• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new wavedash?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
If one more topic is made about discovering the "new wavedash" I may well cry.

Give it up people. This isn't Melee. We've lost our awesome way to move across the ground. We're at the mercy of momentum and we need to get used to it.

Its not all bad you know...

Man_With_Thooo

Smash Apprentice
I find it easier to do this with revamped controls:

L: Attack
Tap Jump: Off

Yeah, that's pretty much it. With Tap Jump off, you could simply press diagonal up on the control stick to start dashing. While dashing you press down on the C stick then press L right after. You don't have to change the direction on your control stick since diagonal up counts as both right/left AND up. You could simply press (Diagonal Up)+(Down-C)+(L) instead of (Side)+(Down-C)+[(Up)+(Z)]. That's one button less, plus you don't get the risk of accidentally grabbing out of you dash attack.

Btw, does anybody here know if this is possible with MK? I've been trying to do it with him but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe my timing's just wrong, though.

Sharky

Smash Master
hmm, don't have a wii to test it but it'd make sense that ganon could use this nicely as he gains speed when using his dash attack. any testers?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Cool. Anyone know the name of the song? Is it in Brawl? Sounds like a Kirby battle remix.

lricardojamesl

Smash Rookie
Mission accomplished. I have figured out the timing for Sheik. Tap Jump Off, Z=Attack. Basically the button press + Up after the C-Stick is IMMEDIATELY after you hit the stick. Once I changed Z to attack it made it much easier to do.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Mission accomplished. I have figured out the timing for Sheik. Tap Jump Off, Z=Attack. Basically the button press + Up after the C-Stick is IMMEDIATELY after you hit the stick. Once I changed Z to attack it made it much easier to do.

All aboard the failboat!!

Top Bottom