• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo World Smash Trailer

icymatt

Smash Lord
We won't be seeing another trailer for a while...maybe not until Spring/Summer.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I want more information about who's in (not new characters, some should be keep secret) what items are back etc etc. I guess time will tell all.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I just want them to take their time and get it right, we don't want SSBB to fall flat now do we?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
well, hopefully it will come out during summer, cuase thats when ill get my license to drive and i can get it my self lol, since my parents wont buy me one

red exodus you used the name i use in any game i play lol.
Lol, I came up with this name a while ago, it was supposed to be Red X(from Teen Titians) but then I found out what exodus meant so I made a combo.

Red (my favourite colour) + Exodus (a large immgration (like escaping from something)) = Red Exodus

I thought I was the only one who used Exodus as a name lol, oh well, now there can be an Exodus club :)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Just got back from abroad, and I was so pumped for new news, and there wasn't ANY. What a letdown *miffed*

But I did watch the trailer yet again, to try and reexcite myself after getting my hopes up on the plane. I noticed some interesting bits people may have missed.

In the final fight scene between Snake, Zamus, Meta Knight, and Wario on the Halberd stage:

--Meta Knight's USmash (2:07), a very rapid slash that goes twice over his head
--Wario's Midair Jump, a silly pirouette into the air
--And I'm sure this was mentioned already, but Meta Knight falls into a roll. Is this a new ability? Will it remove Wavedashing for good? He's fastfalling and just kinda... lands and rolls over the edge. This may be something tied into crawling as well.
--Zamus's Dash A has a long animation. She kinda runs into the air, then leans back and kicks. She also seems pretty speedy, with a ridiculously high midair jump.
--No idea if that's Zamus's fast fall, Down B, or Down A. It's a possibility that some Down A attacks are now forced fall, and not just floaty midair attacks (just look at Ganondorf's; his was pretty much a forced fall already). She falls into a crouch after using it, and it doesn't seem super flashy, so I'd doubt it being a Special.
--Snake begins by getting up, and we see Wario above him on fire. Earlier in the trailer, Snake tosses a grenade into the air and lets it fall on Pit; likely he just did the same here. He even crouched after throwing the grenade in the earlier part of the trailer. So there's his special attack in use once again...
--Snake is hit back by Zamus, then rebounds and leaps up with a midair kick. He then falls over Meta Knight, and does a Meteor attack into the ground. Ho-hum. He starts to do something cool when the scene fades out.

Star Fox stage:
--Starts out with it entering Cornerian orbit. Great Fox is in the bg, along with Arwings and Wolfens having a huge battle. There's laser fire in the background, and you can see the ships doing cool moves and, LOL, Barrel Rolls.
--It's hard to see what is going on when the camera pans around, but from what I can tell it's Mario, Pit, Fox, and Link fighting. Link does the Sword Spin, twice, and knocks Mario and Pit away. As it pans to the normal position, the scene shows Fox doing his dashing kick towards Link as Link rolls backwards (no bubble). Mario tosses a Fireball, and Pit hops in midair a few times.
--Fox dashing and backjumping; looks the same. New stance though (of course). At first I thought I heard him say "Kottake koi," which is the Japanese taunt. Hmm...

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I just want more new characters revealed. And more old characters, just so we can get them out of the way. Returning characters won't really be a surprise.....

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Just got back from abroad, and I was so pumped for new news, and there wasn't ANY. What a letdown *miffed*

But I did watch the trailer yet again, to try and reexcite myself after getting my hopes up on the plane. I noticed some interesting bits people may have missed.

In the final fight scene between Snake, Zamus, Meta Knight, and Wario on the Halberd stage:

--Meta Knight's USmash (2:07), a very rapid slash that goes twice over his head
--Wario's Midair Jump, a silly pirouette into the air
--And I'm sure this was mentioned already, but Meta Knight falls into a roll. Is this a new ability? Will it remove Wavedashing for good? He's fastfalling and just kinda... lands and rolls over the edge. This may be something tied into crawling as well.
--Zamus's Dash A has a long animation. She kinda runs into the air, then leans back and kicks. She also seems pretty speedy, with a ridiculously high midair jump.
--No idea if that's Zamus's fast fall, Down B, or Down A. It's a possibility that some Down A attacks are now forced fall, and not just floaty midair attacks (just look at Ganondorf's; his was pretty much a forced fall already). She falls into a crouch after using it, and it doesn't seem super flashy, so I'd doubt it being a Special.
--Snake begins by getting up, and we see Wario above him on fire. Earlier in the trailer, Snake tosses a grenade into the air and lets it fall on Pit; likely he just did the same here. He even crouched after throwing the grenade in the earlier part of the trailer. So there's his special attack in use once again...
--Snake is hit back by Zamus, then rebounds and leaps up with a midair kick. He then falls over Meta Knight, and does a Meteor attack into the ground. Ho-hum. He starts to do something cool when the scene fades out.

Star Fox stage:
--Starts out with it entering Cornerian orbit. Great Fox is in the bg, along with Arwings and Wolfens having a huge battle. There's laser fire in the background, and you can see the ships doing cool moves and, LOL, Barrel Rolls.
--It's hard to see what is going on when the camera pans around, but from what I can tell it's Mario, Pit, Fox, and Link fighting. Link does the Sword Spin, twice, and knocks Mario and Pit away. As it pans to the normal position, the scene shows Fox doing his dashing kick towards Link as Link rolls backwards (no bubble). Mario tosses a Fireball, and Pit hops in midair a few times.
--Fox dashing and backjumping; looks the same. New stance though (of course). At first I thought I heard him say "Kottake koi," which is the Japanese taunt. Hmm...
Welcome back Flip! By chance, just where where did you go? At any rate, you 're certainly very thorough with your observations - I must have seen that trailer 10,000 times and still didn't catch a good of all that, but then again I didn't watch it slow motion - I'm too impatient... But yeah - that just gets me that much more pumped for SSBB. A great service, as always.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Welcome back Flip! By chance, just where where did you go? At any rate, you 're certainly very thorough with your observations - I must have seen that trailer 10,000 times and still didn't catch a good of all that, but then again I didn't watch it slow motion - I'm too impatient... But yeah - that just gets me that much more pumped for SSBB. A great service, as always.
Costa Rica for two weeks; it was a course I took between semesters ;)

I was all pumped for some great reveals when I got back, and there was NOTHING. So I watched the trailers and made some hype myself :chuckle:

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
The question is, when are we going to be able to buy this game? Can't.. wait.. much... longer -_O.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Despite my having read every post in this thread at one point or another I forget if this has been mentioned but...oh well, I'm bored.

I remembered somehow that they showed some SSBB footage during the 2007 games montage trailer thingy so I decided to watch it again and came upon the realisation that the four seconds shown is all unique footage. So, for the sake of completeness, my observations on these little tidbits. (Each dash is different scene...if your not watching it already...)

-Opens with Link doing his neutral ground combo in the indoor castle stage.

-Then we Pikachu crawling with Kirby walking behind it on the Yoshi's Island stage (spring or summer phase, I'm guessing)

-Wario idle/about to do that back cracking thing he does in the official trailer on the supposed Battlefield

-Fox idle in the castle

-Snake idle on Shadow Moses

-Mario jumping on the supposed Battlefield during it's twilight phase

-On the supposed Battlefield: Wario dash attacking Pit (not completely sure if Pit's aerial tumble is from Wario's attack since both are in motion when the scene opens; maybe Pikachu attacked him) and Pikachu (Pit and Pikachu are sent flying in different directions which makes it hard to determine). Mario lands on a platform from offscreen and his fireball comes down shortly after which hits Wario who then gets hit by Pit (the attack is obscured by Wario and the contact graphic but it looks like it's more than one hit [like most of Pit's attacks]).

-Final scene on top of the castle under siege: ZSS does her standard frontflips...while moving backwards; she then does an aerial attack that involves two forward kicks similar to Ganondorf's aerial neutral A and then lands.

Pit is doing a backflip and then does his twirly move with his bow but misses Pikachu (more on that later), lands, and gets hit by Kirby's returning aerial backwards A (this done during Kirby's second jump).

Now for Pikachu (and the reason I made this post). Pikachu lands from being attacked (he's noticeably on his side for a few frames after landing) and then does the roll-from-lying-down-thingy to avoid Pit's attack...but rolls right off the edge and falls down and grabs on to the edge of the stage below. Not only is this roll faster than it would be in SSBM but it doesn't stop on the edge. A hidden gameplay tweek? I dunno. Just thought it was interesting and cool.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Devastilan, this is cool news and new news. I reckon you should make a thread with the same post. This video evidence seems to point towards faster rolls rather then wave dashing.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I also like the chunky sound effects for hits :)

Are you crazy?!?!?! That annoyed me soooo much. It's nothing like that in melee, and now its super uber stupid exagerated.

Imagine how stupid Luigis dash attack is gonna look when every lame little punch has a blinding explosioin of light and sound? Dumb, really really dumb.

It's just great how every little tiny hit has to have a giant flash of light like god himself delivered the blow, what stupidity, im SO pissed about this.

Are you crazy?!?!?! That annoyed me soooo much. It's nothing like that in melee, and now its super uber stupid exagerated.

Imagine how stupid Luigis dash attack is gonna look when every lame little punch has a blinding explosioin of light and sound? Dumb, really really dumb.

It's just great how every little tiny hit has to have a giant flash of light like god himself delivered the blow, what stupidity, im SO pissed about this.

You've obviously never played the original Super Smash Bros. for the N64,the sound effects are some of the more better features of smash.

The loud sound effects deliver a great hyperbole(And visual wise as well) that makes the battle sound fierce and comical.Would you rather hear a realistic punch,which sounds close to nothing?Even in movies,they provide loud sound effects for punch that seem unrealistic.
The fact of the matter is that the game is unrealisticand has numerous unrealistic features.

If you don't like it,just turn off the volume,or remove the sound effects feature like you can do in melee.Even still,i cant see why you are complaining about something as insignificant as a sound effect.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Realistic sounds for Brawl don't make it any better and I think it's worse. It doesn't make sense to put real sound in a game which is totally unreal.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
The sound effect I like the most is the "ping" sound from ness's fsmash, luigi's Up- B and Jigg's Rest. I hope they keep those in brawl.

The Darkness

Smash Cadet
Had you guys noticed that maybe Metaknight does a wavelanding at 2:09-2:12?? if that is true then wavedash maybe be in Brawl isnt it??

im sorry to bring back the classic topic of wavedash in brawl but i wanted to know if someone noticed this ^^

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You've obviously never played the original Super Smash Bros. for the N64,the sound effects are some of the more better features of smash.

The loud sound effects deliver a great hyperbole(And visual wise as well) that makes the battle sound fierce and comical.Would you rather hear a realistic punch,which sounds close to nothing?Even in movies,they provide loud sound effects for punch that seem unrealistic.
The fact of the matter is that the game is unrealisticand has numerous unrealistic features.

If you don't like it,just turn off the volume,or remove the sound effects feature like you can do in melee.Even still,i cant see why you are complaining about something as insignificant as a sound effect.
LOL I've never played smash classic? You people and your assumptions. I dont even own melee but I have been playing classic since the DAY IT CAME OUT.

And its not the SFX that bother me my friend. Its the hit lag

You do realize increased hitlag will totally ruin Brawl? Drill attacks are once again going to be WAY way overpowered and we would be seeing way too many boring Dair drills - up tilt combos like in classic.

Anyhow in melee's trailer there are overly loud sfx and a lot more hitlag than is in the actual game so Im hopeful that Brawl wont be inclined to up the hit lag. Melee's hitlag and sound effects are awesome I find, the moves hit quickly and the sound effects arent very loud for most attacks, and are rather loud for others (rest, falconpunch etc)

I do however prefer the explosion sound from classic smash, that was a GREAT sound. I hope it makes a return in brawl, throwing bombs with link on n64 was too fun for that huge ''BOOM!'' sound. But when every attack makes a huge giant flash and sound effect for each individual hit (once again, see drill attacks in classic melee) it will affect the gameplay in a negative fashion.

loll... never played SSB. Yeah, thats why I have like over 10 000 vs mode kills on my cartridge... :ohwell:

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I kinda liked it when it was over the top crazy noises like Kirby drill moves in 64 or Samus screw attack BAMBAMABAMABANGBANG that stuff was great... Then again I also like solid sounding hits like CF's knee... I dunno. I'm sure they'll do a great job on sounds.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I love that trailer.
Don't you though!? I like the music right around the part where Pit is just running across a stage and the camera is zooming in on him. Epic.

EDIT:

@ TRC

Yeah, it was pretty cool looking/sounding, as long as you don't get stuck in the hits like Smash 64... that would slow things way down. I think someone else said this before, but then you'd have a lot of slow boring drilling/up tilt combos. (I know you weren't talking about this exactly, but just sayin.)

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Yep. that looks amazing. I can't wait to test out fox, although I think his updated look is questionable; he doesn't look as "cool" as he does melee.

Pit looks like top tier material to me, and snake looks pretty good as well. I want to see the extent of pit's ability in the air.

ps. idle animations ftw.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I kinda liked it when it was over the top crazy noises like Kirby drill moves in 64 or Samus screw attack BAMBAMABAMABANGBANG that stuff was great..
Or perhaps the longest and most annoying, a good Mario Tornado. Get more than one person stuck in it at once and you have a wild-sounding combo with a big BANG to finish. I kinda want that back, but then I don't, as it could get too annoying at one point...

Top Bottom