• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Tier List

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I would be up for making another matchup chart. I'd actually feel like I'd be making useful posts here :p

But I think the backroom is likely working on one. That doesn't mean us nooby back room rejects can't make our own, though if the backroom does make one, it might be best just to wait. Any disagreements on the matchup charts may cause problems...

Maybe we should simply wait and see if the backroom will say if they are working on one or not, or if they'll say if it's worth us making one.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I've also heard that pressing z when you land cancels your landing lag from aerials. kids these days, they'll believe anything.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Do it!

**** the backroom. If they're too good to let us see what they're doing, we can DO IT OURSELVES!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
The BRoom can make their little rule-sets and what-not, but something like a match-up chart should be done publicly.

A possible idea though is to have the BRoom put together a rough draft, release it publicly and then go from there. We can ask BRoom members to justify certain match-ups we see to not be right.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Well if they don't mind us doing a public one, they would be able to tie ends together with higher level opinions, or giving us something to start with. Currently, I'm just going to use the previous chart as a base.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Justification?

I'm not putting any effort into a match-up chart just to see the end result be changed.

With the BRoom making one and showing it to the public it allows for the whole community to agree on the final product. People can ask the BRoom why they made certain match-ups the way they did and the BRoom can justify it. Going the other way around would just piss people off.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
why not do it surri's way, then have the community look at it again

it's not like the community only gets one go or anything

every matchup discussed in the backroom is discussed from scratch, i'm doing a lot of the write-ups and i haven't even glanced at icy's chart, we might just release a quick draft and go from there

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
why not do it surri's way, then have the community look at it again

it's not like the community only gets one go or anything

every matchup discussed in the backroom is discussed from scratch, i'm doing a lot of the write-ups and i haven't even glanced at icy's chart, we might just release a quick draft and go from there
the backroom is doing this already, though if teh icy wants to collate it he can have the data

a community discussion about this is fine, just note that the backroom is doing this from scratch, almost all of pika and a few of fox's have been done in-depth in miniguide format

i believe the consensus at the moment is to do hyrule and dreamland charts, as congo can be made up with a few tweaks to the dreamland chart, and nobody plays peach's for some reason

go ahead and discuss, just note the backroom is plodding along with this same project
If the BRoom is doing the same project, what's the point in public doing one at the same time as well? Arguments will be made over certain match-ups and it will just be a giant mess.

I also don't see the point in passing the chart from community>BRoom>community. Lack of communication between the two and so much passing would make everything confusing.

I'd like to see both the community (for lack of a better term, I don't mean to imply the BRoom is not part of the community) and the BRoom working together on the one project out here.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Well, we can't say what will and won't happen and obviously the BRoom has gone ahead with their project so we shall just have to wait and see how things turn out.

The Star King

Smash Hero
So basically, the Backroom doesn't want the public to mess with their end product, and the public doesn't want the Backroom to mess with their end product. As for me? I'm pretty neutral, I guess. I don't really see a good solution to this, though.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
If the BRoom is already off the ground in making their own chart, why don't wee wait for them to release it and then have the community look at it and ask why match-ups were made the way they were? The community wouldn't have the right to change the end-product but rather the power of persuasion. This would give the majority of the power to the BRoom, but hey that's what the BRoom is for I guess.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
That would honestly be the best solution. For every matter ever. Honestly I'm fine with having the BRoom just sit there and do nothing but symbolise that 64 still matters, commands respect and is very much alive.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Pretty much agree with you there. Not sure how much respect it gets us though :/

The lol thing is that like half of the guys who're in the BR now were with me on this back when it started up.

YEAH I MAD

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Haha, better luck next time.

I sort of regret not applying but oh well.

We may not of earned respect, but with our own section (sorta) and a BRoom at least we're being recognised.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That would honestly be the best solution. For every matter ever.
Of course it's the best solution, but that's why the Backroom shouldn't exist in the first place. The public voted for a Backroom, so I don't have much sympathy for them if they don't like the sudden lack of power the general public has (Although I can sympathize with people complaining if they voted "no", such as Battlecow).

To me, if you voted "yes" on that one poll, you basically voted for this sort of course of action (noting that ciaza voted yes):

If the BRoom is already off the ground in making their own chart, why don't wee wait for them to release it and then have the community look at it and ask why match-ups were made the way they were? The community wouldn't have the right to change the end-product but rather the power of persuasion. This would give the majority of the power to the BRoom, but hey that's what the BRoom is for I guess.

The lol thing is that like half of the guys who're in the BR now were with me on this back when it started up.

YEAH I MAD
Still am buddy.

Except Bcow while he was applying.
ROFL DESTRUCTION. I lol'd IRL.

Speaking of which, did anybody tell Battlecow the problem with his application? I thought it was pretty funny.

Well if you can't beat 'em join 'em, right?
That's pretty much why I applied.

I was actually surprised there weren't any morons calling out my joining the Backroom as an act of hypocrisy.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah, I sort of regret voting yes. Like I said before I mainly liked the idea of having a BRoom to show the rest of the forum that our game is just as important as theirs. I should of thought of the negative repercussions but oh well.

No one would call you a hypocrite, deep down everyone has a part of them that wants to be part of the BRoom, even if they thought the BRoom was a bad idea.

Wasn't Battlecow's application basically a c + p of his previous one and as such didn't answer any of the new questions?

Also I'm very happy you didn't capitalise the 'c' in 'ciaza'

asianaussie

Smash Hero
the backroom was made as a decision of the swf management, it's here and wanting to join is perfectly fine, even if you were against it in the first place because purple names are cool

hey ciaza wanna join the hypocriteroom :awesome:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
If being a hypocrite is the price I have to pay to have a purple name I'm totally in.

The Star King

Smash Hero
ciaza, as long as you regret your sins I'm willing to forgive.
Don't take this seriously.

Red + purple = Dark blue? That doesn't make sense.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So what was the problem with my app? That it was terrible? I did kind of admit that a while ago when I first submitted it- and gave my johns about it.

OH WELL it's probably better this way now I can HATE on the BR without being a hypocrite.

Enjoying all that matchup wisdom that I don't have access to, douchebags?

Top Bottom