• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo World Smash Trailer

Zink

Smash Champion
It's hard to classify it. It's a bit specialized for a smash, but a B move would require aiming, and it's too slow for a tilt.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
The same reason Link's DSmash isn't a bow and arrow , it just doesn't make sense. And I believe everyone's D Smash strikes both sides of them.

SMRPG1

Smash Cadet
Well I haven't been able to comment on the trailer on here since I'm not around a whole lot.

We have 5 of the original 12 characters returning that we know of. More will probably come.

Anyways it was a goos trailer. The new stages look good. One I thought could of been Pit's. Sad we didn't get to see any other returning characters or any new for that matters.

Crawling looks alright. I guess if Adventure Mode returns they could add it into it.

Production for it looks like it's going well.

Snakes attack is a D-smash.I know because:

1.When you hear Mario do his F-smash,you hear a click noise that means your about to unleash your attacks.

2.When snake used the RPG,it made a click noise before the attack.

Put the two together.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
*******, you caught me!

I just can't see someone whipping out a rocket lancher to be there smash attack. It HAS to be a B move. Plus it takes way to long to be a Smash. His F Smash and U Smash are both physical hits, so his D probably will be also.

zerodownhm

Smash Apprentice
I still don't see the point to try and figure out which button you need to press to make a move you saw on a trailer... what will be accomplished once you figure out which button should be pressed?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I still don't see the point to try and figure out which button you need to press to make a move you saw on a trailer... what will be accomplished once you figure out which button should be pressed?
The whole point of the forum is to discuss the game. What you said is like saying you don't see the point of finding any new characters, or elements to brawl.

zerodownhm

Smash Apprentice
The whole point of the forum is to discuss the game. What you said is like saying you don't see the point of finding any new characters, or elements to brawl.
No no no, I'm just trying to understand...

I support discussing and finding new characters and stuff, for example, we see a trailer and we see X character throwing a flying kick, we come here and we talk about it, how cool it is, is it new move, was it good, bad, etc... cause from the trailer we can say these things, what good is it to spend 5 pages debating if its a B or A move when in the end it could be someone hasn't even mentioned? thats what I don't understand, why spend so much space and time on something that once you assume(cause you won't be sure until release) that you figured out will have accomplished nothing...

Its like all these character threads, Nintendo already has their roster of characters, so I don't understand all these topics that say things like "if you support X character come here" or "X character for brawl" etc...

Again, I'm just trying to understand, I love the game just as much as you guys, but you're going insane over this and that won't help bring the game any sooner...

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
No no no, I'm just trying to understand...

I support discussing and finding new characters and stuff, for example, we see a trailer and we see X character throwing a flying kick, we come here and we talk about it, how cool it is, is it new move, was it good, bad, etc... cause from the trailer we can say these things, what good is it to spend 5 pages debating if its a B or A move when in the end it could be someone hasn't even mentioned? thats what I don't understand, why spend so much space and time on something that once you assume(cause you won't be sure until release) that you figured out will have accomplished nothing...

Its like all these character threads, Nintendo already has their roster of characters, so I don't understand all these topics that say things like "if you support X character come here" or "X character for brawl" etc...

Again, I'm just trying to understand, I love the game just as much as you guys, but you're going insane over this and that won't help bring the game any sooner...
It's called "passing the time." It's fun and it's why we love this game so much. It matters to us because we think it matters.

90% of our ideas won't even be considered in Brawl, and most of us know it. The difference is we're doing it for fun, because that's why we come here. We all know our picks for Brawl are pretty unlikely, but we do it anyway. It's amusement.

This post is just reminding me of an old man walking in on a bunch of teens playing Smash.

"What the hell are you kids doing!?"
"...having fun?"
"Why would staring at a box pressing buttons be fun!?"

Xelyst

-_-
their lowering my optimism towards the game by adding freeze frames... but I wont pass judgment... I'll just wait and play.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been said, but I just noticed it in the trailer:

Towards the end, when they show everyone doing a litle 2 seconds pose or watever, they show a battle on Metaknight's level. In the fight, we see Metaknight dash to the right side and does eithwer an U tilt or an U smash. Pause it on that frame when he does it and you'll see that he has INCREDIBLE range on that move. So possibly Metaknight will have some crazy hitboxes for his attacks.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
What is the point of sitting in front of your computer, asking us what the point of discussing something is?

Who cares, let us chat. ;)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Anyone think that they will release anymore trailers before the big debut?
Well...there is one more Nintendo World event on the 22nd. However, since the second event didn't have anything, this one probably won't either. But...it is the last event. And it's in Tokyo which means it'll have the most people (it's in the same building that TGS is held in every year and that had record high attendence this year) and also the game is being made in Tokyo and Mr. Sakurai lives in Tokyo so there's a chance he may make an appearance. So, you never know.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Well...there is one more Nintendo World event on the 22nd. However, since the second event didn't have anything, this one probably won't either. But...it is the last event. And it's in Tokyo which means it'll have the most people (it's in the same building that TGS is held in every year and that had record high attendence this year) and also the game is being made in Tokyo and Mr. Sakurai lives in Tokyo so there's a chance he may make an appearance. So, you never know.
I doubt anything's going to happen in Nintendo World from here on out. We got our trailer, and unless Sakurai wanted to make statements (Which is doubtful) then he's probably just going to kick back and continue tinkering with Smash.

I just don't see Nintendo World having two giant press releases back-to-back.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I haven't noticed them in the trailer. Could someone tell me a specific point in the trailer when freeze frames are shown?

JPW

Smash Ace
i reckon there wont be another trailer till next year. Maybe at the new E3.
If there is it could just be showing us Fox and his moves, and really maybe Yoshi as the next character. I reckon they could do that in a matter of days. They probably had that set up before due to demand.

My best bet is just an announcement. Such as "Things are going good." lol.

Nah honestly I would like him to confirm the original 12.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Well, considering the new E3 won't happen until July...I think they'll have one ready a little earlier than that.

NES_Ninja

Smash Rookie
Well, if anyone ever had doubts about the Wii's graphical capabilities, I think this game will put their worries to rest..

Own3dGuerO

Smash Apprentice
Well, if anyone ever had doubts about the Wii's graphical capabilities, I think this game will put their worries to rest..
Yeah definately.
The new models and design for Link and Mario can shut anyone up about Nintendo being last with gameplay graphics.

Looks as if it runs very smooth with all that.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Which is still behind the 360 and PS3 :p. I'm far from being a graphic ***** but the fact is, Nintendo currently doesn't provide much when compared to its competition. I have yet to see GoW run on Gamecube 2.0.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
graphic whores are a bunch of self-centered superficial people. america loves top quality in everything, thus americans = graphic whores = ps3. lol.

really, Wii has about 1.5x that of Xbox, realistically. The graphics are **** good enough to satisfy everyone, because just look at the beauty of TP. Smooth and elegant. It's no Gears of War [can't abbrev., same abbrev. as God of War, lol], but it's d*** good enough and truthfully, you don't need graphics much better. there's a point where it becomes meaningless.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
graphic whores are a bunch of self-centered superficial people. america loves top quality in everything, thus americans = graphic whores = ps3. lol.

really, Wii has about 1.5x that of Xbox, realistically. The graphics are **** good enough to satisfy everyone, because just look at the beauty of TP. Smooth and elegant. It's no Gears of War [can't abbrev., same abbrev. as God of War, lol], but it's d*** good enough and truthfully, you don't need graphics much better. there's a point where it becomes meaningless.
psst... TP was made for the GC. It is technically a port.

JPW

Smash Ace
I think TP was made more for Wii that's why it took 2 to 3 years. (Maybe more then that, IGN says 4, i'm not too sure.) Honestly I doubt it could be a port with all the fix ups and changes and everything for the control scheme.

But moving on
It's not just Americans that care about graphics its Aussies too.
I'm being excited about the Wii. And my friend at work goes "just wait till the PS3 is out cause it's going to blow them all away."
And another mate(one of the managers) there is supporting the X360, trying to get me into Halo, talking about graphics and how cool it is.
Thankfully my comebacks are
"If that was the case, then the DS wouldn't be kicking the PSP's ***."
"At least Nintendo is still making money."
I always have to explain the second one thoroughly though.

I feel so alone, everyone I know supports X360 or PS2/PS3. My only supporters are on Forums. It's funny how you see all these Ninty supporters on forums yet out in the open you don't see squat.

Top Bottom