• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeper

Smash Champion
I'd do crews. I pretty much hate everything right now though and have only been playing Samus when I turn the Gamecube on.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Melee crews are always awesome. The last one at Best Bout was really epic.

I think I might go ahead and do the full calculations for a PR just to see where everyone ranks. I'm going to limit the sample to only Oregon events since it's a state tournament (plus the data is easier to handle that way).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So I can't for the life of me find my ****ing Melee disk or Memory card and I'm getting really aggravated about it.
Yugo, if you need a Melee disk, I gave one to Best Bout for keepsake, there was one left over from one of my tournaments, that has yet to be claimed, so it's the community disk I guess lol.

Now for that memory card...

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I'd do crews. I pretty much hate everything right now though and have only been playing Samus when I turn the Gamecube on.
Sweet go samus in crews then. They should be like 10 man crews probably.
SOUTH OREGONS GOING DONWNNNNIN!!!!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've spent a lot of today looking up past Melee tournaments at LOST and Best Bout. Up until now I've only really been hearing who won what, but after looking at the results I'm going to say there are a lot of good Melee players in Oregon. Aside from the winners, the people that have caught my eye already are Jonny and Foos. I can't wait to see how they do in the next Best Bout.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That sounds hype, especially with this new "Renaissance" Oregon Melee seems to be having (maybe not in numbers, but it seems interest/spirit in the game's been on the rise), and although top seems to be more set in stone (even then, seems like there's some "threats" to that there), a lot of the middle and community as a whole seems to be that there's some consistency now.

Surreal

Smash Ace
I think a lot of players have gotten better lately.

Foos isn't new but he's definitely improved I think. It's a little unfortunate that it took this long for the scene to become more lively (since I don't really care for this game that much anymore, if it isn't obvious enough), but better late than never.

Maybe Jesse or me can have a smashfest this weekend.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Explanation of the Ranking System

To clarify the process in calculating ratings (for anyone who's wondering):

1) Record Wins/Losses
By calculating each player's WINS and TOTAL GAMES you can formulate an AVERAGE. Using a comparative list of AVERAGES creates a preliminary draft.

2) Create a CEILING
Ranking players simply on their AVERAGE is not a full story of their strength as a player. In order to determine a player's strength a CEILING statistic is created. A player's CEILING represents the best opponent they have a WIN against in a tournament.

A couple notes:
* Multiple wins and losses against the same opponent count only once (winning or losing to the same guy over and over won't change anything).

* Your CEILING cannot be greater than that opponent's CEILING or your own AVERAGE (whichever is lower). This prevents a 'lucky win' (or forfeit) from pushing a low-ranked player to the top of the list.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
just so you know phil your memory card is at best bout I checked it last time I went. It's black and has a 3 sharpied on it.

PS. Jonny and I are winning teams next Best Bout and will take any 2v2 MM.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I will join you in taking them up in a 2v2 MM if I go to the next Best Bout.

Timmy, I don't want to be on the PR.
Keeeeepeeeer ill MM your Samus :D
PS.CREWS CREWS CREWS CEWREWFDSFDS. We should get a crew battle with Washington too.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Timmy, I don't want to be on the PR.
It's difficult to omit anyone because of how your games affect other people's games and so on. Since players are ranked in how well they perform in tournament it would be unfair to arbitrarily remove wins and losses.

As an update, I'm almost done with "2011-Q2" results.
Just as an FYI, rankings are produced Seasonally:
Q1 = "Spring" (Jan-Feb-March-April)
Q2 = "Summer" (May-June-July-Aug)
Q3 = "Winter" (Sept-Oct-Nov-Dec)
Obviously I won't be able to do Q3 until after Dec, but I may be able to do 'previews' after a tournament. That way we get to review monthly progressions as rankings change while moving to a close at the end of a Season.

keeper

Smash Champion
Keeeeepeeeer ill MM your Samus :D
PS.CREWS CREWS CREWS CEWREWFDSFDS. We should get a crew battle with Washington too.
Why would I take that match-up?

It's difficult to omit anyone because of how your games affect other people's games and so on. Since players are ranked in how well they perform in tournament it would be unfair to arbitrarily remove wins and losses.
I just don't want to be listed on the final list. I don't care if my stats are used for calculations.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Why wouldn't you want to see where you place? :\

Also:
Does anyone know who entered as "Paul" at LOST4?

Surreal

Smash Ace
I don't like riding a bus for an hour and paying money I don't have for a smashfest when jesse or I can have one here for free lol.

I wish Jesse was on AIM so I could give him the 5 dollars to give to yugo. Idk if he's even going though.

But yeah yugo I haven't forgotten and I will pay you back! (eventually...)

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Hey, I think WA is going to come down on Nov. 19th. It would be really tight if Oregon showed up in force like 2 best bouts ago, and we got a crazy tournament going on. There was nearly 40 people at GC last weekend. Would be awesome if we could match or top that this Best Bout. Corvallis? Eugene (Aaron)? Even southerer-soregon? Timmy (I know you wanna enter melee...)

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Corvallis should be coming to Best Bout, the only unknown is how many people will be not lazy and actually come with me. If we get every regular to come I could be coming with about 8 other players.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Thanks for the clarification Scott. I wasn't expecting "Gheb" to also be Bird either. It won't matter until Q3 though, so that was a good head's up.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Would be awesome if we could match or top that this Best Bout. Corvallis? Eugene (Aaron)? Even southerer-soregon? Timmy (I know you wanna enter melee...)
Get me a ride and I'll sign up for Melee. I won't play Brawl because I hate switching back and forth between the two games. (SSB1 doesn't mess me up for either Melee or Brawl for some strange reason).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I have a lot of candy left from Trick-or-Treating. You can have some if you want Gage. I've got Snickers and Smartees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom