• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Scottish Thread!

VA

Smash Hero
i did yeh. i liked what i saw of u tbh. i can see ur potential. but i will show u mine and u'll forget u ever had any :p

snake_pro

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm really new to smashboards and spend most of my time studying in Edinburgh. Is there anything going on in the Scottish smash scene atm? I'm really excited to find some players nearby.

snake_pro

Smash Rookie
I play melee. I've only ever played NTSC but wouldn't have a problem learning PAL. I've also played a really early incarnation of PM and wouldn't mind trying it again now that its more complete.

snake_pro

Smash Rookie
I played it as a kid when it first came out and became more serious about it in my last year of high school (I'm in my second year of uni now). Unfortunately, I don't have many friends I can consistently practice with.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Yo snake pro whats your number? send me a PM if you're comfortable posting it on the boards! I live near pollock halls fyi you free some evening this week?

snake_pro

Smash Rookie
I'm actually still in Toronto for the next two weeks, and then I have exams the week I get back :(. I'm pretty much free after that though.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
ahh ok well I might be super busy in 3 weeks time cuz us old fold are in 4th year and got dissertations to hand in and stuff!! but post on this thread when you do come back and I'll try my best to give you some games

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Feel free to travel down with FortuneCookie and ShiftingShadows to bigger events too, would be awesome to see another Melee/PM player! :)

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
I wish it was at a more convenient time lol. However this has inspired us to potentially host something similar to this in edinburgh. I have already been accepted onto the fb group for the equivalent edinburgh FGC so could invite everyone there to a tournament over summer at some point. Hopefully could get some english interest too. And of coarse if you will be in edinburgh over summer, snake pro, you would be welcome to come too.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Snake pro, I think the three of us in Edinburgh will be able to play on Wednesday evening, how does this work for you? If all goes according to plan we can have a melee setup and a P:M setup going at the same time, or 2 melee ones. We have the facilities for this at our flat.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hey, canadian player here. I am in edinburg for a few days, any smashfest near there today?

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Sorry I've not checked the boards in a while. I have been demoralised about playing since my good buddy and training partner moved back to america! (fortunecookie, miss you bro). Sorry that I missed you swordgard, I am kicking myself for not taking you up on some games!

Snakepro - I am happy to play some smash although nothing too extortionate as I am busy as hell! Do you by any chance play any 2D fighters such as SSFVAE? I am part of a community who are also interested in getting into melee a bit and who play mostly AE and tekken!

snake_pro

Smash Rookie
Hey, thanks for the reply. Sucks to hear fortunecookie left :(, but I'm glad there's still someone here who plays. I've never really played any 2D fighters tbh, dunno if I have time this year to learn a new game.

Top Bottom