summarizing arguments mid-argument. It's always stupid. YES I KNOW I SAID THAT ABOUT YOU TOO BUT IT'S DUMB WHEN IT BECOMES PART OF THE ARGUMENT.

Again, bad at multiquoting. If you need me to go pick out examples of every thing I say then I will from this point onward. It's more a point of sadness or reference for me to say you aren't backing your stuff up and not really meant to be responded to. Besides, that gets into argument procedure and detracts from the argument itself, much like what is happening here, but this contradiction is pretty much unavoidable I guess.

Rofl I'm going to explain why someone is mad. Hilarious.

You seemed to be mad because of the instances of sarcasm were written in such a way that seemed to have an obvious undertone of anger. Also, references like "lookin like **** Cheney over there" with expletives and an authority figure representing something you don't agree with that were completely unnecessary to supporting your argument lead me to believe that it was a shot at me because of your anger.

^ lol
Well, your derailing from your arguments to talk about their support wouldnt happen if you had just supported your own arguments in the first place <.<

null55

Smash Master
@Kevin: L. M. A. O. omg ima have a field day soon...

Well, Dr. Peepee, i was trying to be civil about this (i.e. my posts were in no way insulting... get that pms outta here [<- that's more like it]) , but you've forced me with your prevalent hypocrisy and INSANE assumptions to have to respond as completely and formally as possible... and bring out the guns i was trying to keep in my holster for as long as possible...

please wait for tomorrow evening. ima tear up some **** boi. ;)

including your beloved logical and levelheaded moneylovers

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
@Kevin: L. M. A. O. omg ima have a field day soon...

Well, Dr. Peepee, i was trying to be civil about this (i.e. to start this out before it begins, please go back and show me where i've made petty shots at you and have been so disgustingly insulting... just one sentence, i bet you $500 that you either just wanted it to be insulting, or overreacted as usual) , but you've forced me with your prevalent hypocrisy and INSANE assumptions to have to respond as completely and formally as possible... and bring out the guns i was trying to keep in my holster for as long as possible...

please wait for tomorrow evening. ima tear up some **** boi. ;)

including your beloved logical and levelheaded moneylovers
this echoes the notions ive stressed about a significant lack of argumentative support for pretty much everything he has stated, yet demands that dj and I provide more than our gratuitous amounts of support for our claims

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, your derailing from your arguments to talk about their support wouldnt happen if you had just supported your own arguments in the first place <.<
I actually also assumed that you could look back and figure out what I'm talking about, but that's a bad Kevin move.

I won't assume any more, rest assured.

You're up early, Cam. You should get some rest.

Edit: Theo, I do back up plenty of what I've said. You're exaggerating.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just what the hell happened over night?

What a **** storm.

I'm not reading any of that cause I'm worried I might grow some gray hair.

DJRome

Smash Hero
don't worry zio, it's not relevant to you.

pp, there is a reason i watch 90210, house, and friday night lights. and undressed if they would update the website to more than season 1 ;)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oy. Anything and everything is relevant to me.

I'm a smash champion for a reason.

DJRome

Smash Hero
omg, so i found it, but. . . each season is 50gb and i also found a 1080p season 6 as ongoing hd.

so the 500gb i just freed up is pretty much full after this season. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom