• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next 6 DLC Characters

osby

Smash Obsessed
Isabelle was chosen because she's basically a new mascot in her own series
Citation needed.

while Hero's series was chosen for outside of Smash popularity.
Sakurai literally said a Dragon Quest character was significantly requested for Smash in Japan.

Just because a character isn't a huge deal in Western online communities doesn't mean fan demand played no part in their inclusion.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The second fighter in FP2 has been revealed, and it's none other than Steve from Minecraft.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel a bit more confident with my predictions (confident enough to name specific characters, at least), so I think I'm going to update them. Aside from Min Min and Steve/Alex, I'm guessing it's going to be... (in no particular order)

-Geno (for reasons that I stated on page 5; nothing's really changed in that regard, and I feel like he's extremely likely for a variety of reasons)

-Ryu Hayabusa (see Geno)

-Dante (while Monster Hunter seems about as likely, something makes me think that MH isn't going to be the Capcom character. Maybe it's just because I'm not familiar with Monster Hunter, but I have a gut feeling that if Monster Hunter was being added, they'd be part of the base game with the Rathalos boss fight)

-Bandanna Waddle Dee (or another Nintendo character, like Elma if a Xenoblade X remake happens or a Zelda character like Impa - I originally had a Namco-Bandai character in my predictions, but I don't think we'll get getting third party characters for the rest of the pass. We could get something that's obviously promotional, like a Fire Emblem character from a currently unannounced game or a gen. 8 Pokemon, but I'd like to think that they'd avoid that after the backlash against Byleth, and Bandanna Waddle Dee seems fairly popular regardless of what region you're talking about)

Rayman or Crash seem plausible, but I don't think we'll be getting all third party characters for the rest of the Fighters Pass.

EDIT: changed my mind slightly.

New information's coming up that might point towards Geno: Nintendo had a Smash open online tournament, and a day later, they announced Min Min was being included in Smash. Nintendo held another Smash tournament, and Steve was announced a few days after that. Now Smash is holding another Smash open online tournament (the second one overall) that ends on November 1st, and while this could be a coincidence, the timing seems to match up with the Mario-themed Smash tournament that was announced in the Mario 35th Anniversary direct but only given a vague release date of November or December.

The lack of a specific date (or even a specific month) is rather odd, since it's not like this sort of thing would require a ton of build-up (they could have had it that weekend) - it could mean that they intended to reveal a character who'd be in the tournament before the tournament started. Or it could be a coincidence and I'm reading too much into this, but either way, we could get a character reveal in early November.

As for Impa, I remembered that Zelda's 35th anniversary is next year, and if they're going to add a new Zelda character (the first unique one in 20 years, by the end of the Fighters Pass), now seems like the time.

I feel fairly confident that Geno will be FP8 (especially if Steve and FP8 were the intended E3 reveals), and that they won't end on an action game character like Dante or Ryu Hayabusa after Smash 4's DLC. (since it should be pretty clear that they'll need as much time as they can to balance someone like that) I'm not sure whether Dante or Ryu Hayabusa would be revealed first; they're on there in no particular order.

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I'll update my prediction too

First I'll present my personal theory.

Here are the current age ratings for FP1 and FP2 on Nintendo’s Brazilian Store
https://store.nintendo.com.br/super-smash-bros-ultimate-fighters-pass
https://store.nintendo.com.br/super-smash-bros-tm-ultimate-fighters-pass-vol-2
You’ll notice that FP1 was given a higher age rating for “content” that was barely present. With a popular franchise like Minecraft being added, I predict that FP2 will have only characters that can be sold to and appeal to younger gamers, I believe that Nintendo is doing this to maximize profit from franchises like Minecraft. As such I predict that characters like

Crash - Popular character
Rayman - I heard it took awhile for Steve to be added, so Rayman could be in the same boat.
Ryu H. - Heard theories and rumors that suggest Ryu is a character that could be in the FP
Cinderace - For a major franchise like Pokemon, I find it suspicious that we have gotten any new content since the spirit event last year (not even for the Isle of Armor DLC which would have been the perfect time to give us some spirits). Which leads me to suspect that they are possibly planning to add a character. From what I've seen, the Cinderace line has received tons of special treatment in games and the Anime, as such it is likely that the pokemon company would push it to be the next playable character if they could.

will make up the rest of FP2 (assuming that none of them end up as Mii costumes or spirits)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
New prediction.

Cinderace
Geno
Monster Hunter
Ryu Hayabusa

Based on this video here.

I'm starting to think Travis and No More Heroes might get a Spirit Event.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here‘s my sorta realistic wishlist:

• 76: Min Min
  • 77: Steve
  • 78: Euden
  • 79: Crash Bandicoot
  • 80: Gen 8 Pokémon
  • 81: Sora
Looking back, I kinda wish Vol. 2 had 10 fighters instead of 6. That way, the level of “now-or-never” doesn’t seem quite as high when a character is close to be revealed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
At this point of time based on Papa genos video

I would be shocked beyond belief if we didn’t get ryu haysbusa as a playable

Not related to the video the same can be said about crash bandicoot

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
1. Min Min from Arms
2. Steve from Minecraft
3. Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden
4. Another M Rated Violent Character(Doomslayer, Dante, or Travis)
5. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia
6. Geno from Super Mario

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'll update my prediction too

First I'll present my personal theory.

Here are the current age ratings for FP1 and FP2 on Nintendo’s Brazilian Store
https://store.nintendo.com.br/super-smash-bros-ultimate-fighters-pass
https://store.nintendo.com.br/super-smash-bros-tm-ultimate-fighters-pass-vol-2
You’ll notice that FP1 was given a higher age rating for “content” that was barely present. With a popular franchise like Minecraft being added, I predict that FP2 will have only characters that can be sold to and appeal to younger gamers, I believe that Nintendo is doing this to maximize profit from franchises like Minecraft. As such I predict that characters like

Crash - Popular character
Rayman - I heard it took awhile for Steve to be added, so Rayman could be in the same boat.
Ryu H. - Heard theories and rumors that suggest Ryu is a character that could be in the FP
Cinderace - For a major franchise like Pokemon, I find it suspicious that we have gotten any new content since the spirit event last year (not even for the Isle of Armor DLC which would have been the perfect time to give us some spirits). Which leads me to suspect that they are possibly planning to add a character. From what I've seen, the Cinderace line has received tons of special treatment in games and the Anime, as such it is likely that the pokemon company would push it to be the next playable character if they could.

will make up the rest of FP2 (assuming that none of them end up as Mii costumes or spirits)

(I might as well take this opportunity to predict the Mii Costumes that are coming with Steve:
New
Master Chief, Mallow, and Cacodemon (this is assuming that the Caco Mallow leak is true)

Returning
Geno and both Monster Hunter outfits)
I do think that FP2 will be geared more towards younger fans.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
So much for my old prediction...

Min Min
Steve & Co.
Sephiroth

New prediction, if the next three characters are not Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hayabusa, and Cinderace then I'll give up on trying to figure out the rest of FP2. Hopefully there will be a FP3 to give us more chances.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
New predictions.

Palicos (I expect Sakurai being the unpredictable madman he is to throw us off and surprise us, especially given the current trend of returning Sm4sh Miis which I expect Monster Hunter to return as one)
Crash Bandicoot
Impa

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Possible for the final 3

ryu hayabusa
crash bandicoot
eggman
dixie kong
waluigi (I can dream)
Dante or monster hunter
rayman
Master chief (heck he might be the last iconic hero left besides doomguy and yes I know Steve probably killed his chances)

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
My predictions for the final three in no particular order are:
Eggman
Ryu Hayabusa
Crash

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Pyra/Mythra are the 4th and 5th characters, respectively, for CP9, which only leaves two.

Mr. Sakurai's Wild Ride has been a long one, but I still wanna hope for the last two to be any two of:
  • Crash
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Bandana Dee
  • Sora
Those, to me, are the characters who are arguably "missing" from the roster.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to play it safe and say that we're going to get a Pokemon Sword and Shield representative and finish off with Crash Bandicoot.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You do make a valid point. In that case, I choose Paper Mario and Crash Bandicoot.
There was also a Mario tournament. I don't expect any more first parties unless they are promoting a game that we don't even know exists right now. I expect two third parties, both from companies new to Smash.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
There was also a Mario tournament. I don't expect any more first parties unless they are promoting a game that we don't even know exists right now. I expect two third parties, both from companies new to Smash.
I'd have to wonder if The Legionis is the next nintendo character they add for DLC.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
People still think 1st parties would only be promoting a game we don't even know about when :ultminmin:ultpyra: got in (because they missed out on base game)?

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
The only notable first party Nintendo franchises without a tournament is Fire Emblem, Earthbound, Star Fox and Kid Icarus.

Another Fire Emblem rep would be overkill at this point, and with the rumoured next Fire Emblem entry being a Echoes remake, I don't see a rep' from that game making it in.

As for the other first-party characters in the running, there's Porky for Earthbound, Krystal for Star Fox and Medusa/Hades for Kid Icarus.

The remaining two slots may very well be third-party characters but I wouldn't cancel out another first-party character just yet.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I don't think that deconfirms them. I think paper mario has a good chance of getting in despite having a spirit event.

Top Bottom