• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo World Smash Trailer

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
it would appear the marios tornado is more like ylinks up B... hopefully, since the tornado is pretty crappy in melee...

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yes, FireBomb, it definitely could get annoying... kind of like how y-link's up B doesn't exactly make for great combos, or exciting high level play.

You just have to sit there and wait for it to end in most cases. Even if you are doing it to someone else, you can't fool yourself into thinking you have any great fighting skill... they basically can't even DI out of it most of the time. It's better when each hit was landed do to skill at timing them.

(That said, there's probably some exceptions, and yes, it almost seems like Mario's drill/tornado is almost useless other than rising a bit while coming back to the ledge with it.)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man thats one sweet vid. I loved all of it! Is it me, or does Kirby look sorta almost cel-shaded, and he looks better than the E3 (1st) trailer? Pickachu also looks a tad bit better in the 2nd trailer. Snakes gubn looks sweet, same with the cool new crouching feature (hopefully everyone has that and wall jumps)!

The music is great, and I finally actually like the sound effects. It all sounds beautiful, and Nintendo finally almost caught up in the graphics category! I was surprised by the graphics (yae Link's left handed again)! Fox looks lighter, and a bit taller, maybe because he's older in Assault and Armada, as oppose to Star Fox 64.

Also Snake looks great, Mario's tornado spin actually looks good (*cough* weak in melee!), and I actually can't wait to play as a pokemon other than Mewtwo, Pickachu no doubt (it's kinda scary). Pit and MK=needed swordsman, and look awsome! Wario and Snake look like the best newcomers in my eyes, though!

The sound, music, graphics, and looks of the game looks great, but the real star is always the gameplay! Even the "chunky" sound effects that relpace the somewhat irritating old sound effects. Look Futuristic, and so much better than SSBM, I seriously can't wait, then again, who can wait? I love everything about it, except the fact it isn't out yet!:) :) :)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
From what I saw, it looks, sounds, and plays great!
I also saw MN's sword combos and thats awesome... I believe Mario has a new up A attack as well...

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Copy Pasted from my thread:

I was looking for stuff in the Nintendo World trailer, and I found something! Look just at about 1:54-55. Snake does a teeny hop and then moves his feet quickly up and down. I already searched for "short-hopping," so sorry if this has been dicovered already. I shall now continue my search for stuff.

EDIT - Just incase the trailer you are watching doesn't make sense because of a different movie length, I was watching this one at 1:54: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM9OF62ICUE

Chepe

Smash Lord
Kirby short hops to attack Mario and Pikachu too you know...

Why do many people act like short hopping is a mechanism that had a chance of being removed? Seriously, it was programmed in as intentionally as rolling was since the very first Smash! It wasnt a fanmade discovery like wavedashing or L-canceling...

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Because we hope that it will be the same for other advanced techs? I dunno, you're right though, I wouldn't doubt it being in here. Same for l-cancelling.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
I know, I meant I wouldn't doubt other advanced techs (such as l-cancelling and other things put intentionally in there in melee) existing in Brawl.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Maybe an L-Cancel, maybe not. It could be that its just less laggy (its not that laggy in Melee even, is it?). Hard to tell since he doesn't attack afterwards.

Anyone considered that Fox's device on his belt is just a thing for making his reflector, and not a mine or anything like that? Its the same color as the reflector, and a similar shape. Might be that they've decided to add some visual device rather than making him a "magical creature that can conjure a reflective field from nothing". Its possible his moveset will remain practically unchanged as well. Almost all his attacks are kicks, and having a gun out shouldn't make much difference with that.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I always thought that thing was his reflector. I don't know why they put the gun in Fox's hands, but he's the first character to weild a gun all the time. Samus doesn't count since it's built on.

Fox'll be pistol whippin' some scrubs! Word!

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Since the game is not even announced it yet, it is possible at the time of this trailer, that the character animations weren't complete. Thus any "L-canceling" seen is probably a result of that.

I mean, look at Wario. He moves like Mr. Game and Watch.

And I agree, that thing looks like his reflector. If you look at his hands in SSBM, he looks almost like he's concentrating on about the same area on his belt, too.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Wario's movements are entirely on purpose. Go play a Wario Ware game and watch the opening movies.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
hmmm, some things i just noticed about the second trailer.....

after watching it so much, a can't belive that i missed these.....so maby a couple other poeple did too....

(sry if this was already pointed out, but I'm not reading 47 pages)

-around 52 - 54 seconds into the video, when metaknight is "Pwnswrding" wario (lol) there is a moon moving through the sky in the backround

-around 2:12-2:14, Z-Samus does an airborn move that seems very similar to captain Falcon's, and Ganondorf's B down air (without the fire, dark etc)

nothing majorly important....just hard to spot....

The Director

Smash Lord
it is possible at the time of this trailer, that the character animations weren't complete.
This could be very true, although Wario's movements in the trailer fit his character perfectly.

This trailer was released a little over 5 months ago...a lot could have changed since then. Hell, for all we know some of these stages could have been taken out or modified greatly.

BentoBox

Smash Master
IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THAT YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN ANALYZING a 2:40MINS FOOTAGE FOR OVER 5 MONTHS NOW?

MAYBE?

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
If there keeping the advanced techniques such as wavedashing and the others, they might aswell put them into the computers AI making most players want to learn how to do it, thus, creating more competition and better battles online. :)

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
That's because the sheer idea that the short hop is an advanced technique is just foolish.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
If there keeping the advanced techniques such as wavedashing and the others, they might aswell put them into the computers AI making most players want to learn how to do it, thus, creating more competition and better battles online. :)
The computers definitely need more levels, I find it hard to practice by myself even against high tier characters. They always manage to kill themselves, level 9's play like newbies, they need to fix that.

D

Deleted member

AI is not just an SSB problem. With every fighting game it's better to fight real people than the computer, the computer just sucks in that respect.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I know, but I wish in every fighting game they would have better AI, they could at least try to dodge mines instead of walking straight into them. Hopefully the AI will be much better, either way I will be playing it with friends.

GenG

Smash Lord
AI is not just an SSB problem. With every fighting game it's better to fight real people than the computer, the computer just sucks in that respect.
Unless you are talking about a SNK fighting game boss (like Rugal), which can predict your moves by reading your pad. These guys are maximum rapeage.

nuro

Smash Lord
it would appear the marios tornado is more like ylinks up B... hopefully, since the tornado is pretty crappy in melee...
Actually, the combo Mario does on Link in the trailer can be done in melee. I was able to make a combo look exactly like the trailers. You just need to have link at around 40% and do u-tilt, u-smash, and jump next to Link and down B. The trick is to press down-b repeatedly fast so you stay floating in the air.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HEHE, still love the ending to the Nintendo World Trailer and E3 Trailer=totally awsome! Mario's Mario Tornado looks like a upgraded version of his SSB64 Mario Tornado, vs. the sorta downgraded version in SSBM. Seriously, I hope we get to see Mario's Bup in a third trailer!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Your sig is referring to me huh.
Lol=No, it is a joke sorta, from this time I met this overconfident punk (not named Creo). He told me he'd own me like a noob, and well, the sig explains the story. My link uber owned his Mario! I don't know why I randomly remember this (it happened like 3 years ago), but it is awsome=I actually like my sig now! :laugh: :) :cool:

Top Bottom