• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, the voices of the Thieves were a nice touch. It is kind of funny they brought the whole cast in just to record the trailers and new versions of lines they already said in P5 itself though...
Sakurai:

Ahhhhhhh, that definitely makes sense. It is an easy wound to reopen, but one worth doing for BBTAG! Her moveset would also be super fun to see in a 2d fighter too...
She has some of the greatest moveset potential of the cast when it comes to BBTAG. Seriously, they could make a moveset out of her fight against team CRDL alone.
Yeah, same... I guess it depends on how effectively the 2.0 update and (assumed) second wave of DLC keeps the community alive and keeps sales up. BBTAG is getting a lot more competition in the anime fighter category, mostly coming from other ArcSys games, but still a force to be reckoned with.
While anime fighters are certainly competition, I would be more worried about any other tag team fighter that pops up. Also, it's always kinda weird when a games competition are games made by the same developer.
It's tragic, though I am not the type to mediate on the what could have been, especially in situations like this. It just makes me sad.
I don't try to do that either, but with RWBY it always kinda pops up for me.
Well, you're not alone, as I definitely heard and saw reports it was on the third Friday from other people too. So, unless you secretly are everyone I speak to BBTAG about, then it was a common misconception.
My guess is that this event was put on 3rd Fridays before being moved for some reason.

True. Sae didn't even have a kiss though. Both were kind of weirdly out-of-place in their own ways, but Sae's feels a lot more like a direct tease for sure.

Also, like, people probably would want to date Akechi over Ryuji if they're adding male-male romantic relationships.
Sae did have some hand holding though(It's in a reflection at the end), and that somehow has more impact to me when it comes to the possibility of it being a tease.

I know people who would disagree with that, but I know more people who would be on that like moths to a flame. Akechi romance also feels more natural to put in, as the new confidant will have us actually get a chance to bond with him on a more casual level.
Ooooo. That'd be a tense dynamic. I like it.
Yeah, it would certainly make Akechi trying to kill Joker all the more difficult in a number of ways. Actually, this connection could explain something that has bothered me for so long. That being the first lines we heard from Akechi in the trailers.
Akechi: "You should know me by now. Did you think this would please me...being shown mercy? I don't want your pity. Are you really this spineless?"
I always assumed that this line was being directed towards Joker(As the scene has someone approaching him in the interrogation room), but I don't see how this line really fits any possible context. How would him discovering he was not dead super early elicit this sort of reaction? And I doubt this is addressed to Joker as well, as when the Phantom thieves showed mercy to him, he had a very different reaction. Perhaps it's his use of "spineless" that is getting at me, but what if he is talking to Kasumi? She seems to believe herself to be nothing without the help of Joker.
Agreed about the Sae comparison. It's an effective strategy. And uh. Yeah. It's getting not subtle.
I wonder how many other people are thinking of this possibility. I haven't really looked into general P5R speculation outside a few YouTube video's, so I wouldn't know.

Also, we have passed the 1,000 post mark. Congrats on being post 1,000 amageish amageish .

Honestly, it was so lucky that the Jane file was a thing that was left in, found and noted to the community. It has been fun watching the speculation behind her evolve, from possible FeMC skin to potential Joker echo that could be a FeMC in her own unique(If tragic) way.

amageish

Smash Master
She has some of the greatest moveset potential of the cast when it comes to BBTAG. Seriously, they could make a moveset out of her fight against team CRDL alone.
Definitely. A great weapon combination with a history of great action scenes, plus top-tier fan-service potential. While I don't predict another RWBY character, I can see why Koefficient put her in his predictions for the next 5 characters.

While anime fighters are certainly competition, I would be more worried about any other tag team fighter that pops up. Also, it's always kinda weird when a games competition are games made by the same developer.
That is very fair. I am just thinking about EVO 2020, as they will have a lot of ArcSys options by then... I feel confident that it'll survive at least in EVO Japan and will have a decently-sized competitive scene, but I could see it losing its EVO spot if Guilty Gear and Granblue are both out with lots of buzz around them...

I don't try to do that either, but with RWBY it always kinda pops up for me.
That is very fair. It is a bigger elephant in the room then in some series.

My guess is that this event was put on 3rd Fridays before being moved for some reason.
Seems like a safe guess.

Sae did have some hand holding though(It's in a reflection at the end), and that somehow has more impact to me when it comes to the possibility of it being a tease.
Totally fair. It is unique in its build-up and its abnormality, while Ryuji was handled pretty casually

I know people who would disagree with that, but I know more people who would be on that like moths to a flame. Akechi romance also feels more natural to put in, as the new confidant will have us actually get a chance to bond with him on a more casual level.
Yup. I honestly could see them doing it too. They're a duo that is famously shipped and ATLUS obviously knows the popularity. Akechi also doesn't seem to make any statements implying any sort of seuality in the base game from what I recall, so it wouldn't risk being the retcon that some argue Ryuji or Yusuke would be (even though I feel like Ryuji has a Yosuke-esque overcompensation going on).

Yeah, it would certainly make Akechi trying to kill Joker all the more difficult in a number of ways. Actually, this connection could explain something that has bothered me for so long. That being the first lines we heard from Akechi in the trailers.
Akechi: "You should know me by now. Did you think this would please me...being shown mercy? I don't want your pity. Are you really this spineless?"
I always assumed that this line was being directed towards Joker(As the scene has someone approaching him in the interrogation room), but I don't see how this line really fits any possible context. How would him discovering he was not dead super early elicit this sort of reaction? And I doubt this is addressed to Joker as well, as when the Phantom thieves showed mercy to him, he had a very different reaction. Perhaps it's his use of "spineless" that is getting at me, but what if he is talking to Kasumi? She seems to believe herself to be nothing without the help of Joker.
That is an interesting line for sure... I'm very confused... Could it be a second round in the room after Akechi survives and Joker has gone to jail in December? Maybe? They just put him back in the same room for... uh... symbolism, I guess...

It being to Kasumi would make more sense, but also I don't know when she'd have the chance to show him mercy? I guess she could be hanging around the Thieves personaless and witness his fight with the Thieves, but also why would she be back in the room after it...

I wonder how many other people are thinking of this possibility. I haven't really looked into general P5R speculation outside a few YouTube video's, so I wouldn't know.
I haven't even looked at YouTube videos. I kind of tuned out of general speculation as I got tired of the debates if Kasumi was a "mary sue." It seems like people are using the term nowadays just to mean "Character who is strong, but not a character I am already attached to," as Kasumi being able to *check notes* do acrobatics good doesn't seem quite as impressive as Joker's *check notes* killing God with his sheer will and rebellion against societal norms.

Also, we have passed the 1,000 post mark. Congrats on being post 1,000 amageish amageish .

Honestly, it was so lucky that the Jane file was a thing that was left in, found and noted to the community. It has been fun watching the speculation behind her evolve, from possible FeMC skin to potential Joker echo that could be a FeMC in her own unique(If tragic) way.
Thanks! Yay 1000 posts!

Yeah, it has been an interesting journey for sure.

I also find it funny how some are now speculating that Jane is Kasumi from DoA. I don't think that makes much sense, as other characters should logically serve as better molds for her (plus, if we take Sakurai at his word, the update that came out in December claimed he was just starting work on characters 1-3, meaning that character 4 wouldn't have their ponytail ready and modelled prior to Joker's release), but I am amused by them sharing the same name.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
[
Thanks! Yay 1000 posts!

Yeah, it has been an interesting journey for sure.

I also find it funny how some are now speculating that Jane is Kasumi from DoA. I don't think that makes much sense, as other characters should logically serve as better molds for her (plus, if we take Sakurai at his word, the update that came out in December claimed he was just starting work on characters 1-3, meaning that character 4 wouldn't have their ponytail ready and modelled prior to Joker's release), but I am amused by them sharing the same name.
Some people have even mistaken my most wanted to be Kasumi from DoA despite it being Kasumi from P5R, I just find it sort of amusing. Here’s hoping we actually get her in Smash!

Kasumi (DOA) speculation probably has something to do with the female fighter-looking character leak.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Definitely. A great weapon combination with a history of great action scenes, plus top-tier fan-service potential. While I don't predict another RWBY character, I can see why Koefficient put her in his predictions for the next 5 characters.
Yeah, I don't exactly agree with that video 100% as well, but Pyrrha would be a major win if she were in this new pack.
That is very fair. I am just thinking about EVO 2020, as they will have a lot of ArcSys options by then... I feel confident that it'll survive at least in EVO Japan and will have a decently-sized competitive scene, but I could see it losing its EVO spot if Guilty Gear and Granblue are both out with lots of buzz around them...
Yeah, they could easily lose their spot. Right now the two things it has that could have it go for another year is the tag team element(Not much there in that regard) and the potential for a crazy announcement. The tank really drew in some attention, and I imagine more people might tune if there is that potential for crazy announcements.

Yup. I honestly could see them doing it too. They're a duo that is famously shipped and ATLUS obviously knows the popularity. Akechi also doesn't seem to make any statements implying any sort of seuality in the base game from what I recall, so it wouldn't risk being the retcon that some argue Ryuji or Yusuke would be (even though I feel like Ryuji has a Yosuke-esque overcompensation going on).
While I do agree that Ryuji has some overcompensation going on, it's not nearly as notable as Yosuke. And yeah, Akechi is very much a mystery when it comes to attraction, so retconing would be a non-issue.
That is an interesting line for sure... I'm very confused... Could it be a second round in the room after Akechi survives and Joker has gone to jail in December? Maybe? They just put him back in the same room for... uh... symbolism, I guess...

It being to Kasumi would make more sense, but also I don't know when she'd have the chance to show him mercy? I guess she could be hanging around the Thieves personaless and witness his fight with the Thieves, but also why would she be back in the room after it...
Well, he is in the same pose as when he just tricked Akechi and is still pretty beaten up, so I think it's the same visit.

Maybe it has something to do with her saving him rather than sparing him, as we still don't know how he lives to see beyond Shido's palace. Idk, this is where things start to get more uncertain. I don't think the line is meant for that room, though it probably does have connections to the characters in it. The fact that they don't show who is approaching Joker, then have it switch to him in the middle of Tokyo Square leave me rather unsure.
I haven't even looked at YouTube videos. I kind of tuned out of general speculation as I got tired of the debates if Kasumi was a "mary sue." It seems like people are using the term nowadays just to mean "Character who is strong, but not a character I am already attached to," as Kasumi being able to *check notes* do acrobatics good doesn't seem quite as impressive as Joker's *check notes* killing God with his sheer will and rebellion against societal norms.
Ahh, I can understand that. Hopefully that logic has died down by now.

I have seen people trying to say Jane is Jill from Resident Evil. I guess that works a little better than DoA Kasumi, but it's still a little hard to justify when Kasumi lines up so perfectly. Not always been the biggest fan of Occam's razor(Not all answers are the most simple), but it really is applicable to this whole Jane thing.
Some people have even mistaken my most wanted to be Kasumi from DoA despite it being Kasumi from P5R, I just find it sort of amusing. Here’s hoping we actually get her in Smash!

Kasumi (DOA) speculation probably has something to do with the female fighter-looking character leak.
Is that leak still alive?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If I recall, the reason it's believed that the character is from a fighting game is because of her idle, yes?
I thought it was the design that looked like it would belong in a fighting game... I don’t remember

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't exactly agree with that video 100% as well, but Pyrrha would be a major win if she were in this new pack.
Definitely. Inb4 it's Emerald, joining Blitztank in the camp of "One of the least logical characters in the datamine gets confirmed for the first new patch,"

Yeah, they could easily lose their spot. Right now the two things it has that could have it go for another year is the tag team element(Not much there in that regard) and the potential for a crazy announcement. The tank really drew in some attention, and I imagine more people might tune if there is that potential for crazy announcements.
That is true. I feel like it's biggest risk could be a MvC game in that regard, as it would have both tag-team elements (even if it would hopefully be 3v3) and the crossover power, but with slightly more famous series crossing over.

While I do agree that Ryuji has some overcompensation going on, it's not nearly as notable as Yosuke. And yeah, Akechi is very much a mystery when it comes to attraction, so retconing would be a non-issue.
Oh, yeah, it's not at Yosuke's level, but there is still some moments of "I AM VERY STRAIGHT, EVERYONE." Akechi seems like a safe bet overall though.

Well, he is in the same pose as when he just tricked Akechi and is still pretty beaten up, so I think it's the same visit.
Oh. Hadn't thought about the beating up factor. Okay, not a clue then!

Maybe it has something to do with her saving him rather than sparing him, as we still don't know how he lives to see beyond Shido's palace. Idk, this is where things start to get more uncertain. I don't think the line is meant for that room, though it probably does have connections to the characters in it. The fact that they don't show who is approaching Joker, then have it switch to him in the middle of Tokyo Square leave me rather unsure.
Yeah... I'm very very very confused about some moments in the trailers...

I have seen people trying to say Jane is Jill from Resident Evil. I guess that works a little better than DoA Kasumi, but it's still a little hard to justify when Kasumi lines up so perfectly. Not always been the biggest fan of Occam's razor(Not all answers are the most simple), but it really is applicable to this whole Jane thing.
Kasumi makes more sense then the others for sure. Jill from Resident Evil strikes me as more logical then DoA Kasumi though, both in terms of popularity and in terms of having at least a couple weapons shared with Joker (even though ZSS sounds like a better model for her to me).

Is that leak still alive?
It's one of those leaks that won't die until the pass is over, at which point it will have been proven right or wrong.

The entire leak is just: A Japanese Twitter user claims to have a friend who saw inside Smash's development, seeing the VR mode before LABO VR was announced, Hero before he was announced, and a female character who "looked like they were from a fighting game" wielding a flying/projectile weapon. There is no specification of why the character made the person think they were from a fighting game - it could be the user's friend half-recongized them and just doesn't know their fighting games well enough to name them, or it could have been based on a fighting-game-y aesthetic. We don't know.

That does make it a leak we will probably never know the validity of, unless we get someone who exactly meets the requirements (Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown seeming to be the most common suggestion for someone who literally is a female fighting game character with a literal flying bird weapon). Any female character or any character who looks androgynous but has a flying weapon could be argued as confirming the leak as it's super duper vague.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the pure-white colouration of the first part of the new dungeon does vaguely make me think of something medical/therapy-related

wonder if the new confidant has any kind of connection to it

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Woah. You think we'll get one of these for each of the confidants too?
I think it would only be for new confidants. Perhaps Jose will get one.
the pure-white colouration of the first part of the new dungeon does vaguely make me think of something medical/therapy-related

wonder if the new confidant has any kind of connection to it
I saw several people think several elements of the palace are rather hospital-like.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
noticed something a little familiar about cendrillon's pose in her artwork

1566519392076.png

coincidence?

possibly

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Honestly, if there's any character I'm betting on it's Kasumi. It's just too obvious. Mechanically it works perfectly, thematically it works perfectly, Joker lend himself well to an echo where the difference is balance like Chrom and Lucina (stronger base form and weaker persona), and the Jane file is ridiculously damning.Especially since there's literally no possible way she could ever have been just an alt. She's far too different. That only made sense when we thought she was fem mc.

Not to mention Sakurai is a huge Persona fanboy and smash fans are eager for more female characters. I have no opinion on her, and I don't understand why people love her so much when her game hasn't even come out yet (though I'll probably grow to love her once it does given my history with nearly all persona characters), but she's one of the most no brainer characters in smash history. I can't believe more people aren't on this train.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
new announcement of some kind coming on the 30th alongside a live concert

also there's new artwork from soejima and it's very clean

View attachment 235444
I winder if tge announcement is at all linked with the Proof of Justice episode. And the art is great. I have seen all of these thief art individually before(They were in a magazine), except for Kasumi and the slightly diffrent Joker art.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
what a twist

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
what a twist
[snip]
you think... HE’S the one behind the “wish world”?

Also I still say the fact his Consultant arcana has the Arabic number 1, isn’t just a fact from his arcana... it probably will have significance

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you think... HE’S the one behind the “wish world”?

Also I still say the fact his Consultant arcana has the Arabic number 1, isn’t just a fact from his arcana... it probably will have significance
whatever the case, i'd say he's probably the actual new villain

kasumi was speculated as being secretly evil or whatever for a long while, but seeing as she joins for the new dungeon and the new dungeon alone, it seems unlikely to me that they'd suddenly force her into a villainous role at the very tail end

this dude is prime material for "oh btw i actually wish-granting god in disguise"

after all, who better to be privy to people's private wishes than a therapist?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Maruki is most certainly P5’s equivalent of Shuji Ikutsuki and Tohru Adachi. Now the question is how does he tie with Yaldabaoth. Is he him in disguise, a pawn of him (willingly or unwittingly), or is he independent of him?

Personally leaning towards him being behind the dream world when Yaldy granted his wish for such a world, Yaldy being the Grail and whatnot. Don't think he's Yaldy in disguise, but I do think he could be a different deity though. Maybe a SMT fan might be able to identify such a deity, demon, god, or monster whose backstory or motives revolve around dreams, wishes, and the what-not.

You don't think Maruki is Nyarlathotep of all things, right?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
whatever the case, i'd say he's probably the actual new villain

kasumi was speculated as being secretly evil or whatever for a long while, but seeing as she joins for the new dungeon and the new dungeon alone, it seems unlikely to me that they'd suddenly force her into a villainous role at the very tail end

this dude is prime material for "oh btw i actually wish-granting god in disguise"

after all, who better to be privy to people's private wishes than a therapist?
But would a god need to be a therapist to know this stuff? It can bring impossible things into existence and disguise itself as an actual person, but not know the deeper elements to people?

Still think this guy is evil and has something to do with the wishes, just not sure he would be that big.

Maruki is most certainly P5’s equivalent of Shuji Ikutsuki and Tohru Adachi. Now the question is how does he tie with Yaldabaoth. Is he him in disguise, a pawn of him (willingly or unwittingly), or is he independent of him?

Personally leaning towards him being behind the dream world when Yaldy granted his wish for such a world, Yaldy being the Grail and whatnot. Don't think he's Yaldy in disguise, but I do think he could be a different deity though. Maybe a SMT fan might be able to identify such a deity, demon, god, or monster whose backstory or motives revolve around dreams, wishes, and the what-not.

I don't feel he ties into Yaldabaoth at all. If he is related to the wishes, then almost absolutely not. The sort of wish fulfillment that we are seeing is very different from anything Yaldabaoth did and would ever do with the goals he has. Me and amageish amageish have discussed who it could be, with specific focus on one gnostic god who is on a similar level to Yaldabaoth, but I can't recall who that god is. Not the most knowledgeable on the subject.

Also, I guess we are going to get some confidant trailers. With the sort of intro they had at the start(With how flashy it is and how it included the confidants), I feel as if this is going to be another recurring thing. Just wish there was a sub of the trailer, as the trailer is rather dialogue heavy.

Edit:
Btw amageish amageish , the BBTAG stuff from the stream was just chibi stuff. Still great though. Not many video's of it, so I will link Koefficient's reaction.

It's strange how Chibi Blitztank is somehow more creepy than it's normal form when it's doing nothing, but it's emotes make it so stinking cute. Also find it weird how Koe finds Blitztank once being a human funny. He seems to think it's just soul thing though.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

I don't think he's tied to Yaldabaoth at all. Gnosticism is an ancient varient on Christianity that included two gods - Yaldabaoth is the god of the Old Testament who created the world and the rules that governed it and Sophia is the god of the New Testament who gave wisdom to humanity and may also literally be Jesus depending on your interpretation. I'd be shocked if Sophia wasn't the villain of the new term, as it is kind of super weird that she doesn't appear at all in P5 when the entire game rallies around gnostic symbolism.

With Yaldabaoth out of the way, Sophia probably will go "My time to shine!" and attempt to "help" humanity by granting wishes. I'm guessing she will be a bit more "Road to hell is paved with good intentions" then Yaldy was, with Maruki being her willing pawn.

I did notice the return of Cuthulu demons that have been MIA for a while as well, but that could just be a result of them needing to move the demons around to fit the new Arcanas. One imagines a lot of priests/priestesses/worshippers will be going into Faith and a bunch of guiding figures will be going into Consultant, so they may be scattering Lovecraftian demons throughout the whole tarot deck just to pad it out a bit more. Which I welcome - I always like seeing more demons make their way into 3D games. They should finally give us Jack the Ripper while they're at it though... Also Blue Hawaii Frost, as the fact we have a Jack Frost based on a cocktail amuses me.

I guess we are going to get some confidant trailers. With the sort of intro they had at the start(With how flashy it is and how it included the confidants), I feel as if this is going to be another recurring thing. Just wish there was a sub of the trailer, as the trailer is rather dialogue heavy.
I guess they need more weekly trailers until it comes out in Japan... Which makes sense, I suppose. I imagine a lot of them will be repeating P5 info though.

Btw amageish amageish , the BBTAG stuff from the stream was just chibi stuff. Still great though. Not many video's of it, so I will link Koefficient's reaction.

It's strange how Chibi Blitztank is somehow more creepy than it's normal form when it's doing nothing, but it's emotes make it so stinking cute. Also find it weird how Koe finds Blitztank once being a human funny. He seems to think it's just soul thing though.
Welp. I guess they'll pack the big news into the next two streams? The emotes are very cute though. I feel like the part that makes Blitztank being a human trapped inside of a tank funny is that the community has already memed him to death, so the fact that it has one of the darkest origins for any character in BBTAG is a bit funny in an unexpected way?

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if there's any character I'm betting on it's Kasumi. It's just too obvious. Mechanically it works perfectly, thematically it works perfectly, Joker lend himself well to an echo where the difference is balance like Chrom and Lucina (stronger base form and weaker persona), and the Jane file is ridiculously damning.Especially since there's literally no possible way she could ever have been just an alt. She's far too different. That only made sense when we thought she was fem mc.

Not to mention Sakurai is a huge Persona fanboy and smash fans are eager for more female characters. I have no opinion on her, and I don't understand why people love her so much when her game hasn't even come out yet (though I'll probably grow to love her once it does given my history with nearly all persona characters), but she's one of the most no brainer characters in smash history. I can't believe more people aren't on this train.
I would agree but the only thing that is honestly holding me back is the potential idea of us not getting any DLC characters beyond the fighter pass. I mostly just want her because I would love to have another character from P5 even if it's not her specifically, and since she's decently likely I'm all-in on the support train :p

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, this is interesting.
The fact that there is apparently multiple endings is rather curious. I know Persona is known for having a bad ending or two, but that feels different from what they are describing. The fact that they also are aiming for a story where the previous story and ending can still be appreciated also says something about the game.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Don't do this to me.

Where is this even from? And I am having a hard time seeing this persons confidant.
looks to be famitsu leaks as usual, hence its low resolution

we were probably meant to get the full thing tomorrow

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Kinda looks like Philemon from the older Persona games
I think that's who this person reminded me of when I was mentioning old Persona. I mean, perhaps that is the reason they are keeping his actual face a mystery?
looks to be famitsu leaks as usual, hence its low resolution

we were probably meant to get the full thing tomorrow
Makes sense. Kinda out of nowhere though.

But what does the Sacrifice card mean for this person? It's number is 12, so it's a different version of the Hanged Man.

Edit:
Okay, it appars to be fake. Cool fake though.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
fake is definitely possible given mystic's hesitance, though i wonder if that screencap might be from an ingame animated cutscene

would require a lot of trawling through P5A to find though

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
fake is definitely possible given mystic's hesitance, though i wonder if that screencap might be from an ingame animated cutscene

would require a lot of trawling through P5A to find though
Welp, looks like some people are gonna have to binge P5A to find the frame the pic is from

amageish

Smash Master
That image definitely strikes me as suspect - I doubt they'd wait until now to reveal it if it was true, the Japanese is apparently bad, and it'd be really out of character for ATLUS to suddenly now include something that is referencing P1/2 so directly. Hopefully the person who made it does come forward if it's fake and starts a YouTube channel called Personaified though, as holy cow it looks amazing visually.

If it is real, then... uh... Throw away all of our previous speculation, as things got super weird suddenly.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, was that leak fake? Assume that has been figured out by now. In the meantime, I found a Twitter artist who made some really nice Kasumi art.
I don't think it is confirmed either way and won't be until the Famitsu issue comes out. People have also, uh, gotten a bit distracted by other leaks of the non-P5 variety.

Also, speculation question I've been thinking about a lot lately: What are your hopes for the roster of Persona 5 Scramble? The game's obviously had a rough reaction just due to Warriors games being divisive, but I think it's worth thinking about what characters they would put into it....

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't think it is confirmed either way and won't be until the Famitsu issue comes out. People have also, uh, gotten a bit distracted by other leaks of the non-P5 variety.

Also, speculation question I've been thinking about a lot lately: What are your hopes for the roster of Persona 5 Scramble? The game's obviously had a rough reaction just due to Warriors games being divisive, but I think it's worth thinking about what characters they would put into it....
Yeah, lot's of leaking shenanigans are happening.

I think anyone who is playable in P5R is a safe bet. That's 10 off the bat, but is that enough for a base game Warriors cast? Not really, so I feel they will include Caroline and Justine(And possibly some other attendants), as well as a few characters from the previous games. From there, it's just a question of if this will be a Q situation and have all the old characters travel in time or if they will actually age them up.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, lot's of leaking shenanigans are happening.

I think anyone who is playable in P5R is a safe bet. That's 10 off the bat, but is that enough for a base game Warriors cast? Not really, so I feel they will include Caroline and Justine(And possibly some other attendants), as well as a few characters from the previous games. From there, it's just a question of if this will be a Q situation and have all the old characters travel in time or if they will actually age them up.
Yeah. And, frankly, there are some random 4chan leaks that I think are being... overwatched! HAHAHAHAHA!

HAHA

ha

heh.

Anyway, base Warriors rosters can very wildly, especially based on the uniqueness of movesets. A dozen characters is a pretty safe standard number though, so the party members of P5R plus 1-2 OCs would make sense to me. Then they can add throwbacks as DLC, possibly with a story map about the P3 and P4 casts getting roped in.

That said, I do also have a weirder idea that would definitely cause some salt: don't maximize the playable characters, but instead maximize the personas. All the characters are wild cards with their own unique standard attacks, but there are 20-30 personas who change the special attacks completely. It'd make it a more unique Warriors game with both more and less movesets then usual, depending on how you count it.

So, that gives us Joker, Yu, and Aigis as protagonists. Akechi's wild card status is unclear, as we only see him use two personas in the game, though I believe he uses more in the anime, but let's just say he is in because popularity. Kasumi will also probably have some version of the wild card, as I believe was teased in a Famitsu article once? I may be imagining that.

Then any Velvet Room attendant would have the wild card by default. They could bring the P3 protagonist back from the dead in this game instead of Arena if they wanted him with his wild card as well, or they could drag the P3 FeMC out of her parallel universe. I feel like the P3 crowd would be best saved for Arena though.

I have found it funny what little P5S speculation I've seen has been like though, as a lot of less-hardcore Persona fans have gotten involved with it due to Smash rising its profile. Take this tweet from Derrick of GameXplain.

Yeah, uh, P1/P2 fans gave up long ago dude.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

The P5 playable cast, the P4 playable cast, the P3 playable cast, the Velvet room attendants, the members of Strega, and
Adachi
Themed Musuo games are made by the roster. 12 characters is abysmal for one of these. If it has just P5, the best it can be is average. This cast could make it great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom