• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Norcal/Bay Area/ DBR Challenge Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
There is always last minute poop....

It looks like Geo will not be going...

Also, I am tlaking to Marthby right now...it sounds like he isnt gonna be going either, but im trying to talk him into it.

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
Last minute poop indeed...

Man I am SOOOOO pissed right now!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I just pray that I can be able to go to the next smashfest and MLG...

NiGHTS05

Smash Rookie
sorry, we can't make it. i don't want to drive all the way out to concord. maybe if you were a little closer. tell me the next time you guys want to play. if you aren't to far then we will play you

Zoap

Smash Master
smashfest

ok well i only got to play one person.... Yeah so it was fun even know i did hella bad. But it was still fun, The one person was Sam and man ur falco rocks. Srry i didnt present much a challenge but i needed to warmup a little eehhh. But yea real nice falco hope i dont have to play u in mlg. it was plenty fun just watchin some ppl play. didnt eat anything so didnt do my match wit germ but that woulda been fun. Srry zel bout not wantin to money match. I was gonna warm up and then come back and do somemore but all the tvs were taken up grrrrrrrr. next time we match for sure. Nasty wat happened man! we were suppose to duke it out for 5 and i didnt see u there. So overall i had fun but wish i coulda played somemore.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Hey, back from the smashfest, and it was pretty fun. I lost a dollar to Sam, and two to Necrobis' Link, becuase he hustled me. Played a lot of differnet people, and I think I am improving, so thats good. Anyway, I will start editing the videos tomorow, but I think I only got like three or four matches.

edit: the pizza was also good.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Just got back...

Friggin awesome...

Playing you guys when i'm awake is sooo much better....a lot of pple there too....i dont think i caught everyone's names tho

Zel: omg wtf...just when im about to get a match with u, ender says we have to leave and i find u....ASLEEP ON THE FLOOR! So much for practicing the shine destroyer aka PKThunderBarrier...****it ender....poop

Bob$: I'm still asking myself "Would it have gone better if I had put up more money?" Now I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10.

Sam: god ****it...too close...we gotta play more....loads of fun

Nasty: omfg...friggin suicides...poop...you were so pwned....REMATCH!!!!!! oh yeah...and your grapple was friggin hilarious

Germ: I'd like to quote one of the many TeamScape comedy videos: "This is the most fun I've ever had!" --Earthbound Monopoly. Playing your Link is a friggin addiction. What's the score on my wins/losses now? 2/6? *Buys the smashpatch*^_^

I didn't have any matches vs. the rest of DBR

oh yeah.... Hyuga: We didnt get enough matches in, but it was still fun, fun and overall poopless.

shoot...i cant remember everyone's names...

I don't think I played ANY of the Blue Phoenixes and playing the SF Orientals was like....dinner AND a show....oh wait that didnt sound right...overall i had fun vs. everyone i played...loads even...except that crap match where i played YLink...wtf was i thinking?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Nights: are you in Santa Cruz? Cause that's where I am. IM me at SZalewski and perhaps we can smash sometime.

Thanks a lot for hosting, Germ. It was radd to the maxx.

I played a lot of people whose names I'm spacing on. Didn't get to play DBR enough. I had lots of fun playing SF Asians and Teamscape. Don't remember who if any from Blue Phoenixes. I wish I coulds played Simna some more. For some reason I had a money match with Sam, wherein I was a worthless idiot and suicided 2 or 3 times.

12 hours of smash = instant arthritis

Oh yeah, in case any of you guys are interested, there's going to be a decent sized tourney in Soledad on the 29th. Soledad is in the middle of Monterey county basically. I know that's kind of a drive from some but I can provide transport to anyone that can get down to the Santa Cruz area.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47150

Bob Money

Smash Ace
ots was fun from the little time was there
i wish i stayed more and played
i didnt get to play bLue birds
didnt get to play sam
didnt get to play alot of people but from the people i played good stuff
Sinma: u da man, your ness is already pretty good but i see it getting SO **** SWEET i got your dollar :0

Ender you fox impoved by 100 percent, if u keep this up youll be hald as good as Zel haha jk even tho zel is best fox in US

Volroth you are pretty good try to play less aggressive and a lttle more defensive. Your ganon is pretty good.

