• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Umm Wary as in how? Like who to avoid? haha. If that's the case. Then no one really most of Oregon is pretty cool.

NOregon is pretty tight with each other. I'm basically the go to guy for everything.

I usually organize Smashfests. Find people rides to tournaments. Keep people who aren't updated on tournaments because they don't check AiB updated. I don't want sound cocky, but I'm probably top 3 in this state when it comes to singles and one of the best in doubles in the NW. I'm willing to answer questions anyone has about the game.

If it's about frame data. Then go talk to like Keeper. He knows a ton about that stuff.

If you want to know anything about Samus. Aftermath is probably the most knowledgeable person in the world when it comes to her.

If you want to learn how to play against a really technical Fox then the person I live with Juce is the person to go to. He is the best in state and I would say he is top 3 in the NW when Ka Master is in Hawaii or on Morman trips.

I main Jigglypuff and I think I saw you play her as well. Just a heads up this state/NW isn't very good at preparing you how to play against really campy foxes. Since the NW is pretty tech skill happy.

Soooo yeah any other questions just ask them haha

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I have no idea who i main lol, some days jiggs, some days peach, other's G&W. I end up being a stupidly technical G&W/marthsooooo WEEEEEEEE

keeper

Smash Champion
If it's about frame data. Then go talk to like Keeper. He knows a ton about that stuff.

I main Jigglypuff and I think I saw you play her as well. Just a heads up this state/NW isn't very good at preparing you how to play against really campy foxes. Since the NW is pretty tech skill happy.

Soooo yeah any other questions just ask them haha
This.

Also, I'm probably the campiest player in the state. So if you want to practice against someone that camps without even trying or second guessing it, just tell me which character and I'll camp you for at least 5 minutes on Yoshi's. I'm also the only considering "Sheik main" that's active, I think. I use pretty much all the higher end characters though. Specifically Sheik, Fox, and I guess Captain Falcon? I mess with all the rest though. Hell, I use Pichu sometimes. >_>

Everyone in Oregon is cool, you'll only dislike certain people for their quirks if you have to dislike them at all.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I've got a bit of practice vs campy people *mostly falco* from people in michigan. *the falco state...*

I'll be happy to camp you with YL all day son =Dbuuuuuut instead of yoshi's can we have a campout on say... FoD? I can't wait to get to oregon though I won't have a car for about a month after moving... HOPEFULLY i can pay off my friend to drive me. if not i'll just have to go through withdrawls until I get myself a car eh?

Anyone wanna MM my G&W? as long as you DO NOT PLAY FALCO I'll accept at least a 1$ MM

My G&W is semi legit? It's beaten mikey lenetia's peach once. On brinstar... after losing to him all night... BUT I DID IT ONCE

Edit: Falco vs G&W is mad gay

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
I've got a bit of practice vs campy people *mostly falco* from people in michigan. *the falco state...*

I'll be happy to camp you with YL all day son =Dbuuuuuut instead of yoshi's can we have a campout on say... FoD? I can't wait to get to oregon though I won't have a car for about a month after moving... HOPEFULLY i can pay off my friend to drive me. if not i'll just have to go through withdrawls until I get myself a car eh?

Anyone wanna MM my G&W? as long as you DO NOT PLAY FALCO I'll accept at least a 1$ MM

My G&W is semi legit? It's beaten mikey lenetia's peach once. On brinstar... after losing to him all night... BUT I DID IT ONCE

LOL I'm probably the most campy Falco in all of NW, so if you get angry easily or hate being laser camped, then you definitely shouldn't play me. I guess come to me if you need some knowledge of match ups or AT's or anything, since I'm pretty well rounded with knowledge of the game, considering I've seconded almost everyone.

Also hi to everyone who knows who I am (still don't know how to change this name or get a new account). Trip to CA was super fun. :p

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I don't mind falcos... UNLESS I'M G&W

i swear, it's all PEW PEW and all PEW PEW and you sit there going... ugh. Peach masta... no, just no, I do NOT approve. I'll totally play ya though twilit ^_^ just... with peach... or marf... or jiggs... or anyone really, just not G&W, i feel too hopeless lol

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Lol, it's all good. Like I said, I second almost everyone, and I tend to play around with a lot of people during friendlies, so you'll definitely get some variety in your practice. Btw, you can just call me Jeff, or psychotic dream if you wish to be formal about it (my actual namer tag thingy).

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
first match we'll rock paper scissorz, then after that we'll go with loser gets port selection... dthrow KOBE isn't cool

edit: I'm really sick of mario and luigi... guess i'll play against you and get tired of the doc matchup... they're all so boring =( full of stupid STUPID kills lol

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
This.

