• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Tier List

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Exactly. Just like how rock is better than scissors and scissors is better than paper, it's obvious that rock is better than paper.

joking =p

Battlecow

Play to Win
True.

Like, have you ever tried destroying a rock with paper?

Even, like, sheaves of the stuff. Doesn't work. Rock beats paper and scissors, real talk.

SpeedGhost

Smash Cadet
if you're playing noobs/scrubs/pple you're alot better than - luigi is going to seem like teh ****. good players wont get caught up in the utilt/uairX4--->UpB tho and will just just space the **** out of you.. Mario is just a solid all-around char who can edgegaurd most of the cast amazingly effectively and his usmash is reliable. weegees Up-B kills like 25% earlier than marios usmash tho.... (related to the talk above..)

Red fireballz ftw

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, considering that Mario is better than Falcon and Falcon is better than Luigi, I think that's all the proof you need.
I hate you.

True.

Like, have you ever tried destroying a rock with paper?

Even, like, sheaves of the stuff. Doesn't work. Rock beats paper and scissors, real talk.
I've destroyed a boulder with a piece of origami paper before. Problem?

Battlecow

Play to Win
That's why a true boss plays rock scissors dynamite
Scissors beats Dynamite... how?

good players wont get caught up in the uair/utiltX4--->UpB tho and will just just space the **** out of you..
See, now, I REALLY want to know who you play with. I've never seen a scrub connect one utilt to an upB, much less 4. And good players do actually get caught in the uairs->upB; it's more the dair->upB that you'll be unable to pull off.

Geez, it's like there's a secret organization of people devoted to spreading well-intentioned misinformation about this matchup. Inb4 speedghost and Koro are the leading contributors to Smashwiki

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Scissors beats Dynamite... how?

See, now, I REALLY want to know who you play with. I've never seen a scrub connect one utilt to an upB, much less 4. And good players do actually get caught in the uairs->upB; it's more the dair->upB that you'll be unable to pull off.

Geez, it's like there's a secret organization of people devoted to spreading well-intentioned misinformation about this matchup. Inb4 speedghost and Koro are the leading contributors to Smashwiki
Koro is one of the main writers for Smashwiki, at least for smash64.

People like Smasher,Killer and MATTS! all like to have their fun with that site too though...so it's auto dismissed in my books.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah, both usmashes have the exact same KB and luigi's upb kills people muuuuch quicker than usmash.

The two things that really sets them apart, in my mind, are the recovery and horizontal air speed. Trying to approach with luigi is one of my least favorite things to do ever.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Koro is one of the main writers for Smashwiki, at least for smash64.

People like Smasher,Killer and MATTS! all like to have their fun with that site too though...so it's auto dismissed in my books.
LOOOOOOL THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING

That made my day.

SpeedGhost

Smash Cadet
@Battlecow should have been more articulate with what i was saying. What i was trying to say is that better players will limit your opportunities to uair combo-->upB. and when that happens luigi starts to look pretty naked out there... clearer?

smashwiki reference was low bro

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Lol, majority of my posts on smash wiki have been edited by some other person/troll. If you think you can make ssbwiki.com by yourself a great wiki for smash 64 (when 95% of the Wiki contributors there don't play this game competitively and 4 percent of the ones left are trolls*) be my guest. I virtually alone made it as good as it is now.

*Examples of trolls: Smasherx74, Killer, Nova, MATTS!

Also. I am surprised other people didn't see what SpeedGhost means. It is more that as said that they fall into the aerials more, not that the noobs can combo well.

Also, Mario's u-smash is better as it is easier to set it up (due to as said the much better short hop and the much better d-air.)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Clearly Luigi's upsmash is better because since Luigi is taller the hurtbox reaches higher.

Battlecow

Play to Win
@Battlecow should have been more articulate with what i was saying. What i was trying to say is that better players will limit your opportunities to uair combo-->upB. and when that happens luigi starts to look pretty naked out there... clearer?

smashwiki reference was low bro
Utilt x 4->upB, though? Still waiting for an explanation on that one.

I agree with that section from Smashwiki. Not sure what's up with the hate.

:phone:
Star King the smashwiki lover

although ballin' is more guilty.

SpeedGhost

Smash Cadet
Edited my post. didnt think you were gunna be such a stickler. I was just trying to say some combination of utilts/uairs and i put the X4 in a dumb place. i dont know why you're trying to argue for it being 'not hard for luigi to approach' when it most definitely is. Although his killing move is strong, its not that easy to set up against a higher level player and if you think differently you must be playing noobs--- koro knowz
anyways sorry for the misunderstanding, hope we can carry on amicably :)

dandan

Smash Lord
Also, Mario's u-smash is better as it is easier to set it up (due to as said the much better short hop and the much better d-air.)
dair does not combo into usamsh if the opponent even has mediocre di at best.
it is easier to set with uairs however.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Like all I do with Luigi is up-smash people's approaches

Ok not really but it does work a lot more than you might think

I learned that **** directly from Boomfan

Star King the smashwiki lover

although ballin' is more guilty.
I mostly said that because I agreed with the quoted section, so I thought the following hate on Smashwiki was out of place. That doesn't make me a Smashwiki lover, scrub.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Lol, majority of my posts on smash wiki have been edited by some other person/troll. If you think you can make ssbwiki.com by yourself a great wiki for smash 64 (when 95% of the Wiki contributors there don't play this game competitively and 4 percent of the ones left are trolls*) be my guest. I virtually alone made it as good as it is now.

*Examples of trolls: Smasherx74, Killer, Nova, MATTS!
....if u think i sit on smash wiki trying to edit post with wrong info theres something wrong with u. And lol at thinkin that u basically made smash wiki. Only thing ive done on smash wiki is made new bios for people and clans with accurate info.

sorry to go off topic but i cant stand when ppl constantly associate my name with stupid stuff when they dont even know their facts.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Edited my post. didnt think you were gunna be such a stickler. I was just trying to say some combination of utilts/uairs and i put the X4 in a dumb place. i dont know why you're trying to argue for it being 'not hard for luigi to approach' when it most definitely is. Although his killing move is strong, its not that easy to set up against a higher level player and if you think differently you must be playing noobs--- koro knowz
anyways sorry for the misunderstanding, hope we can carry on amicably :)
K, now, scrubs never use Utilt to lead to Up-B at all so you're still wrong

And when on earth did I ever say that it wasn't hard for luigi to approach? WTF?

but yeah, I probably threw you too much hate for a couple of relatively forgivable errors. Amicability engage.

SpeedGhost

Smash Cadet
Yes, they do.
Yes.

and Bcow, what im trying to say-- is that the main point of what I was saying is that luigi can't be as effective against players who know how to outspace him, and you were getting all caught up on the details that didn't really matter man. The infamous 'uair/utiltX4' thing wasnt the main point at all.

Then you went on to say something like 'good players do get caught in the combos' which is true to some extent ie: sometimes they get comboed into the upB. But not often, and it isnt very difficult to mostly shut that part of luigi's game down. but anyways, thats where i thought you were trying to argue for luigi's viability...

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yes, they do.
No, they do not.

Yes.

and Bcow, what im trying to say-- is that the main point of what I was saying is that luigi can't be as effective against players who know how to outspace him, and you were getting all caught up on the details that didn't really matter man. The infamous 'uair/utiltX4' thing wasnt the main point at all.

Then you went on to say something like 'good players do get caught in the combos' which is true to some extent ie: sometimes they get comboed into the upB. But not often, and it isnt very difficult to mostly shut that part of luigi's game down. but anyways, thats where i thought you were trying to argue for luigi's viability...

Are we still arguing about who was right? I thought we stopped in order to save your dignity. But if we are still arguing-

Stop saying things that don't make sense.

i dont know why you're trying to argue for it being 'not hard for luigi to approach' when it most definitely is
This makes no sense, because I didn't argue for that, and in fact, nothing resembling the words that you put in quotation marks ever escaped my nimbly typing fingers.

Then you went on to say something like 'good players do get caught in the combos' which is true to some extent ie: sometimes they get comboed into the upB. But not often, and it isnt very difficult to mostly shut that part of luigi's game down
This doesn't make much sense either. uair-> Up B continues to be a critical part of luigi's game against many characters even at extremely high levels of play (which you have no experience with, btw). Watch some of Isai's weegee vids at genesis; he uses up-B almost as much as even the scrubbiest scrubs do. That said, you kind of have a point because he does suck and getting the combos off is harder than it is with good characters.

And no, scrubs don't Utilt->upB. They really, really don't.

Top Bottom