• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo World Smash Trailer

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
did anyone notice the greatfox?, about 2:19 you can see it cruising in the background to the right, and it has the same look as before!. am i the last one to notice this?!

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
No, your not. There was some controversy that the stage was on the 'new' greatfox, but i and a few others noticed that the real one in the background. The ship they fight on is cooler than the new greatfox though. by far.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I can't believe I've seen form a few different people saying that Crawling is the new Wavedshing.... And Wwhat's even harder to believe is those who say it will probably be done the same way. How exactly are the two related in anyway? WDing was a glitch that broke SSBM (Before you guys say I'm a noob, yes I CAN WD and use it effectively in battles, but the games better without it) and crawling will most likely be a move people can use to move around while staying in a crouching positin. It leads me to believe that crouching will come into play more in Brawl, so people can have more options against projectile spammers.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Cant be bothered reading/looking this up, but during foxes little cameo im pretty sure Marth can be seen fighting in his white cape...

If this is old news then simply ignore me.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Lol Im actually hoping hes not in it.
I guess I mistook he wings for the cape.

xRedDeathx

Smash Cadet
Leonardtown, MD - Player Name: the Exodus (EXDS)
someone should post a theorectical movelist for all the characters we've seen so far...

ill do one for snake lol :laugh:

A Moves

neutral a
snakes cqc combo from MGS2. two punches then a jumping roundhouse kick 1:30

Up tilt
strange upwardkick where snake shoots his leg straight upwards. knocks enemies up and forwards a bit, and seems to have little lag 1 : 38

Forward aerial
mabye just my speculation, but i believe this is snakes fair. similar to his up tilt, but he instead brings the leg down on his opponents head. seems like an excellent set up, although it could just be staged. and it has a little bit of start up lag 1 : 32

Downwards aerial
snake does a quick tap downwards with both feet, similar to falcons spike in SSB, but he doesnt hold his legs out as long. 1 :57

Forward tilt/smash
1 : 33ish
this move confuses me.the attack is a standing knee, followed by a double handed downward strike (like hes bringing downa hammer). now, im not sure, but this could either be a forward tilt with EXTREMELY low endlag followed by snakes forward smash, or a forward smash similar to links with two possible hits. just my theories though.

Down Smash
now, some say this may be his down tilt, but i am sure it is his smash. snake pulls out an RPG launcher, and shoots it downward towards the ground. i think its a smash, becusae you can hear the clicking sound that comes from chargeing smashes in melee, and it seems really laggy for a downtilt. 1 : 40

Taunt /idle animation
snake scratches his chin like hes in deep thought. 2 :06

anyways, thats all if seen so far, but if anyone has anything to add, feel free to tell me. also, these are my ideas about snakes attacks so feel free to disagree with me ;)

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or does Metaknight wavedashes out if Kirby's attack and counter?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here is a list of what some of the oppenents attacks are. If you disagree with my analysis do not hesitate to share your opinions on the matter.

Metaknight

A: Rapid slashes with Galaxia

Toward A: Two forward slashes, last slash looks like an uppercut that sends oppenent into the air; looks similar to Metaknight's aerial toward A

Up A: Quick slice upwards

Dash A: Runs forward and then does a dashing kick with a metal boot similar to Kirby's dash A from the original smash

Aerials

Back A: Reverse slash followed by two additonal slashes

Forward A: Two forward slashes

Down A: One quick slice below his legs

Neutral A: Spins around like a ball with his sword sticking out

Metaknight has multiple jumps. He can glide which is either a jump ability similar to Peach's or (what I think) his Up B which gives him phenomanal horizantal recovery with virtually no vertical recovery. He has can wrap his cape around him to go invisbile. Either a shield or special move.

Pit

A,A: Two blade swipes

AAA: Constant flury of blades

Smash A: Leans up on toes and spins his blades above his head

Aerial

Up A: Spins the bow blades in a horizantal circle above his head like a chopper blade

Forward A: Leans forward, arms streched out and body horizantal, and does one forward slash

Nuetral A: Spins his bladed bow in front of his body

Pit has multiple jumps. He can shoot an arrow. Probably a special move.

WARIO

Dash A: Wario slides on his fat stomach forward with his giant hands splayed on the floor and his rear arched upward.

Toward A: Hard to see, but on Pit's stage (with the breaking platforms and clouds and in the part where people think he is doing a wavedash backwards) he throws an arm forward and either a punch or as if he is pointing a finger at them.

Smash A or perhaps special: Wario winds up his fist and then skates forward on a purple elf shoe with his large fist aimed forward. Although he does wind his fist up like DK's special I think this is just to differentiate the punch from his toward A which seems to be a less flashy punch.

Up A: Wario pushes upwards with both hands above his head.

Nuetral Aerial A: Wario does a sex kick like Mario.

Back Aerial A: Wario does a backward headbutt. Motion looks similar to Bowser's back A in the air and Wario even lands on his back if he is close to the ground.

Alright, if I left anything out post about it. Or if you have any

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Dash A: Runs forward and then does a dashing kick with a metal boot similar to Kirby's dash A from the original smash
If you don't mind my nitpicking...I believe you mean this move:

This looks just like Kirby's forward smash from the first two SSB games. Kirby's dash in SSB looked like Mario's (it was based his sliding move in the Kirby series).

AAA: Constant flury of blades
Is this the move he does in the character montage part of the trailer? Just wondering...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Yes. I do not think that is a smash because in the second trailer near the end (I think the scene where Zamus does a quick downward move in the air) Metaknight runs at someone and does this move.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Yes. I do not think that is a smash because in the second trailer near the end (I think the scene where Zamus does a quick downward move in the air) Metaknight runs at someone and does this move.
I thought of it being a smash attack due to the smoke on his legs, but then again, no one knows for sure

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
did anyone notice the greatfox?, about 2:19 you can see it cruising in the background to the right, and it has the same look as before!. am i the last one to notice this?!
I hope this stage is the new Great Fox level, because Corneria and Sector Z were some of my favorite levels. I'd be cool if it worked like the Halberd level, you start at the docks of the Great Fox on a platform, you launch up on the platform for a little bit, the Great Fox picks you up for a while, rinse and repeat.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I thought of it being a smash attack due to the smoke on his legs, but then again, no one knows for sure
The smoke just signifies him moving fast. Most dashes contain a puff of smoke. I think its a dash because in the video Metaknight (the last fight scene right before Fox shows up) runs after Wario and in a smooth motion lunges forward with his boot. Afterwards he does a quick slash up with his sword. Definately seems like a dash

Plus it would be a good reference to Kirby's old dash in the original Smash. Although Metaknight's looks much cooler. He is wearing steel boots.

icymatt

Smash Lord
on ign says that brawl releases in japan the 12/31/06. thats a error isn't it??? :)
It's not an error. They're just posting the latest date possible so no one can say they made them think the game was coming out earlier than it did.

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
I'm 99% sure all characters have idle animations now. They don't just stand there when you're not moving them.. Badass.

At :58 either Metaknight has an extremely badass roll, like mewtwos, or that is a wd..
No, he definetly wavedashes, lol, look really closely, you can see him hop off the ground, and then he appears behind Kirby, and continues to anally penetrate kirby.

Although, the way they have MK position, he could have a mewtwo roll, but for now, I'm going to convince myself it's a WD. ^.~

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Is it me, or were almost all of the levels in the trailer just platforms with movies as backgrounds?

Final Destination + Valkyrie, or something.

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
One thing I noticed is that Fox has what looks like a proximity mine. Perhaps that will be used in a new attack? Maybe some other SF:A weapons will be used too?

And the Great Fox in the background is exactly like it was in Melee. I would think they would make it look like the SF:A One.

My idea of that stage it that Arwings will be shooting and flying around, and you switch back and forth between being on the great fox and being on whatever ship the trailer shows (which are in combat) by jumping on the Arwings as they fly back and forth. But the ships are shooting at each other, and if you get hit you get a 1 hit KO. As well as smaller lasers from the Arwings. That would be an awesome stage.
All while entering and exiting the atmosphere... That would be about the best stage ever for smash.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I found a good explanation for why Wario moves all herky-jerky:

"This time, the Wario you know from the "WarioWare" series makes an appearance.
In trying to embody the flavor of the original game, we've aimed to give him some rather...excessive movements.
What does that mean, you ask? You'll just have to wait and see."
~from Wario's profile on www.smashbros.com

Sakurai told us a while ago, apparently, that Wario would be moving that way to keep the feel of fast-paced button mashing and last minute finger jerking from Wario Ware. So yeah, we were all mostly right in our guesses, but we also could have noticed that it was coming.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
No, he definetly wavedashes, lol, look really closely, you can see him hop off the ground, and then he appears behind Kirby, and continues to anally penetrate kirby.

Although, the way they have MK position, he could have a mewtwo roll, but for now, I'm going to convince myself it's a WD. ^.~
I am not a flamer when I call you a ******. That was a roll. If you're not a noob then you hould know that rolling as of now is worthless. Why not make rolling better?
...noob

InfiniteFalco1337

Smash Cadet
Yes Zamus does seem to fight like sheik, Metaknight attacks are extra fast, probly do like 2 damage each if his attacks do a good amount of damage each, he will be broken, snake had the moveset that i thought he would have. Fox's moveset will will have different B moves and possible that his A moves will be different too.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Zamus didn't even fight in the trailer all she did was cycle through her pistol modes and do a backflip, what are you talking about?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can't remember, I'll have to watch it again, I still don't remember her actually fighting.

Top Bottom