Kurtis u got alot better dunno who your best char is tho prob.

Silent Spectre you were awesome, your falcon is really good and u always counter pick characters.All your chars are good. i needed
to resort to the doc to beat u.

LARGO u are just too cool. best hair-do ever. u got alot better since last time.

we should do this again....BUT GEO AND MB BETTER SHOW or ima gunna stick perpetual Zero zack on you. hes too good.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

malva00

Smash Master
Originally posted by Bob Money
Silent Spectre you were awesome, your falcon is really good and u always counter pick characters.All your chars are good. i needed
to resort to the doc to beat u.
Craaazy, Jeffrey(right?) went good stuff! Of course he's really good he got to play me for a day :cool: haha j/k I had nothing to do with it. good thing he's quiet or else he'd be telling everyone about how he beat me down :( .

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
**** I MISSED IT!!!! ****

When will the next smashfest gonna go on? Im ****ing tired of missing these thangz. If its not my alarms clocks fault its my mom and dads fault! My mom didnt want me going and my dad didnt wanna take me! :mad: BULL****!!! :mad: I DEFINITELY GOTTA BE THERE AT THE NEXT SMASHFEST!!!

Mike Nasty

Smash Cadet
the smash marothon was fun but sam took all my money mtches and i din not feel like playing for a fu(king dollar 50 times.
I think that I only got one money match and that was with Simna who kept saying poop every time i killed his 4ss y the fu(k do you say poop any way that **** is he11a anoying .
Zoap dont fu(king lie man you wouldnt have played me for 5 even if I was there
I should have been there the whole day but I was getting sticky but Ill be there next time

The GERM

Smash Ace
Goooooood sh**

Thanx to everyone who came on Saturday, the smashfest ran super smoothly. don't know when the next one will be, if it's cool with my parents, maybe a week before MLG SF but no promises.

Kurtis: d@mn your Sheik got faster bro, you played a lot smarter too, I got a feeling you're really gonna be somebody to fear soon, keep that sh** up kid.

Largo: I didn't get to play you this time, but I want my hair to be just like yours, I call it "The Tsunami"....

Simna: wait a minute did you say 2/6? hehe, I don't think you've beat my Link in a set yet, actually, that was the first match you've ever beat me in kid, the score is more like 1/8, but who's counting. Your Ness is getting crazy though man, you improved more than I expected, good sh**

Ender: Your a funny dude bro, always a pleasure to have you around. Your Fox is getting faster man, just need to work in the mind games, I hope you got a chance to play Zelgadis, dittoing his Fox will make you crazy better.

Milk: How dare you try to play me with a younger version of my own character, after the match, Link told me it was the hardest thing he ever had to do. haha, good sh** though man, didn't get to see your puff this time, but keep working that Y. Link.

Sheridan: d@mn bro, I think I only played you a couple matches in the morning, we definately gotta get more play in next time. Thanx for coming again bro, you were the first to come and the last to leave, that's what I call dedication. Go soak your hands in some warm water man, haha.

Volroth: Thanx for coming too man, I think I played your Sheik right? yeah, I think it was, I hate Sheik man, haha, I'm sure you know that now. You stayed on the same TV for like 3 hours straight bro, hahaha, I hope you got better though.

Silentspectre: I think I know why your name is Silentspectre, cause you don't really say much,...at all, haha. I like that though, a man of little words and big actions, it's strikes fear into the enemy, hehe. I remember playing your Falcon a couple times, not bad at all, but I'm a Falcon killer, hehe. Good sh**..

Pierre: Thanx for coming through bro, your a funny dude. I wish you guys coulda stayed longer though. D@mn your Ganon's sweet man, that mother got hella faster in 2 weeks. Yeah, Ganon's definately your best. You almost had Sam in that first Falco ditto man, he's tough to beat. Keep that stuff up bro..

Redwood City guys: Thank you guys for coming, even though you guys got here like at 6, haha, I hoped you got some good matches in and learned a little. Definately fun playing all you guys...

Avlin: I hope you learned a lot foo, if you have the most fun playing Yoshi, than make him your best bro, keep practicing.

To my crew: Good sh** again guys, even though about half of us had sh** to do, we got some good matches in. I swear we are unstoppable, we got a fu**ing straight up all-star line-up, If the Elite 5 come to MLG SF, it's gonna be nothing but **** on Ken and Socal, fo REALZZZ...

Again, thanx to everone who came and thanx to everyone who pitched in for food, I'll see all you mother fu**ers at the next one or at MLG, Peace.....oUt.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
hmm...i wasnt counting the matches we played the first time I was over, but i lost all of those so maybe i do have 8 loses, but on saturday didnt we play 3 matches, one of which i won, then a while later we played 5 more, one of which i won again? I don't know...

NorCal pride tho eh?^_^

I'll be rooting for all norcal players at MLG SF...until you fight me, then I'll kill you....no i mean in the game...I'll kill you in the game.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Thanks GERM and DBR

First thing I'd like to thank GERM and the rest of the DBR crew for hosting this crazy awesome smashfest. 12 hours of straight smash has got to be funnest thing ever. I enjoyed playing everyone especially DBR. Also thanks Sheridan for the ride and again nice car :)

GERM - never seen or played against a Link like yours, all have to say is :eek: I wanted to play you more though.

Clod - good Falcon ditto matches, I thought I had you... so close yet so far. I didn't get to play you with my other characters. Do you play with any other characters other than Falcon? I definately want to get in more matches with you.

Bob Money - I think your advice about being more defensive is 100% right not just with Ganon but with all my characters. Everytime I'd approach you to attack, you'd just dodge or shield and retaliate and with a ganon its really obvious. I'll work on that. Your edgeguarding skills with Doc amazed me.

Mike Nasty - So much for my one man wrecking crew eh? You know I was being sarcastic when I said I was. Your Samus is truly "Nasty" but I'll be ready for next time. I don't know how I got you down to one stock with Roy and Fox but only down to 3 with my mains.

Sam - **** dude how much money did you win? I heard around $28, one of those dollars was mine and I want it back soo... how about a rematch? :p I don't care if I get 4 or 3 stocked again. Your Falco is definately the shiznit man.

Zelgadis - your Marth combos are crazy and the spacing of your tippers are precise. I'd like to get in more matches against your Fox, you blew me away with your shine combos. Your gonna have to give me some tips about Fox I'm gonna start him up in my lineup.

Simna - nice Ness, I watched your matches with the DBR members, from what I saw it shows that Ness can compete with the higher tier characters. That PK Flash edgeguarding was cool.

I'll post more later

Zoap

Smash Master
anothe one!!

**** ya germ u should do another one!! this time though my mom will be comin in broad daylight so she wont have to scream and yell at u on the phone lol. I got in so much trouble for so called bad directions i gave her but w/e. Pierre said he was thinkin maybe dbr could come over the week b4 mlg to his house so the bps and dbr can get loads of practice time in. Thx again Germ for hostin ^^. Sam peach counters falco lol.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Well I had fun! Sorry I didn't get to play all who wanted to play me, like Simna, sorry. Next time I'll sit at one TV and just have people come up. Anyway, Tired now, too much DOAU. I'll post more later.

Zoap

Smash Master
hey just made a new logo

hey just made new logo so up for criticism on it but it must be constructive and not degradin.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
that banner is sweeet Zoap has OLd school flavor I like it.
Zel that banner is uh....
you should put up your fire fox one:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Mike Nasty

Smash Cadet
hey zaop i dont care what you say about degrading advice
that banner looks g@y except for samus and maybe, maybe gannon other than those two characters you need to work on it lol, J/k but really though if you put a samus in a banner all the attention is going to be focused on her just because she is soooo fu(king tight and fun to watch

get sticky

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I think I left the power cable to my camera at your house GERM.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm back from my vacation in central cali. it was fun, i'm like a smash god there. now i'm back here where i'm average, oh well. i came back on the 9th, and i nearly cried when i found out you guys had the **** smash fest on the 8th! that sux i missed two in a row. but yeah DBR we're gonna definately have to play some time soon! maybe this weekend...or maybe next weekend. i dunno but the sooner the better. this week my crew will be official and we'll give out our name and all.

also AznSpikes: you live in daly right?? we need to have a DC tournament to see who the best crew is here. we only got 4 guys though, so kish rules 16 stock i guess. i might have a 5th member soon, but then again i might lose one of my guys i already got. everybody keep your eyes peeled, 2K5 is MY year, and i'll be handing out challenges to ALL nor cal crews.

Also i'll ditto anybody's Peach anytime. bring it.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
hey just made new logo so up for criticism on it but it must be constructive and not degradin.
I think you shold make it so that we can see the blue pheonix in the background more and I love how all of the characters are looking in all different directions and stuff =p

Yeah I had fun at the smashfest and it wasn't as crazy hectic like last time which is good and maybe next time u can go out two times for like more pizza, i'll chip in

Ender-your very funny and sorry about the dollar, i mean the last two games u won my link so i thought u would win again haha

Germ-seriously man i think we should play more 1v1's cus i think it would help the me and you the most even tho some other pl can do better against you than I can.

Jeffery Lou? I can't believe you go to washington hs, if you see my friend steven, say hi to him or something >_> yeah your good but but i think you shold work more on evasion

Sima the ness guy- d*** ur ness is good, i love to watch it do things i never thought possible, i like how u use the tail of the Up-B move to dmg and then come back to hit me. playing you is alot harder than it looks

Marthby-Your jig is good and the best part abuot it is u always manage to connect ur pound when it seems that im out of your reach, practice on ur b-airs tho

Zel-for some reason ur marth seems just as deadly as ur fox, im jealous ><

Mike Nasty-sorry about how YOU didn't get what you want like alot good $5 money matches so I'll $ match you next time for $5

Bob$$$-yeah i did get better >_> dont go to work next time!!

milk-yeah u shold use more projectiles, i think it'll help

uh-oh my school bell rang ok im out

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Nekurbis86
Marthby-Your jig is good and the best part abuot it is u always manage to connect ur pound when it seems that im out of your reach, practice on ur b-airs tho
WTF are you talking about?! I didnt go to GERM's LOLZ:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: You must be mistaking me for some other guy. Anyways thanks for the Jiggz compliment. ;) LOLZ

silentspectre

Smash Cadet
i had an excellent time at the smashfest. i'd like to thank germ for hosting and the rest of DBR. Also, i'd like to thank anyone i played.

GERM - yea, first link i played and geez its crazy. just too hard for me to beat. for only a couple matches, i learned alot.

Zelgadis - ur fox is the best fox i kno, mainly cuz ur always in control. usually i dont kno half of the things my fox does. had a great time playing u.

Mike Nasty - i got owned by u for a few rounds. u sure kno how to make samus last for a very long time. maybe ill money match u next time.

Clod-Zero - heh, ur falcon just better than mine. not much else to say. i hope my falcon will become good like urs someday.

Bob Money - had alot of chances playing u. yea, ur doc is very hard to get to and u have a great sense in the game. next time for sure, ill money match u.

Kurtis - umm, just to clear things up, my last name is leung. u might be refering to lau (aka the vgames winner). anyways i had probably the best time playing u. though u may have been 4th in vgames and i was somewhere in the middle, it seemed like i outranked u by quite a bit. i kno ur shiek is better than mine, since i dont use shiek. congrats on winning some money matches.

