• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Scottish Thread!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Right, seeing as i know some of you arent looking in the london monthly thread/brawl thread, i'm going to take this oppurtunity to tell you about the next big event!

BLASTZONE 1

This is a mixed brawl/melee event hosted in therford, norfolk.

at this event, there is

*Overnight accomodation at the venue, and for an extra quid you can use one of the many large beanbags for sleeping on!

*Food sold inside the venue by the local youth group, who are also doubling up as the event sponser

*curteosy of the sponser, they are adding an extra 50 quid to each of the singles pot.

*A possible 20 tv's PER GAME at the venue, allowing for plenty of friendlies/money match's without slowing the tournament

*Two GIANT 40' tv's, one for brawl and one for melee, allowing for mass hype on during the finals

*With livestream on both of these tv's to be broadcast around the world!

the link to the main page: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297385

i hope to see you all there!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
lol, can't believe I missed this. w/e.

Is there still a Scottish smash scene? I'm moving back home for a year or so.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Melee

Edinburgh has 3-4 active players, Dundee is about the same.

I'm not so sure about other places.

The numbers in Dundee are pretty low, but we're active. We usually end up playing at least once a week. I don't know what the Edinburgh players are up to though.

Brawl

???

No Brawl in Scotland lool.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
*sigh* I guess I'll have to go down to England to get some Brawl in. Damn.

Melee does sound good, but a bit of a ways from Glasgow. Maybe I'll make Edinburgh my destination instead.

I'll have to look up the PAL-NTSC differences. I hope Marth is nerfed in some way that makes it possible for Mewtwo to deal with him.

*EDIT* No real differences except on Ganon for chars I play, and even then I'm not too sure if it's a nerf. Depending on where I go, you just might have a new Melee player.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
hey the scene in edinburgh has pretty much died. me and shiftingshadows have started playing starcraft 2 recently lol but if u feel like playing melee come on down and give us a shout and we'd be happy to play :)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Alrighty. Pretty cool, I've been leaning toward Edinburgh over Glasgow for a while now. Also, does anybody play 64? It's my favourite of the 3, it'd be pretty pimp if there are people to play it with over there.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
supreme dirt - yeah we do play some 64 but none of us are any good. I personally like melee the most out of all 3 games :p. Where abouts in scotland are u gonna be staying?

rustediron - yeah SC2 is the ****. what race do u play?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For me, 64 > Melee = Brawl.

Oh, and Minus >> Everything, it's a pity they still don't have a PAL codeset for the current version.

As to where I'm staying, I'm not sure yet. Right now I'm trying to figure out the logistics of getting there. Probably somewhere in Edinburgh with family. I'm coming to work for a year or so. Right now I'm just struggling to find a job over here so I can make up the airfare and money to live on until I get a job there.

Also SC2 just isn't my kind of game.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Also awesome.

Right now I'm just trying to find a job over here to make up the airfare and about a month or so of living expenses for while I look for a job there.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Just came here to say I hate you lot....and also I love you lot :confused:

But yeah I actually wanted to ask if you lot are coming to GT5 as I really want to play you lot again and also one of my OoC member is supremely upset to losing to ShiftingShawdos (Gantz) and we continously rub it in his face since it's meant to be his best MU, and that a guy from Scotland just randomly travelled to the UK and beat him....so yeah you got a bit of hyped surrounded by you Scotties...so yeah, it's not debatable, your coming :bee:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Just came here to say I hate you lot....and also I love you lot :confused:

But yeah I actually wanted to ask if you lot are coming to GT5 as I really want to play you lot again and also one of my OoC member is supremely upset to losing to ShiftingShawdos (Gantz) and we continously rub it in his face since it's meant to be his best MU, and that a guy from Scotland just randomly travelled to the UK and beat him....so yeah you got a bit of hyped surrounded by you Scotties...so yeah, it's not debatable, your coming :bee:
looooooooool when did this happen? rapeeee

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
sorry that just made me laugh u cant up throw up air jiggs shes gets out of grab stun to fast. Only reason im posting here is cos i got a shiny new phone which does a bit more then me old 3310

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'm not to sure what you mean lol.

your laughing because he can't upthrow uair jiggs?

or your laughing because you can't do it in general?

if its the latter, you defiantly can LOL

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Down in Edinburgh for a bit. Don't have a controller, but I'm up to play melee at some point if anyone's free.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So I might be coming as early as July.

Though I'm considering waiting until after Apex, since I want to go for Smash 64.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Holy crap I've only just noticed this thread right now.

*unsubscribes old thread*

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
(random scrub post)
im pretty sure some people have made it possible via emulator just like 64
anything is possible

Top Bottom