• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Peach Guide + New Noob Guide

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
We also order crazy bread.
Well, I'd love to contribute to this.

Problem is that Peach is played in many different ways. This is because she is a very mentally draining character. IMO you need to take about 3x more time to really understand her basics, which can still be difficult for some to get down.

I'm not saying she is the most difficult character in the game..

I'm just saying... She's the most difficult character in the game. :|

I'll give my bit in a bit lol.

I'ma eat real quick.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Please answer the questions below, and anything else you feel is important.
Hey guys I'm Illmatic I'm usually the one trolling around the boards or messing around. Although I kid alot, I take my character very seriously and I would love to try and help out. If you have any further questions feel free to leave me a shoutout on my wall or just private message me, I like to think I'm a pretty friendly guy.

What is best focused on when learning Peach?
Float

I believe when you pick up Peach you need to realize she is totally different from the rest of the cast. She has one thing that sets her apart from others and that is her float. I can't stress this enough, you have to know when to use it and how to apply it in certain situations. It can help you with better reads which set up for kills, can get you out of hazardous situations, and a multitude of other tactics. I love watching new players pick up Peach because they unpredictable. They don't know what to do in certain situations with their float and it can really throw an opponent off that has matchup experience against Peach. It's hard to understand - but once you really understand the mechanics of float and can play at a higher level, I bet anyone could back me up on what I'm trying to get across.

Basically to sum matters up float is a neccessity when using Peach - without it she is top of low tier at best.

What are common mistakes?
Dont give up too early.

There are soo many common mistakes you can run into when playing as Peach. First of all she's a draining character, she requires alot of patience, practice, and technicality to really understand her. You can be playing superb one day and the next lose to a random. One common mistake in my opinion would be thinking a matchup is near impossible - or giving up on the character too soon. You have to realize (like stated before) she's different from all the rest and requires a certain mindset to play.

As far as gameplay there is a pool of mistakes I can think of from the top of my head.

Glidetossing forward into shield

Oh my god, this will get you punished out the *** if you do it too much. Basically your glidetossing (like Diddy Kong) into your opponent except that the item you are wielding isnt a banana which can cause trips, but rather a crappy old turnip which will do an average of 13% damage at best. Your opponent isn't scared of that ****. If they have a brain they are going to shield it and either shield grab you or Oos a good attack and punish you hard. Please be wary of your forward glidetosses, Peach dies at a very early percentage and too many may cause you the match.

Dair, Dair - Everywhere

Don't get me wrong Dair is probably one of our best moves but God almighty don't do it too much. It's good for spacing in certain situations but if you continue to do it over and over again you will get predictable easily. Guys this isn't Metaknight's broken *** Tornado it CAN be punished, terribly at that. Because Peach is floaty she is going to get tossed around like a rag doll if you start getting stringed because you Dair'd under the wrong circumstances. Try other moves to space such as Bair, Nair, hell even Fair, just please dont Dair too much. (Formally known as a Wifi Peach - This used to be my biggest problem)

Staleing Your Fair

It's our best kill move. Everyone knows Peach has trouble killing. Don't use Fair too much and you will find sucess ALOT easier. It's as simple as that.

Not Using Every Move

Peach has GOOD moves that people NEVER use. I'm a believer that every move has a purpose or can be used in certain situations. Three moves that come to mind that have alot of potential are Dtilt, Dsmash, and Forward Dash. These are superb attacks and aren't used too often. Try experimenting with them and using them to the best of your ability. **** what everyone else says, if it's working for you - do it. You may drastically change the metagame.

Peach Bomb = Suicide

I recently discovered this about a good week or two ago. Peach Bomb is pretty bad. I'm not saying to never use it - but throw it out with alot of caution. The move has terrible lag and can cause you to die from a charged smash from your opponent at a very low percentage. Sometimes throw it out if you are feeling risky because the reward is immense, but keep in mind I told ya' so, haha.

Which are Peach's best moves and when are they best used?
Alright enough with the negatives, lets get to the positives, Peach has alot of great moves afterall.

Dair

Best move, by far. I will argue with anyone who disagrees. This move is insane. It can intimidate your opponents as far as approaching goes because if it's outstanding priority and the amount of damage it can rack up in such a short period of time. Learn it, love it. Learn the Dair -> Dair -> Up Air -> Utilt string, learn other strings, make up your own strings, learn to read your opponents DI so you can punish them even if they think they are escaping it. Pleaseeee use this move.

Nair

So insanely fast. This move is great to use OoS. Metaknight gliding into you? Shield nair. Kirby Bair'ing you? Shield nair. This move has soo many uses, and it can also kill - keep that in mind. Don't try to stale it, but if the opportunity comes to where you can use it - take full advantage of it.

Bair / Double hit Nair

These moves eat shields and give alot of damage. It's hard to do consistently and get down but once you do it will help your gameplay. Basically you want to Bair or Nair then immediately drop your float and do it again. Try it out, the moves are good. Bair is also a good move for spacing.

Turnips

Awww yee, now we are getting into that top level I'm fixing to time you out cause I'm a pansy mode Peach. Turnips are a great projectile because they have mobility. Keep in mind that when you pull a turnip your opponent will automatically go into "defensive" mode because they want to react off of your throw and shield. With that taken into consideration take advantage of it. If your opponent doesn't have a projectile - more than half of the time your goal should be timing them out, and turnips should be used ALOT. How are they going to approach if you have control over an infinite amount of projectiles? Brawl is a defensive game if you think out what you are doing constantly it leads to greater success.

Fair

This IS our kill move. Don't overuse it. You NEED it. Learn to ground float with it, space with it, whatever - just use it sparingly. It's good and has great range.

How do you kill?
I believe Pierce7d stated his opinion on this while discussing Peach's position in the Back Room as to where she should be placed on the tier list. Arguments arose on how she would be higher if she had "that" kill move or "this" kill move. Pierce7d simply stated it's not the character but the player - we need a Peach who can get better reads. I totally agree. That's the Peach I believe I am and am striving to be better at. Peach has a float and has amazing aerial mobility, we need to start abusing that. Reads are what separates the pro Peaches from the good Peaches. Whatever works for me - works. I try not to overuse my kill moves, but when I get in one of those good reads, because I threw my opponent off, and have the lead - thats where my character can strive.

How do you survive, DI, and recover?
I got that African DI. -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptrJxD6Ms7g#t=2m17s <-

Uair -> Jump then float aim for the corners - it takes practice.

Which ATs are most important and how should they be used and learned?
Uair string in my opinion is stupid. It's almost impossible to pull off and if you do pull it off your too busy getting damage from trying to do it in the first place. Bonewalking / Freepulling ... ehhh I guess they're alright it moves you a couple of squares but I think it's getting overyhped. Just do whatever you feel works best for you.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Something I figured out. If u hit the opponent with a jab(both times) u can immediately follow into a dash attack. Dash attack is fast enough to be a surprise. Although, a ftilt will beat the dash attack tho so don't become predictable with it. I hope this isn't already in the guide lol.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Something I figured out. If u hit the opponent with a jab(both times) u can immediately follow into a dash attack. Dash attack is fast enough to be a surprise. Although, a ftilt will beat the dash attack tho so don't become predictable with it. I hope this isn't already in the guide lol.
This actually works surprisingly well as long as you don't try to spam it. Jab, Jab, Dash grab too.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
before i ask, does this thread also work as a Q&A thread?

if not direct me please :3

Winnar

Smash Lord
So I think I might be picking up Peach. This guide is basically the best thing ever

:D hi guys

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I like this guide honestly. Peach was always my favorite character from the Mario Bros. series and liked her in Melee. I use her a lot though she isn't my main. In actual I don't have a main in Brawl because I pick up any character I'm in the mood for. Otherwise I use Peach a lot. I consider myself average if best with her. I'd like to get better with her.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Well Supa I invite you to hang around the boards more and get used to the community here. I'm sure you can learn a lot more about the character in some of our discussions. You can also make use of the video critique section if you happen to have footage of your Peach playing up.

:rosalina:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Well Supa I invite you to hang around the boards more and get used to the community here. I'm sure you can learn a lot more about the character in some of our discussions. You can also make use of the video critique section if you happen to have footage of your Peach playing up.

Thank you very much. I do have a YouTube account I made like 2 years ago made for Super Smash Bros. I mostly upload matches from the randoms I encounter in team battle or basic brawl. Mostly decent or hilarious matches I feel would be good to upload. I got that channel on my sig. I never seeked player out.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm what region do you live in?

It'd be better to get offline 1v1 games up for people to critique. Maybe ladder or friendlies you people with another person. Basic Brawl and Team Battle aren't really good places for practice or finding skilled people lol.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Hmm what region do you live in?

It'd be better to get offline 1v1 games up for people to critique. Maybe ladder or friendlies you people with another person. Basic Brawl and Team Battle aren't really good places for practice or finding skilled people lol.

Florida right now. I got here during March. I definitely agree with you when it comes to basic brawl and team battle. It is nice when there are one or two player that are good. I still find some here and there but overall it doesn't give me enough experience. When I come across those taunt parties or. Anything of the like they drop my mode then when someone does fight me I end up making annoying mistakes.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Ooooh yay so Kyon was right you are in FL. It's nice to see another one here. Hmm you said 'right now' though so does that mean you'll be gone sometime in the future?

You should definitely hang around here more. Aside from me there's two other Peaches in this state. Which city in FL do you live in right now? There's a ton of tournaments coming up. Maybe I can help hook you up with one. WiFi pales in comparison to the good practice you can be getting in this state.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Ooooh yay so Kyon was right you are in FL. It's nice to see another one here. Hmm you said 'right now' though so does that mean you'll be gone sometime in the future?

You should definitely hang around here more. Aside from me there's two other Peaches in this state. Which city in FL do you live in right now? There's a ton of tournaments coming up. Maybe I can help hook you up with one. WiFi pales in comparison to the good practice you can be getting in this state.

Yup. I'm here for 2 year until I pick my next location for my job. I'm in Mayport right now. I say I have been here about 8 months now. I've lived in the west states most of my life so the east states are new for me. Tournaments sound interesting. If work doesn't get too hectic I could take my shot at one.XD

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Ahh I see, you're here for work. Interesting job you have that has you traveling and all.

Yikes Mayport is in North FL lol. Getting to tournaments will actually be kinda difficult for you lol. The closest cities that host tournies is Tallahassee and Orlando.

EDIT: Fine Air lol

The Peach Back Room

Smash Rookie
Update!

• The OP has been condensed for better view-ability.
  • Minor small textual changes.
  • The match-up section has been updated with KO percents. Characters from Bowser to Pit are entirely complete. All characters have partial data, with more data coming soon.
You of course are always invited to provide help in completing any part of the guide!

- Still seeking input for "The Basics: How to Play as Peach" section. Thank you Illmatic. for the fantastic input so far.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Update!

- Still seeking input for "The Basics: How to Play as Peach" section.

What is best focused on when learning Peach?

Have good control over your character. Know what you can and can't do. Learn how to space and use turnips. Not just get one and mindlessly toss them. turnips are not a weapon for damage. You just don't get one and toss them hoping to hit one. Turnips are a damm mindgame. Just by holding a turnip in your hand. You are already toying with your opponents head. When you get one, it buts your opponent on the defense cause they do not wanna get hit. You did not have to do anything to them to screw with them. Turnips are a tool to mess with the mind and THEN get your damage off.

"pluck turnip"
"toss it"

NO!^ There is about maybe 6 steps before you toss it. Also Peach can fight with items in her hand via floating. And she can bring that Floating to the ground for more of a confusing. Your opponent won't be able to tell when you will toss the damm turnip. She is like the drunken master. Maybe His wife, w/e. Just holding that thing in your hand can lead to so much confusing. Hell, might even confuse the hell out of you. Yes it is that serious.

But you can't just focus on one thing. Cause there is match ups where that one thing that you rely on so much gets shut down. Then you got nothing left. Cause you was to busy worrying about Tool A and not work on the other tools. You have to learn everything at an equally level.

Lets say you are learning to mess with turnips. Your turnip game is not 100%. It's a 25%. Work on some other things and make it at least 25% control. That way if your turnip game is shot down, you have some other things to rely on. Call it a back up plan. You have to switch up alot with Peach. Learn everything at an equal level. then start improving it all at an equal level. Balance yourself out. If I had to choose three things to start off with, it would be:

Turnip
Spacing
Evasion

What are common mistakes?

Here are some quotes from the boards and common mistakes people make and think. Then under it stating what is wrong here.

Fair: "To be fair peach's Fair is a good kill move.........it's just always stale"

It's always stales cause Peach players would do anything to a Fair. That is one of Peachs abused moves from a typical Peach player. That is why it is always stale. I explained this already. It's not stale cause of the character. it is stale cause of the player.

" In related news, Peach has to "abuse" her FAir. Peach can't space worth a **** outside of her FAir, basically requiring its consistent use and making it no better a kill option than her weaker kill moves once that time comes. That's not a player flaw, that's a character flaw."

Who, who in the world said You have to abuse her fair? I can space like a God and not have to use that move to do it. She has more spacing options than that one move:

Bair
Nair (Yes I am serious ask NinjaLink how I spaced the hell out of him with this move. wether short hopping or ground floating
Ftilt
Dtilt (plus I can slide back to add spacing x2? What????????)

You don't have to abuse that move, get your spacing up with Peach or learn more about it.

Again its the players fault for not playing and thinking on point, not the character.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that alot of people players are aggressive. like 95% of them. really when they first start her out. Peach is a character you can't be risking stuff. You can't be playing aggressive so loose when this increases the chances of not killing the enemy. This also increases punishment, and meta will have a freaking field day with you. Peach is a character you seriously need a defense and ground game with.

Peachs good quiality will be the end of you. What do I mean by that?:

Fair: Good move with Range and one of her beast killing moves and godly spacing tool that can be auto canceled.

It ends you because: people will be expecting it, you will be using it alot. you just cost yourself a killing move. You will get baited and be predictable. Most Fair to jabs. This is good but doing this over and over (really double jabbing) the player can just jab you our of shield. I do this to Peach players who go in for Fair to double jabs.

Floating: Good for evasion and being immune to most ground attacks while dishing out yours and you become hard to hit. Mix it up for shield pressure.

This sucks for you cause you will be doing this alot. Going for the obvious dairs or Fair to jabs. In nearly all Peach dittos I been in, all I do most of the time is uptilt out my shield to end all this. And other characters will hurt you more for it. You are also slow in floating speed. So if someone has a good roll, they will just be doing that and the match won't go anywhere (Lucario anyone?)

Dsmash: Good speed and has good priority and shield pokes. And has muti hits. Ok move to eat shields.

This move will end you cause most will do anything to a Dsmash.

- Fair>jab (all that was blocked) so Peach player gets scared and they roll/side step>dsmash
- Dair drop>Dsmash
-Roll/side step, Dsmash.
-On a platform>Dsmash

A few or many examples. Smart players will know this and will just get at you for it.

Turnips: So much you can do with them I have no need to explain the good on this.

This will end you because most just wanna get turnips so bad. In some Peach dittos I know when a player would go for a turnip so when they run I case them and keep going cause I would know they pull away and turnip. So that was a free grab or attack for me. Also people just like tossing them or floating to a turnip toss and Fair. All this and more is too expected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next one would be people going on about the player behind tuff match ups. this destroys the true vision about looking and understanding the character fully in the match up. THEN, go on about the player behind them. The next thing is people abusing good moves of Peach, which people expect so much from her and just bait it, and then it's done

- Floating to Dairs
- Fair
- Dsmash
- Usmash (when a character is coming back on stage most Peach players rentlessly go for the move. Player weaves it and you open for a counter air/ground attack.
- Aggressive play

What? why I say aggressive? as I said before, no many are aggressive, this is getting rally old. You are not gonna get anyway with this, seen to many times. And it hurts Peach, she can't kill well. Being aggressive leads to:

- Obviously gameplay of Peach people will just shut down
- You are making it harder to kill than it should be
- You make a mistake and you are done, Peach is not fast, so you can't cover up or break away well from a mistake.
- Easy to punish.
- no to poor defense/ground game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Floating too much. makes you slow and you have no quick horizontal attack out side Nair. But the enemy has to be really close to you. Aside from that, You can be easy to hit with projectiles. And it is not hard to see what you are gonna do when coming to your enemy. You are nealy a sitting duck when floating.

-Your speed is reduced
-Easy to hit with Projectile/long range attacks
-Easy to read on incoming attacks
-Lil Horizontal Protection

Which are Peach's best moves and when are they best used?
Peach best moves are dependent on match ups. You can't always use the same moves in every match up. So this is a question that can't not be answered legit.

How do you kill?

Save your moves that you need for killing. Use lots of jabs, get damage off of grabbing. When you grab them don't always launch them so fast. Kick them a few good times then toss them. N-air cant kill so well so use that alot. Dair helps since its not a Kill move. Space dtilts. And turnips. Once you get them to a good % Now you can fely on your kills moves like Fsmash and Up smash. Your fair and bairs, even upairs. uptilt as well. Try to save your most important moves to kill. Cause when you get them to that good %, all of your kill moves will be at full power. And it will be less of a struggle to kill.

Also Her upthrow can be a good tool for Killing.

"What, an Upthrow? the hell, How, that throw sucks and people hardly use it."

Oh? Well let me explain. At 50% and over, you really can't combo into anything. if you was to Fthrow them and Back throw them, then what. They are out of your range. and have to repeat the process of approaching them again. When you up throw them, They are over you, you can use turnips to at least hit them, or make it harder for them to touch the floor. And set up to land an attack on them. This is the more better ways to hit someone after a throw. This is center stage though. Near the edge you can just toss them out. but with some characters, Like DDD, DK, you are not gonna kill them off of a throw. So the hell with that right? Toss them up and get extra hits of of turnips, and even if that dont hit, they have to worry about evading them and then you hitting them while trying to land saftley to the floor. They will still Be in your attack range for turnips and even finishers more than any other throw at 50%+

Also she is good at racking up damage in w ways. Her Attacks and turnips. If you are gonna spam anything. it should not be your fair. it should be:

-Nair
-Dair
-Dtilt
-Jab
-Dsmash
-Turnips
-Grabs
-Up-B, used right and I am dead serious. 12% of damage I believe and good knock back at the final hit so you can't get punished for it that easy.
-Bair (sometimes.)
Uptilt (sometimes)
Uair (sometimes)

Now look at this list here. What is missing from here? Thats right, her kill options:
Fair
Fsmash
Upsmash.

The moves that have (somestimes) in them are moves that can kill as well but sometines are used to rack up damage, like within comboes. Now when I say spamm I don't mean be a dunce with the moves. uses them wall and with a brain to get some hits off. Then you still got your kill moves to kill earlier than expected. You can't just play Peach to play her. if your character can't just boldly kill, you can;t just go swinging attacks and playing so typical. This is why Peach does not get anywhere and people don't really see what she is about. Thus she is bias on her self and against characters. As well as people saying the typical stuff about her for over a year now.

"how can Peach rack up damage quick and early?"

Besides the chain grab we have:

Basic combos

-Dthrow>uptilt
-Dair>Nair
-Dair>Uair
-Dair>Fair
-Dair>Bair
-Jab>Dtilt
-Jab>grab
-Jab>Nair
-Jab>Nair
-Turnip>fair
-Turnip>Nair

Advance combos ( you would need good control of Peach and her floating as well)-

*= Depends on where your enemy is/goes after the first or second hit of the combo

-*Dair>Dair>Fair
-Dair>Dair
-Dair>Dair>Dair
-Dair>Dair>Dair>Uair
-*Dair>Dair>Dair>Uair>Up-B
-*Dair>Dair>falling Dair>Usmash/Utilt/Up-B
-*Dthrow>Ftilt>Uptilt/Usmash/Up-B
-*Dthrow>Ftilt>Jab>grab>Dthrow>Utilt/Uair/Up-B
-Bair>grab
-Fair>Jab>grab> (look at the list of what you can do after grabs)
-*Falling Dair>Jab>(look at the list of what you can do after jabs/grabs)
-*Falling Dair> Usmash/Utilt/Up-B/Nair/Bair

Now look at the list of moves I said to use alot that have (sometimes) in them. Then look at the combo list. Makes since to why it has (sometimes) next to them right you might already be using the move to get damage. So the won' be fresh for kill. other times they will.

Peach is like Chess, you just CAN'T go in there and say "ok, I wanna get this pawn with my rook" When there is a pawn right by it that can take you out. Now in Brawl terms.

You can just go swinging all your kill moves and all. You can get all the hits you wan't. Then when you get to that kill %, you are in trouble, you can't kill them at % they should be dead. And that sucks for you, and you already not a solid killer. oh man. then your enemy is gonna take you out easy. So you have to think how you gonna keep them kill moves fresh, and get your damage by new means. Peach and chess have something in common so you know.

How do you survive, DI, and recover?

Survival-
I'm gonna count this with DI. When you get launched, hold the direction you are facing. Mostly up and to the stage. Not keep in mind that sometimes you have to DI in different directions with some attacks. Like Pika and ROBS Dsmash. To get out of that move, Just hold up on the control stick. No smash DI or nothing, simply hold up, and you will break out. Now if ROB hits you with Uptilts at Low percents, You have to DI to him. If you try to DI away, you will just keep getting hit. Or smash DI upward (Tap Both sticks up). Many rules apply for certain attacks to live. Some times when you get Launched with certain attacks, you might have to DI up instead of up and to the stage. And vice versa. Peach dies quick off the top so you might find yourself DIing to the sides more. But keep the rest in mind.

Recovery-
When on the ledge you do have options to get back on. You can Legde hop on to the stage to Jab if you feel your enemy is waiting to strike. Or do a jab combo, like Jab to w/e. Float under the stage to a Uair or Fair. You can Ledge hop on the stage to an auto canceled Fair. (need to have quick fingers for this.) Time a ledge hop to a toad if you think the enemy will strike then up-B to grab it again. You can ledge hop to Nair and do w/e from there. For stalls or bluffs you can let go of the ledge, go below and up-B over and over again. Yor pull back and F-B to the stage. (but be aware you can risk getting hit with this, so you have to be smart about it and know what you are doing)

Peach does not fall that fast when coming down from her up-B. so the last part of the hit box is out till one gets hit, then dissapaers, around this tme, Peach can still kock one off and grab the ledge dude to the magnent of the up-B The accurate height Peach has before She can't grab ledge anymore I have not checked out yet. but I will when I get the chance. But it has a pretty good magnet and hard to hit her out of it or edgehog her. When falling, the Peach player should not move AT all, just fall straight down. Tilting Peach while falling can screw it up. Even by a lil.

- jump -> float gives a maximum of 10 frames invulnerability. If you decide to jump -> float -> land you'll have a max of 7 frames invincibility.

If he is near the ledge when you grab it and did not burn your float, You can let go and float to a bair. When you let go of the ledge, 21 frames of invis frames you have. So playing with some math here.

21-6= 15 frames of invis you have while you attack with bair
21-3= 18 frames of invis frames you have with nair
21-8= 13 frames of invis you have with upair
21-12= 9 frames of invis you have for Dair
21-16= 5 frames of invis you have with fair.

If you Can when you get launched high, do this:
Momentum cancel with Uair (If you don't know what that is, Just up air and fast fall. *Hit the stick down* Helps you live longer) > F-B>Toad.

This Should get you about more than half of the stages length. Don't Burn your float. Cause incase you can't touch the floor and get launched, You might need that. 2 F-B alone cover about a stage Length. So you still Have your toad options, Second Jump Plus float, Then an Up-B. Don't Go spamming Dairs when landing. Gets to predictable and Become easy to hit. Lots die so many times like this. If anything, just PULL AWAY. You be surprised how much this helps. Just Pull away. You don't have to be testing peoples moves. Your mission now is to get back on stage safe. The hell with the enemy. You worry about him when you land safe. Cause you can't kill him if he kills you first.

Now if you are gonna recover from below, you are good. Its hard for characters to hit Peach from below. Her Up-B just saves her. Though if you miss time it, you can get get spikes out of it. Like If ZSS Dsmash you while you Up-B, DON'T lean to the stage. Or recover directly below it.Pull away from the stage and Then Up-B moving towards it. You do this right and ZSS can not hit you with her Dsmash at all. This is an also good Trick for attacks that go through the stage, like Lucas Dsmash.

Which ATs are most important and how should they be used and learned?

Turnip Cancel-
You can pull a turnip out and cancel the animation half way off a platform or the edge. Run to the edge of the platform or edge and pull a turnip, as soon as you do it, hold it to the stick to the direction you was running. Done right and you can pull one off the edge/platform.

Here is the trick to do it, that people fail to realize or noticed. Just Run and pull a turnip towards the middle of the stage................Ok, Now do it but this time, after you pluck a turnip, Hold the control stick Foward. Noticed how Peach slides.

Now Run towards the edge, get a turnip and as soon as she goes to pull one out, hold the stick foward, and Peach will slide off and get a turnip. Thats how you REALLY do it. some people run to the edge and pull one out but dont hold the control stick foward. Thus you wont slide and can't turnip cancel. This Can help with edgeguarding. You can just run to the ledge and turnip cancel to get a turnip and toss it. Then Just grab the ledge. You don't have to stop, get a turnip then run again. Wasting time. You can also turnip cancel to a Z drop then grab the ledge if they are coming from below. Time a get up and they drop to their death.

Bonewalking-
Do a fox trot (Just tap the stick once forward) And before the animation ends, get a turnip and then hold the stock forward.

--> + Down B + -->

You gotta be quick to get it right. This one is not so hard to do as doing it in place.

This Helps with getting a turnip quickly and still moving. You won't have to worry to much about getting hit while getting a turnip. And kills less time to get one.

Float Land-
If you did not waste your float, you can do this by jumping off the edge and float. As soon as you hop off the edge. let go of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYB1zqJ810

And yes, If You do it quick enough, you keep some invis frames so you don't get hit on getting up.

Glide tossing-
As soon as you roll, toss the turnip up, down, left, or right and you will Slide in the direction you rolled and toss the turnip. its easier if you use the c-stick to toss the turnip. You can glide toss forward, backwards, Up or down. Any direction you want while moving left or right.

Free Pull-
Same as bone walking, Just doing it in place. You have to TILT down/left or down/right. This needs to be done or you won't get it out. Just hitting down, then turnip then tap stick forward does nothing. That's why people had such a hard time doing so. So if you are looking left, hit down/right and get a turnip. then hit the stick forward. Do it EXCALTY as you read it here:

Down/left
-------------> + B + Right/Left
Down/right

If you over over the first part, Peach will do a F-B:

You have Down left/right on your control Stick. DO NOT GO PAST THAT WHEN YOU TILT IT

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I just read the method on freepull dark.

makes sense to me and I'll practice it buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

I'm sharing the way I was taught w/ modified controls.

L = Special.

pivot -> down on C-stick [Set to smash or attacks] + L special -> Left/Right on Control Stick.

Raz is already sort of consistent with this method.

other peaches may find this method easier too

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
My method is doing it manually without having to change your controls. Now if you wanna do it the easy way, all you have to do is set the C stick to special. Then hit down on the C stick + Direction you wanna move.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I don't know whether I'm proud because it was a big skill gap at the time, or embarrassed because I still got ***** to have that old video up on the guide.

Probably the latter.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Can someone please tell me the stages to strike against a Peach while using Fox please? Also what stages Fox should ban and what to CP? Last thing is what stage will Peach most likely be taking Fox? Thanks.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Can someone please tell me the stages to strike against a Peach while using Fox please? Also what stages Fox should ban and what to CP? Last thing is what stage will Peach most likely be taking Fox? Thanks.
It's usually personal preference, the matchup doesn't change that much from stage to stage.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Like I said, it's all personal preference. Brinstar usually isn't legal so you don't have to worry about banning it. Whatever floats your boat (no peach puns intended)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Oh of course, I didn't read well.

Well what you said was correct I guess, it is personal preference, since there are very few CPs Peach does not like. She can adapt to all kinds of different stages very well.

Against Fox, however, I'd personally ban Halberd due to its very low ceiling. That's pretty much the only reason, since I feel quite confident vs him on all other stages.

About couterpicking Fox, besides the aforementioned Brinstar, I think I would take him to Yoshi's Island, Frigate Orpheon or Castle Siege. The ceiling of Yoshi's is a bit higher than average, while killing horizontally is a bit easier and that's how I'm mostly going to kill Fox. It's not a very big stage either, so he can't abuse his movement speed too much. Frigate limits his movement speed even more and I like the awkward places of the platforms vs Fox, they do not seem to benifit him. Furthermore you can put the emphasis on aerial combat on Frigate and that's where I like Fox. Lastly I think the stage might mess with recovery a bit here and there. Siege is merely because I adore the stage, nothing more to it. Delfino may be nice vs him as well, but I'm not that fond of the stage myself.

Hope this helped a bit :p

:053:

Top Bottom