Also, I'm probably the campiest player in the state. So if you want to practice against someone that camps without even trying or second guessing it, just tell me which character and I'll camp you for at least 5 minutes on Yoshi's. I'm also the only considering "Sheik main" that's active, I think. I use pretty much all the higher end characters though. Specifically Sheik, Fox, and I guess Captain Falcon? I mess with all the rest though. Hell, I use Pichu sometimes. >_>

Everyone in Oregon is cool, you'll only dislike certain people for their quirks if you have to dislike them at all.
I thought I was the campiest player in the state!

Well, at least the campiest samus...

debaser

Smash Lord
keeper is definitely the campiest. He's even got the smash nerd rage to accompany it :D

Kami, if you want my opinion you're the sleeping potential grapist of Oregon, you just need to play more to get consistent

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
There's also some smashers in corvallis, Cactuarz, which is about half the distance to portland from roseburg I think. I'm trying to set up a better schedule, but by the time you move here, there should be a pretty regular thing going on. People here not quite as good as portland, but we're working on it.

Anyway, I play pikachu. I've seen some matches of you and anther. Can't say I'm as good as him, but I'm slightly interested in playing someone who might have matchup experience.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I've only played a few matches with anther, he's legit ^_^

Once I get a car I'll drive up to whatever my work doesn't interfere with =D. I've only played against anther a few times so yea, I'll do what I can, I just know to avoid tailspikes =p

ChinesePanda777

Smash Apprentice
Hey Indigestible, you and Bugs gotta contact me when you Smash in Corvallis. I'm up for playing, though I'm really new to the whole advanced stuff and haven't really played anyone outside a few friends.

keeper

Smash Champion

G&W gays Falco. LOL

I thought I was the campiest player in the state!

Well, at least the campiest samus...
You play Samus tons more than me. The only thing that makes my Samus not campy is that I also like to play fast.

keeper is definitely the campiest. He's even got the smash nerd rage to accompany it :D

Kami, if you want my opinion you're the sleeping potential grapist of Oregon, you just need to play more to get consistent
I'm going to grape you.

samus can never be a hidden potential haha

i'll mm anyones falco with g&w on fd only
Samus is the sexiest thing alive.

kami is legit man, watch out
Kami just needs to play more people more often. Then he'd pwn.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
mmk, G&W vs falcon on FD isn't too bad compared to EVERY OTHER LEVEL. however, peach masta, would you be down with G&W dittos MM?

Are there smashers that live farther south than me? I'd be happy to pay them to pick me up and drive to eugene/corvallis =D

Cauterize

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, just stopping by to say hi :D. I came across this thread and was happy to see that there are other people who play ssbm that live in oregon :D

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
dude G&W dittos are epic, full of 0-death combos since the edge guarding game in the ditto can be awesomely stupid =D. plus my G&W is stupid, so it makes the ditto more hilarious. I had an all right set against NoJ in like august when I was just picking up G&W, most fun matches I played all night.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
haha, thanks for the props guys :) I do need to play more though. In the mean time, life needs to stop giving me things that take up my time. School in the morning and work in the afternoon 6 days a week (for work that is) is not helping me.

Also, I'm picking up shiek as a definite main alongside samus so I won't have as hard of a time in my bad match ups for the time being. Theres just waaaaaay too many peach, jiggs, and marth players around here.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Ugh Kami and Keeper should team up with their double Sheik/Samus maining. >_<

Also Gage, what type of processor does your computer use? My friend has like 8 computers so I'm sure I could see if he has a spare processor you could have.

Also, as for where Columbia City is:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6329/lolsn.png

It doesn't show up at that zoom rate, but it's where the bubble arrow thing is pointing.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
D: Right before I flew back down, I got a cold though. It's gotten a little better, but I'm still a little sick. I'll still go if you wanna, but I don't wanna get you sick lol

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
1.8 GHz is definitely a P4, since I have the same thing lol. I'll ask him when he logs on, since I know some of his computers are P4's, so he may have some spares I can get.

keeper

Smash Champion
You guys have ****ty processors.

Also, Samus is undeniably hot without her armor, but even with it, she's still super-crazy-awesome.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
You're welcome to Cat :) I need someone to bring a cube tho :x. I have a mem card, controllers, but no cube or copy of smash thanks to this dumb move heh. Need to visit my former room mate. Posting from a brand new as of today quad core laptop >:D Just thought I'd throw that in for Gage's benefit ;p.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
oooooh you're cool.

Every computer I've ever had has sucked **** Keeper haha.

Yeah I think it was Pentium 4 Jeff. I'm super crazy bad with computers even though I'm on one like 24/7 haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom