• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
Us Brits have taken Smash Brothers on the 64 to a new level.
Stock 10 and 200% damage, this is the ultimate in smash brothers gaming... maybe one day you'll join us at this level, we are racing in jet fighters whilst you guys are just discovering the wheel

lewisbn11

Smash Rookie
Smash Uk

Greetings everyone firstly I would like to congratulate you all on realizing the potential that super smash brothers 64 has and still has to this day. Ignore the devils trying to get you to play Mele its for the weaker of us.

I also congratulate the players who realize that link is the most fun character to play and the best in my eyes.

We are an elite group of players consisting of fox mcloud, pikachu, red and green link from worthing england.

It has taken time for us to find other players who play this game to the levels we do and we believe 200% damage and 10 stock is the only way with occasional smashathons to 30. We also believe no other level is worth playing apart from Hyrule castle.

Many things we have found we aim to share with the community that may have already found them too.

Lock in-s
Bombzee's
The lost timmy's (timmy tornado)
Courtesy Boomzees for those souls destined to fall down off hyrule
Saves from Timmy
The kneel Of respect

and one of the funniest things we find in the game Ledge Priveledges.

Are there at present any other players from the uk?

peek_a_choo

Smash Rookie
British Bulldog Bashingz

If any of you American true smash brothers playerz (N64 only) reckon they would want to take part in potentially the first EVER international smash brothers tournament, contact me for details.....

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
a reaction we expected..... but your elite issues are your own issues and well.......if you cant imagine the game being played any other way than the standard set up then i think you'll find your the "noobs" come on you cool kids bring it on

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Oh i get it...U guys cant preform any combos so u concider 3 hits a 0 - death combos.

And if ur so legit wheres some vids?!

lewisbn11

Smash Rookie
what is interesting is when i read posts on here the so called "PROS" comment on how if they start comboing som1 who is on around 50% then they can eventually get a clear out.

what is wrong with you the obvious is there. Make the game epic all the time by setting it to 200% 10 lives then as soon as som1 gets on your case your gone. You can't afford to **** up once like this. Maybe people like second chances. we don't. we play the english way

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm from the UK, and I've been to Worthing a few times.

What you believe doesn't matter at all. What's accepted is what matters. And 200% damage and 10 stock is never going to be accepted.

200% = combos are basically nullified.

10 stock = takes too long.

So, if you'd care to get SSB64 online (Just look at one of the other threads), I'd be happy to play you. Who knows, I might just go Link as well.

However, this thread is completely useless right now.

And another point: There's already been a huge bunch of intercontinental tournaments.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
I think we should keep it open in order to be more scrub friendly and hopefully expand the community =)

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can't afford to **** up once like this. Maybe people like second chances. we don't. we play the english way
clearly you've never played any one good. if a good player gets you in a combo, even when you have no damage, it usually results in death.

the way you play involves a lot more luck and hardly any technical ability at all. sure, it's a battle of mind games, but regular smash is a huge battle of mind games PLUS technical skill.

also, the only time when both players have at least 200% damage is intense is in the last life of the match whereas normal smash is more consistently intense because it's exponentially harder to make comebacks compared to the way you play. when you're playing at 200%, you could just land a couple lucky smash hits and easily make a 4 stock come back. that just seems lame to me. in order to make a comeback in regular smash, you almost always have to pull off some clutch 0 to death combos while out mindgaming your opponent.

do you guys even know any of the advanced techniques, such as short hopping or z-cancelling?

i'll money match either of you for any amount of money in regular smash. if we're such noobs and you're so great, you should be able to beat me easily even though it'd be regular smash, not 200% bs, right?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
actually, skilled player vs skilled player killer combos rarely ever happen. starters don't have that good of priority, and there is DI....

mercenaries

Smash Cadet
we are racing in jet fighters whilst you guys are just discovering the wheel
omfg i fell off my chair after i read this

:urg:

"You can't afford to **** up once like this. Maybe people like second chances. we don't. we play the english way"

5 stocks 5 chances

well actually in your version you get 10 chances i thought you didnt like second chances

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Well he had to get above the 10 character limit somehow.

Meow, you're a mod, can't you check the IPs of these guys or something?

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
sounds like what i do when playing smash with my little cousins, set 200% damage, 99 stocks and all items on to get some good laughs :p...

you guys (or guy under different names) weren't high while writting all that stuff?

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
That's nothing felix. Kirby's foward throw insta-kills at no damage at 200% (on any map of course). It'll be pretty funny actually in a ffa everyone would just be running from kirby's hugs.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
ahahhahahhaha. This is a joke thread. Has to be. HAS to be.

Curtosy boomerang for those destined to fall from hyrule castle! lololol

Man, so you made up some rules, and you guys are scrubs. Yup, that covers it.

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
10 stock on 200% damage doesn't last half as long as you might think and in fact the combos are far more technical because it requires more speed and the ability to cover a far greater area of ground rather than merely juggling an opponent above your head. it is also a far riskier game because like you say there are specific moves from certain characters that will result in you being sent instantly, this only makes the game better as you have to raise your game to avoid being caught in this trap. everyone knows on Goldeneye on the 64 the best way to play was license to kill, pistols, facility. we have come up with the smash brothers equivalent oh and if you really want an epic series of matches, we suggest -
1st match - 2 stock 100% damage
2nd match - 10 stock 200% damage
3rd match - 30 stock 200% damage

dont knock it till you've tried it......

p.s we might have been high when we discovered this but not when we began posting here

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Well no one is stopping you guys. Have fun. But if you ever decide to play competitively, remember to practice a few games at 100% damage.

Thino

Smash Master
if you guys are good at "10 stocks 200% damage" , fine. but you're not gonna change the generally accepted "5-4 stocks 100% damage"

lewisbn11

Smash Rookie
Hello again.

I thank the admin who realized that maybe it was a good idea to keep this post open. He realizes that open minded ideas are the way forward and I think many of you have realized this.

My last interesting comment. We have taken a hard time already on this forum maybe fairly so due to our aggressive entrance. There is a reason for our lack of posting though. Its because we don't have the time. We prefer to play smash brothers then post on here.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
"We prefer to play smash brothers then post on here."

then what you doing posting more messages for? get to playing smash already

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
"we are racing in jet fighters whilst you guys are just discovering the wheel"

:laugh: you guys have no clue what you're talking about

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Lewis honestly play online, go get the Project64 --> http://pj64k.emulation64.com/ application from that website, search on Google for the Super Smash Bros Rom that you need, and then join a few 1v1s so you get an idea of how we play. You don't even need to play yourself, I doubt you can adapt to a keyboard in a week, if you have a Madcatz or some USB controller, then feel free to play.

Few people are going to take you seriously with your 200% 10-stock game. Sure, it could be fun, but its not "elite" and it is far more of an oversimplication of the game then a style of effective, rational play.

Also, here's a video you might want to watch, it includes some of the world's best players: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMNUt-c9RYM&mode=related&search= ...It even has a Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom