• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Jackie, I don't know if this offends you, but your Pika was far cooler than your link IMO. I didn't feel like your link was scarring. . . I wish I got to see more of your Falcon.

GoGo Squirtle.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
My Pika might honestly be better, but it doesn't have an obnoxious screaming upB for me to spam to get in my opponents' heads.

keeper

Smash Champion
Squirtle was a character I always felt would have been an extreme amount of fun if he were in Melee, but I don't remember him in PM too much other than he moves so fast and it's amazing. What have they done with Olimar? I remember he was basically unplayable (in that he actually didn't work at all) back when I played PM as they were in super alpha still.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
we have the newest one with all the characters. You just can't play mario, link, or fox

Olimar was alright. He can only have 4 pikmin and they don't stick to people. Your over b is basically Kirby's over b when he has the olimar power. All of his combos are basically the same they were in brawl, but you can do them at higher percents since it's melee. His throws are about the same strength which is pretty good. Since having like 3 kill throws is useful. He is alright, nothing special. Oh and his forward smash looks really funny.

Ivysaur is dumb and super disappointing. I was super hyped for him. They didn't really do anything to make him better in Brawl. They just gave him Solar beam, which is cool.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

I just tried Ivysaur tonight and it was such a big improvement. Bair has such better knockback, dtilt is almost as good as Marth's. Down b is great. His nair does like 16% damage and it eats shields. Ivysaur is actually my fave now.

I played around with Charizard a little, did they make him faster? Felt like it, but I never played Zard much in the first place so I don't know.

ZSS is kind of cool but too similar for my tastes. I could see her as powerful in the hands of a good user though.

Yoshi is similar but I like melee Yoshi way better. The shield mechanics are very different, and no light shielding. The main thing is DJC. If you hold jump, you'll continue with the DJ like in brawl. You have to let go of the DJ button and attack to achieve the melee DJC, which totally messes up the way I originally executed it. Side B gives second jump back, but I didn't find it necessary. The bair is brawl bair, I would have preferred N64 bair for edgeguards.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I remember when I tried Brawl I would hold jump when I tried to DJC (I thought you couldn't DJC at all though) and I would do this silly looking floating N-air thing. . . might be useful for edgeguards (rising N-air after runoff) or with U-airs for following them while you U-air. Side-B giving jump back sounds cool, and would help. I bet there is not all kinds of tricks with it, maybe edgehog stuffs.

Where are people getting 2.5?

keeper

Smash Champion
we have the newest one with all the characters. You just can't play mario, link, or fox

Olimar was alright. He can only have 4 pikmin and they don't stick to people. Your over b is basically Kirby's over b when he has the olimar power. All of his combos are basically the same they were in brawl, but you can do them at higher percents since it's melee. His throws are about the same strength which is pretty good. Since having like 3 kill throws is useful. He is alright, nothing special. Oh and his forward smash looks really funny.

Ivysaur is dumb and super disappointing. I was super hyped for him. They didn't really do anything to make him better in Brawl. They just gave him Solar beam, which is cool.
Olimar always felt like a good "if he were in Melee" character. Similar to how Falcon, Lucas, Squirtle, and Toon Link felt.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash

...and the fluffy kitten played with that ball of string all through the night.
On a lighter note, a Kwik-E-Mart clerk was brutally murdered last night.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
So . . . Squirtle is fun, possibly the most fun, but Ike is still the best.

Also, has anyone else had the problem that if they miss a tech, they can't tech for a long time? (I know there is a window where you can't tech if you missed it in Melee, but I feel like it is bigger in P:M. Might have something to do with a different buffer.)

What is the preferred buffer?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've never noticed anything odd about the tech window, so I can't comment on that. My preferred buffer is 40 or 50 because I've developed specific techniques with buffer and that's the minimum I need to execute them.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
That's odd, I could have sworn that I noticed you using 100, maybe that was Tommy. Everyone else seems to use around 50, give or take. :\

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think I started playing with 60, and then whittled it down to 40. I have specific reasons to use those numbers, but I'm wondering why others have chosen a similar buffer rate.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Melee has a 4-frame buffer, which would equate to '40' in Project M, but the buffer in Melee is found in certain actions of which I do not know the complete details. The one that I remember is that you can use Melee's buffer with Fox's U-throw into U-air by holding Shield and up on the C-stick. It will buffer the Jump on the first possible frame.

Men don't have to use the buffering to execute their tech skill.
I agree. The original SSB has a 0-frame buffer.

Ike didn't take top 5 at GC? Did anyone even use Ike? XD
If I had been in attendance, Ike would have taken 1st. Just like I have taken 1st at every Project M event I've entered for the entire year.

debaser

Smash Lord
Lethargic and worn down from school. How's New Zealand?
Sorry to hear that man. Skool suxx.

It was really really great. Now I'm visiting my sister near London before I fly back to portland in about a month.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
The one that I remember is that you can use Melee's buffer with Fox's U-throw into U-air by holding Shield and up on the C-stick. It will buffer the Jump on the first possible frame
I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS! Thank you t!mmy, I'm terrible at hitting Puff with Uthrow>Uair

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Nah you have to manually uair, but that's not tricky at all. What I would recommend doing though is buffering your uthrow as well. So as soon as you push Z to grab, hold up on the C stick to uthrow ASAP so they're less likely to react and DI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom