• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Pokemon seems to be too easy to make once you have the basic formula for it. :D :p

But I don't get fighting vibes from Froakie just yet... The other two, definitely possible.
It really is. XD The only thing that's thrown me off in Gen 5 is Tepig being fire and not water (ugh fake starter pics) and Sandile being ground and thus weak to water. XD

Personally I see Froakie as a water/flying due to the fluffy white but that's just me.

I also see Chespin as grass/ground and Fennekin as pure fire but possibly psychic in a later evo.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I did do up one Eevee evolution perspective at the Kitty Corp. forums...

[collapse=Draconeon]---------------------------
Name: Draconeon
Type: Dragon
Evolution: Eevee -> Draconeon
Ability 1: Magic Guard
Ability 2: None
Dream World Ability: Multiscale
Height: 3' 7"
Weight: 65.2 lbs.
Catch Rate: 45
Experience Growth: 1,000,000
Gender Ratio: 87.5:12.5

HP: 110
Attack: 60
Defense: 65
SP ATK: 130
SP DEF: 65
Speed: 95

Pokedex Entry: These Pokemon are capable of adapting to any weather conditions. Their body is actually quite smooth, despite looking rough.

lv. 1: Helping Hand
lv. 1: Tackle
lv. 1: Tail Whip
lv. 5: Sand-Attack
lv. 9: Dragon Rage
lv. 13: Quick Attack
lv. 17: Bite
lv. 21: DragonBreath
lv. 25: Vacuum Wave
lv. 29: Dragon Dance
lv. 33: Dragon Tail
lv. 37: Aura Sphere
lv. 41: Last Resort
lv. 45: Dragon Pulse

TM06: Toxic
TM07: Hail
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM13: Ice Beam
TM14: Blizzard
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM27: Return
TM28: Dig
TM29: Psychic
TM30: Shadow Ball
TM32: Double Team
TM35: Flamethrower
TM38: Fire Blast
TM42: Facade
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM48: Round
TM49: Echoed Voice
TM67: Retaliate
TM68: Giga Impact
TM70: Flash
TM82: Dragon Tail
TM83: Work Up
TM86: Grass Knot
TM87: Swagger
TM90: Substitute

Tutor: Covet
Tutor: Draco Meteor
Tutor: Dragon Pulse
Tutor: Heal Bell
Tutor: Helping Hand
Tutor: Icy Wind
Tutor: Iron Tail
Tutor: Last Resort
Tutor: Outrage
Tutor: Sleep Talk
Tutor: Snore
---------------------------[/collapse]
I actually like that indeed. Of course they'll most likely need some odd item to cause the evolution.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It really is. XD The only thing that's thrown me off in Gen 5 is Tepig being fire and not water (ugh fake starter pics) and Sandile being ground and thus weak to water. XD

Personally I see Froakie as a water/flying due to the fluffy white but that's just me.

I also see Chespin as grass/ground and Fennekin as pure fire but possibly psychic in a later evo.
Oh yeah, i'm talking about evolutions. ^^

Hoping for world-wide localization of smash 4, that'd be cool.

And whatever has the legendary that looks like a deer for me. :p

Actually, on second though, both are pretty darn cool.

Is it weird that I liked Reshiram as much as Zekrom in gen 5?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Oh yeah, i'm talking about evolutions. ^^

Hoping for world-wide localization of smash 4, that'd be cool.

And whatever has the legendary that looks like a deer for me. :p

Actually, on second though, both are pretty darn cool.

Is it weird that I liked Reshiram as much as Zekrom in gen 5?
Ahhh, I see. XD

Yeah, it will be localized worldwide as far as Japanese and English go, but I think other languages still have to wait. Hopefully not though.

Pokemon X is probably the deer unless they pull another B/W.

And no, it's not weird. I liked Zekrom in White more at first but Reshiram grew on me in White 2 and now they're equal.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I just mean looking closely at the video and observing fire, psychic and bug. Psychic is definitely a gym, bug almost certainly so and i'm willing to bet fire is an elite four.

@The real gamer: Hmm, Chikorita isn't really a reptile...

My favourite pokemon will always be Charizard and my favourite starter is obv. charmander. Torchic was okay but I never played gen 2 or 3 so I didn't get a proper chance to know them.

@BC: I actually rather like the legendaries as well... except for the fact that their eyes have letters in them, X and Y ( -_- ). Still, they're really cool and kinda out-landish. Interested to see what else comes about from that.

Honestly not sure if that psychic move was done by Fennekin or Kirlia... can't be sure at this stage.

Also, ninja'd sapphire. <3

At the last second we see kirlia flinch as if getting hit. :phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahhh, I see. XD

Yeah, it will be localized worldwide as far as Japanese and English go, but I think other languages still have to wait. Hopefully not though.

Pokemon X is probably the deer unless they pull another B/W.

And no, it's not weird. I liked Zekrom in White more at first but Reshiram grew on me in White 2 and now they're equal.
Yeah, i thought they'd probably do that again. Obviously I wasn't the only one who noticed the x in the deer's eye. :3

Anyway, it's getting late here, i'll join you guys again for discussion and speculation later but for now i'm out.

Get hyped, guys!!

@Disfunk: Oh, I could be wrong, I thought that flinch was her initiating the move. A sec, gonna check again.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ah, went over it a few times, Disfunk is right, kirlia is getting hit and you can see it's Fennekin who's initiating the move.

This means Fennekin at least can learn what would appear to be psychic moves. Looks telling.

Ironically, I didn't see a y in the other legendary's eye (I refrain from saying "birds' eye")

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Of course with Eevee goes I hate that very low chance of getting the female Eevee while breeding. If they do come out with a new evolution it has to be female. XD

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Ironically, I didn't see a y in the other legendary's eye (I refrain from saying "birds' eye")
It doesn't need it. Its already got a Y sign going on with its wingshape and in what seems to be its blood vessels.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, it doesn't have it in the eye but that's a good point. You'd kinda expect if one has it, the other would though...

Maybe it's one eye each? i know you can't see the other deer's eye in the trailer as I wanted to test that theory out by looking at the vid.

Anyway, going to look at these blood vessels. :p

EDIT: No, I paused it at the right time. They end in tridents, not 'y's. His general body shape conforms though, even if it is already a little like your average bird.

Night guys! :p

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It's funny, spire did a fakemon starter set with grass/dark, fire/psychic/, water/fighting and that's looking like what we'll have. :phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Dark/Psychic/Fighting in the starter trio has been something predicted 1000000 times by like everyone.

It happening wouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Dark/Psychic/Fighting in the starter trio has been something predicted 1000000 times by like everyone.

It happening wouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
I think he's saying it's funny because those exact type combinations that Spire had are looking like what these 3 will be.

I'm digging Chespin the most so far but if Froakie ends up becoming some sort of badass fighting frog I'm gonna be all over that. But then again I could see Fennekin winning me over if it really is Fire/Psychic...

Gahhhh too many variables I like them all. I'll have to see their final evolutions to have a definitive pick.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So do you guys think that this simultaneous globalization is a one-off thing, or is Nintendo going to turn this into their first-part norm?
for bigger, highly expected titles, I can see them start doing it.

they did it with Kid Icarus: Uprising, for example, but not with, say, Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, didn't even notice that they did it with Kid Icarus: Uprising.

So I take it that Smash IV for global simultaneous launch is a safe bet?
it's likely, when taking into account both Kid Icarus: Uprising and Pokémon X / Y. SSB4 and these two titles have something in common: highly expected titles.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
So with Pokémon X and Y, and quite possibly the next Smash Bros., we have a highly anticipated game being released simultaneously world wide, with an option to download the game immediately onto the console instead of buying it in stores.

Nintendo started the last generation trying to get videogame players to exercise, and is spending this generation removing any reason to even leave the couch, seeing as they now also have a controller that can turn on your TV, change its inputs, and turn on itself and the console!

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
This is interesting. I may or may not get these games. It depends on what other pokemon are in it. So far it looks like I prefer Chespin.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I agree with the ducklett-type vibes from Froakie, that cloud thing seems like a portent. But I don't know if GF would be willing to put a STAB SE against Grass on the Water starter. Maybe they'll tweak the type chart this time around.

I also think the idea of Chespin becoming more spikey is solid. Porcupine based starter anyone? If it goes that route, I possibly see them making it Grass/Dark. It would be easy to give a porcupine a sinister feel as it evolves, although I think it's more likely to see the porcupine than the dark secondary typing.
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
Chespin's final form had better not end up being a Grass/Dark-type, as we've seen too many Pokemon with 6+ weaknesses lately, and the last thing we need is a starter with that many weaknesses.
Well it's pretty easy to do when grass already has 5 weaknesses to start with.

--------------------------------

I bumped into a rumor online a while ago (which I just dug up) that was mentioning rumblings of many things, from Microsoft to Nintendo.
Rumors about pokemon said:
Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it’s released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity. The first NFC game for Wii U will be a next gen Battrio game coming out in all regions.
While it was a little bit off for timeframe, it guessed at the full 3D correctly. (Although guessing the next games would be in 3D and that the plot revolves around a crisis isn't much of a rumor, on the other hand if GF has been developing X/Y secretly the 2 years could be an accurate timeframe.) Time will tell how much of the rest of it is accurate, but this is why I supposed at a tweaked type chart earlier.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Judging from this image, the new region is going to be based off of Europe.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gonna get Y version because it's more mainly. :smirk:

I'm liking the starters better than Gen 5. Kinda surprised we're getting a non-reptile based Grass Starter. If anything though with the Starters I'm thanking god that we're most likely not getting another Fire/Fighting type.

Not sure what to make of the Legendaries, I definitely like them though, I'll have to see some official artwork/names first. Betting Dark/Flying and Steel/Grass at a first glance.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Phew, eight pages by the time I woke up, very impressive Smashboards. :laugh:

Anyways, PRAISE ARCEUS this looks like a beautiful game. The 3D definitely needed to happen, and it looks great. Also the new starters to me look good, at the very least because the fire starter doesn't look like something that could possibly become a Fire/Fighting type. (just watch, it evolves and stands on two legs, grows giant fists, gets a six pack)

Edit: ^^ lol Triple Dash expressing the same fire starter concern as me at the same time

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
I am so unbelievable excited about this game. Fennekin pretty much looks like my ideal starter, although that hedgehog looking grass starter seems kind of cool also. I'd be interested to see what their final evolutions are, and what the dual possible typings turn out to be.

The 3d is underwhelming though.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i really hope that their final evolutions are dual types unlike serperior and samurott. chespin looks more like my favorite starter. i just hope it will be competitively viable in OU tier. i would say that chespin could end up grass/dark or grass/fighting. the fire fox could be fire/psychic or fire/ground. the frog could be water/fighting or water/poison. really looking forward to their final evolutions. just hope its not as disappointing like oshawotts and tepigs final forms.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm picking Froakie

I don't like the grass one. It looks like a grass Oshawott

Fire fox has been done in the game before. GLAD it's not fighting though

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
The release date is very questionable though. For a title that's expected to be on the 3DS, you'd expect Nintendo to take the game development slow and steady.

Basically, October 2013 just seems too soon for us.
Maybe B/W 2 was made just to keep our spirits up while they actually made Pokemon X and Y , meaning it could've taken 2 years now to make it.

Btw (off-topic) Wave, is that a Seitokai no Ichizon avatar I spot there? :happysheep:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I can't wait for them to not give Flareon Flare Blitz in Gen VI.

So now that they're no longer using sprites, what does this mean for the Gen VI version of PS/PO/Shoddybattle?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
^ you could argue as that these games are also sort of Stadium games, since these games have what was exclusive to the Stadium series: 3D battles. after all this is a game on the 3DS...

they could still make a Pokémon game for the Wii U with HD graphics...

Top Bottom