Largo - heh, thanks for hanging with me for most of the time. ur shiek is good, but theres always room for improvement. at least u beat my marth once. it was fun playing teams with u.

Simna_ibn_Sind - had a great time playing ur ness. ur like the only ness player i kno and thats what makes u unique.

Ender - playing u in ffa was nice. didn't 1v1 u, but it was fun. ur fox is great. most likely better than mine.

Milk - yea, ur y. link was cool. sry if my falcon seemed devestating, but really its not that great (at least not now). keep up the good work.

forgot the rest of the name, but i remembered losing to a peach and that other asian guy that yelled alot. anyways, i have alot more to learn to be close to being stood as a challenge to every1 that beat me.

I think I know why your name is Silentspectre, cause you don't really say much,...at all
thats exactly y im silentspectre.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
continuation..if its a word

Kurtis - umm, just to clear things up, my last name is leung. u might be refering to lau (aka the vgames winner). anyways i had probably the best time playing u. though u may have been 4th in vgames and i was somewhere in the middle, it seemed like i outranked u by quite a bit.
I know for a fact in the beggining of the day i wasn't doing too well but it still woulda seemed that you are better than me =p
and that one guy that yells alot is Joseph, I'll tell him u said hi. if you realy had the most fun playing me, than we should really play alot more next time, and i'll try to put up more or a fight seriously

Sam-Yes that $ match for $1 was interesting, 3 very close games if you know what I mean wait WAS it 3? lol -.- but yeah....and I dont see how u can beat Zel's fox..not cool lol

KAWN- yeah i like ur falco, u shold play ur gaon against me tho, it'll prolly **** me

Marthby sorry LOL

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Nekurbis: Haha...that was my Jiggly, thanks though. Point taken about the b-airs. You got good skill with Sheik, I think you could u-air a little more at least against Jiggly.

Nights: IM me at SZalewski, I live in Santa Cruz, let's smash sometime. Germ lives in Concord, so I think there is marginal chance of having a smashfest in the Monterey Bay area.

Also there was one other Jiggly player there, I know your face but I space on your name, you were good too. Way to represent Jiggly, hella nobody plays her even though she turbo-owns. Except against Sheik and Marth.

NiGHTS05

Smash Rookie
hyuga, that totally sounds like a plan. we have to wait about a week before we can have a smash fest because one of my buddys is on a cruise. but when we do have a smash fest there will be about four of us coming.

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
Simna, Im definitely going on Sat. Hyuga, be there! Ill fight ur Jiggz and you fight mine! Not in a ditto tho, cuz I hate Jiggz dittos. I suck with Jiggz but Ill have a good one by Sat. LOLZ

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by SultanOfSamitude
who wants some ****in money matches
ill money match you again if GERM hosts another smashfest 1 week before mlg. I want my dollar back biznatch. I'll be ready next time ;)

SultanOfSamitude

Smash Journeyman
okay **** that. one dollar matches are out the window. 5+ please. while getting 4 stocked might be fun for you *****es, id rather play cpu's or trebor. haha suck that. anyway unless you actually want me to pay attention to the match, you will play me for more than 1 dollar. *****es.

and i quote: "donationssssss"

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Can we $match u for $1 after a $5 match?

Cause I may $400 money match u and be up $400 then go to the bank and deopsit it all...I may not have enough left...so are $1 matches good with u after a match with more money?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Originally posted by NiGHTS05
hyuga, that totally sounds like a plan. we have to wait about a week before we can have a smash fest because one of my buddys is on a cruise. but when we do have a smash fest there will be about four of us coming.
hey why don't you guys all make a crew? how close do you live? i think it sounds like a smashing idea. heh heh. nevermind.

anyways, speaking of crews....

CRUXIS IS COMING...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom