• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

peek_a_choo

Smash Rookie
meowkitten, i have no time for people who play ONLINE SSB64. it isnt the way the game was intended to be played. i was referring to a intercontinental smash brothers tournament on an actual N64, which would require players travelling to a host country, a true sign of dedication to the game (note to American players, you might have to actually unwedge yourselves from your chairs for this one). In Worthing we became bored of playing 100% 2,3,4 or 5 stock simply because once you get to a certain level you can TKO with combo's so easily. on 200% it rules this impossible and means you can distance players from yourself and fight on a totally different level. Before slating us you should also see what we have done to the game, which shows our dedication to the game (pics and videos to follow).
We have brought the fun back into this game and even though our methods are radical, they are advanced. How can you possibly improve on your current abilities unless you play with different settings?? Discuss..........

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
meowkitten, i have no time for people who play ONLINE SSB64. it isnt the way the game was intended to be played. i was referring to a intercontinental smash brothers tournament on an actual N64, which would require players travelling to a host country, a true sign of dedication to the game (note to American players, you might have to actually unwedge yourselves from your chairs for this one). In Worthing we became bored of playing 100% 2,3,4 or 5 stock simply because once you get to a certain level you can TKO with combo's so easily. on 200% it rules this impossible and means you can distance players from yourself and fight on a totally different level. Before slating us you should also see what we have done to the game, which shows our dedication to the game (pics and videos to follow).
We have brought the fun back into this game and even though our methods are radical, they are advanced. How can you possibly improve on your current abilities unless you play with different settings?? Discuss..........
I'm not going to bash or make fun of you... but unless you prove yourself here in this forum or on kaillera there would be no reason why people would consider your ways.

I'm not going to travel and spend money on something that might leave me disappointed; especially since: we don't know you guys, you all just gangbanged the forum with this random idea out of thin air and nothing that was mentioned here seems to be exceiting (no offence).

I can go on for hours on why this won't pass here...
Anyways you say you don't have time to play online and yet you have the time to travel all over the world and play Ping Pong Smash...

foxy boy

Smash Rookie
Smash Bros UK

I join this forum to join my brothers from Worthing, UK. (red link, green link, pikachu).

yer we went through that phase of playing on 100%, 5 stock. but ya know, prefered something with a bit more excitment.

Playing with 100% gives you chance upon chance to get back in to the level and get back at your opponent. 200% means you have to concentrate double hard and perfect your play OR YOUR OUT. Thats how we handle things in UK lads....

See you at Hyrule...

Fox mccloud

foxy boy

Smash Rookie
I join this forum to join my brothers from Worthing, UK. (red link, green link, pikachu).

yer we went through that phase of playing on 100%, 5 stock. but ya know, prefered something with a bit more excitment.

Playing with 100% gives you chance upon chance to get back in to the level and get back at your opponent. 200% means you have to concentrate double hard and perfect your play OR YOUR OUT. Thats how we handle things in UK lads....

See you at Hyrule...

Fox mccloud

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace

See you at Hyrule...

Fox mccloud
Lol, noob, I'll beat you anyways **** head.

... Noob...

P.S. You are noob, K thx bai!

Thino

Smash Master
meowkitten, i have no time for people who play ONLINE SSB64. it isnt the way the game was intended to be played. i was referring to a intercontinental smash brothers tournament on an actual N64, which would require players travelling to a host country, a true sign of dedication to the game (note to American players, you might have to actually unwedge yourselves from your chairs for this one).
lurk more. Smashtalty tourney in New Jersey often features SSB64 , all players in the world can attend if they want to.

In Worthing we became bored of playing 100% 2,3,4 or 5 stock simply because once you get to a certain level you can TKO with combo's so easily.
depends on who you playing against , there in worthing.

on 200% it rules this impossible a
its actually easier. On Hyrule backthrow + edgeguard = -1 stock for Link

and means you can distance players from yourself and fight on a totally different level.
you have to actually approach your opponent to get a KO. projectiles help but cant KO.

Before slating us you should also see what we have done to the game, which shows our dedication to the game (pics and videos to follow).
you have changed the settings from 100% to 200% which doesnt show any dedication whatsoever
.only videos are fine , we have nothing to do with pics

We have brought the fun back into this game
who said the fun was gone?

though our methods are radical, they are advanced.
you should consider your method different , not advanced , unless you prove us it is
How can you possibly improve on your current abilities unless you play with different settings?? Discuss..........
then how about you guys try going to an actual tourney 100% 5 stocks , win , then everyone would accept your abilites with normal settings are superior , before changing to 200%?

Playing with 100% gives you chance upon chance to get back in to the level and get back at your opponent.
have you ever heard about edgeguard?

200% means you have to concentrate double hard and perfect your play OR YOUR OUT. Thats how we handle things in UK lads....

See you at Hyrule...

Fox mccloud
from what Ive played , it makes me grab more and concentrate on moves I would consider cheap or laggy with 100% (DK uair,DownB Links UpB , Pika's Thunder ,Luigi's tornado).:laugh:

Nephiros

Smash Ace
stfu moogle, 200% is much better to make your combos perfect for when you switch back to 100%

craiigg

Smash Lord
LOL get to TNJ2 on Saturday we'll test you. IF MEOW DIDNT SUCK AND ISNT GOING ANYMORE >_>
but yeah, lol.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Honestly us American players aren't going to unwedge ourselves from anything. You guys suck. We have the better players, you can come to us if you want to, or you can just simply continue playing your other really ****ty friends at this game. I've played at 200% before and it's just really stupid and luck based, so please don't bring up that stupid bull**** about not trying your so called "advanced ways" because I have and they suck, just like you. If you want to unwedge yourselves from each other and buy seperate plane tickets to come play some of us, feel free.

greenblob

Smash Lord
The rules of competition lie on a fine balance. You must minimize luck yet at the same time really punish for each mistake that is made, at the same time allowing for some combacks. Your 200% rules do really punish for each mistake, but makes it so that luck is a huge factor. With damage set at 200%, single medium hits can end up being kills from 0%. Also, 200% damage neutralizes edgeguarding, combos (don't pretend that REAL combos exist at 200%), projectiles, etc.
The current standard (5 stock 100%) displays this balance. Getting a few lucky hits means almost nothing (especially since most of the time they'll be sex kicks or something that doesn't combo well and there are 5 stocks to buffer for anything major), mistakes are easily punished with combos (many of which take off a stock), and numerous zero-death combos allow for amazing comebacks.
No offense (to either party), but you guys kinda sound like the Master Hand/Crazy Hand guy on Kaillera. He created his own "Event 50" with strange rules (different damage, items, he gets to play as Master Hand/Metal Mario/Giant DK and such, for some reason Kirby, Yoshi, Fox, and a bunch of other characters are banned). No one takes him seriously and few people want to play him.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
metroid speaks the truth. we smoke marlboro reds and take our whiskey straight from the bottle. we like our coffee the way we like our women, black and proud. because we are american cowboys.

i never got a reply to my last post. that money match offer still stands.

p.s.- we also eat rattle snakes, raw, for breakfast. we are the epitome of bad ***.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
m3gav01t how can coffee be proud?

Lol.

Foxy boy... no one says "join" twice in the same clause. Lol.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
so many long posts; dont wanna read it all

how about you come to the USA, pro British guys? all the top players reside here anyway
a bunch of unknowns shouldn't be telling the higher reigns to lower themselves to go to your place
traveling that far for some weird guys thinking they're any good isn't dedication of any sort
it's just stupid if you think that's dedication

reading just 1-2 lines of your posts is starting to make me think
WTF STFU GTFO POS

"Before slating us you should also see what we have done to the game, which shows our dedication to the game (pics and videos to follow)."
- Then where are they?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
metroid speaks the truth. we smoke marlboro reds and take our whiskey straight from the bottle. we like our coffee the way we like our women, black and proud. because we are american cowboys.

i never got a reply to my last post. that money match offer still stands.

p.s.- we also eat rattle snakes, raw, for breakfast. we are the epitome of bad ***.

I like your style of thinkin pardner.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Wait I want to see their videos lol.

Btw Meow, are these guys' IPs legit addresses around the same area in Britain?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Honestly us American players aren't going to unwedge ourselves from anything. You guys suck. We have the better players, you can come to us if you want to, or you can just simply continue playing your other really ****ty friends at this game. I've played at 200% before and it's just really stupid and luck based, so please don't bring up that stupid bull**** about not trying your so called "advanced ways" because I have and they suck, just like you. If you want to unwedge yourselves from each other and buy seperate plane tickets to come play some of us, feel free.
Wow......W00T! Go M3tr01D! W00T!

*Fans go crazy*

valoem

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed a problem on smashboards and that is we hate cocky people. That is the wrong attitude. Cocky scrubs are the best because they are willing to put down money. If these people are fakes (ip spammers or ips dont match uk ip) then by all means closes this thread, however if they are legit then look, we just brought in 3 or 4 new smashers.

Lets be honest, smash 64 isnt all that popular anymore we need all the people we can get. The melee community may not need, however we do.

I was the one who told meow kitty to reopen this thread because I think that these people don't mean any harm and are nothing more than cocky scrubs. Therefore closing this thread would discourage newcomers. Now if they played meow kitty, for example since he lives in the UK, he would probably school them maybe earn some cash. Then these people would see the next level and maybe want to get better since they must play alot if they are posting here. They'll probably start joining some tournaments and then there you have it we expanded the community.

So meow check their ips and if they are not legit i apologize for suggesting that this thread be reopened. However based on the sakurai post i think they are for real.

All in all we need to be more scrub friendly :).

felix45

Smash Lord
@brittish idiots - you do realize by putting 200% on you make the game even more broken yes? it is fact, everyone knows SSB is broken because of the 0-death combos. but by putting it at 200% you make SSB even MORE broken by making every move in the game a finisher. that is just rediculous and ********.

moogle

Smash Ace
DK's up-B usually kills in 200% mode. Yoshi dtilt, Falcon upsmash, Ness utilt, Yoshi utilt, Kirby up-B, Mario up-B, Fox down-B... just think of the constant-knockback moves, or near-constant. Oh, and everyone's throws.

metaknight007

Smash Cadet
Hello again.

I thank the admin who realized that maybe it was a good idea to keep this post open. He realizes that open minded ideas are the way forward and I think many of you have realized this.

My last interesting comment. We have taken a hard time already on this forum maybe fairly so due to our aggressive entrance. There is a reason for our lack of posting though. Its because we don't have the time. We prefer to play smash brothers then post on here.
um are you aware in the irony of posting to tell us that?

p.s i am aware of the irony of sounding subjective which contradicts my signature.

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
well i expected it would be too much to expect some americans to want to leave the safety of their own country... or apply for a passport... far too much america to see so why waste time on the rest of the world? the trouble with online playing any game is that there are a lot of hacks and you elitists who cant consider another method of playing are likely to be just that... which could explain your disdain for anything that you cant use tools for.... do any of you own n64s?

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Certainly, many of us do.

There are no hacks online. Sure, there's gameshark, if someone honestly makes the effort to cheat, its impossible to NOT spot them and just quit their game. And if you host, people can't cheat. They just can't. Autofire? Hardly.

And don't give us this "you don't travel anywhere, Americans." I'll have you know that its extremely expensive to go to England of all places, your pounds make it impossible, no only that, its VERY cheap to go from one place in Europe to another, once you're ALREADY IN Europe. You know this.

We aren't so much intolerant of 200% as we are intolerant of its irrational justification.

Thino

Smash Master
well i expected it would be too much to expect some americans to want to leave the safety of their own country... or apply for a passport... far too much america to see so why waste time on the rest of the world? the trouble with online playing any game is that there are a lot of hacks and you elitists who cant consider another method of playing are likely to be just that... which could explain your disdain for anything that you cant use tools for.... do any of you own n64s?
go to TNJ2 , its close to you and Meowkitty will be there

felix45

Smash Lord
well i expected it would be too much to expect some americans to want to leave the safety of their own country... or apply for a passport... far too much america to see so why waste time on the rest of the world?
watch this amazing trick where I quote you exactly and change america to england and the same stupid **** applys to you!

"well i expected it would be too much to expect some britts to want to leave the safety of their own country... or apply for a passport... far too much england to see so why waste time on the rest of the world?"

OHSHI HOW I DO DAT?

seriously you are one of the dumbest people I have ever seen come on these boards.

@malva - there is a reason people dont play mortal kombat at a pro level, it is the 0-death combos which are everywhere. granted though in ssb64 you CAN DI out of combos...

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
We're elitist and won't try anything new huh? Then so are you if you won't even consider trying out online play even once. At least most of us have tried out playing at 200% damage, and realized that it was crap. And you won't even TRY playing online?

But to everyone else, if these guys/this guy is trolling, then he's done a pretty good job, we're over 7 pages now.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Watch as I pick your post apart.

1. you suck
2. traveling to play people who suck at smash is almost as dumb as being the person that made the topic
3. you suck
4. playing at 200% is dumb
5. you suck
6. You're the ones trying to prove stuff, not us. You would be traveling to us, not the other way around.
7. Online doesn't have hacks
8. see #3
9. you've never played online before, elitists usually aren't very good, and again there aren't any hacks
10. American players are way better then you, as are canadians and mexicans. Why go play your ****ty rook *** when we could travel and play far better competition.
11. I own two n64's.
12. See #8
13. See #12
14. See #13
15. You say we are elitists by saying we won't consider another method of play? wow you're stupid. Maybe you missed my post before but I said I have played 200% before and it is just luck based. I also play online, and I play on console. You're the one trying to be an elitist but there is one problem with you guys being elitists. You aren't good.
16. And about the leaving the safety of our own country, we saved your *** in BOTH world wars in battles that we really had nothing to do with. If it wasn't for us you'd be saying "SEIG HAIL" a lot. In fact you wouldn't even be able to log onto a comp to post this right now cause you'd be in hitler youth.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Most, if not all of us have N64s or live close to/with people who have one. And we're vehemently against hacking--you should've seen the reaction when someone wanted to change the sensitivity of the analog stick with a plugin, neverrmind the "mention autofire and die" mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom