• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New, Official JigglyPuff Match-Up Thread (Updated 10/14/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaco

Never Logs In

**Note this topic is for keeping track of the match ups only. The actual discussions will be in different threads.

MK::Jiggles-- 60:40 Meta Knight

This isn't one of Jiggly's hardest match ups, it's easier than most think. It's one of those your either good at this match up or your not kinda things, this is exactly right. Jiggles has a good nair cancel on a few of his specials. This helps her out alot. My main thing to tell you is though do not gamble with drill rest so much. Hang back until it's near sure fire. You don't want to left open for an easy KO.

Use pivot grabs! I cannot stress this enough use them. Grabbing here is a different take on the match. Most MK's will not expect Jiggly to abuse grabs. Also make sure you pommel wafter grabbing, those extra percents could be vital in this match.

Make use of DACUS, it is something good to use. Use it but don't abuse it.
You also will want to use SHAD, this will keep the mindgames going. I'm talking use it in sets of 4. Then go in for a retreating fair, and then bait them for your grabs.

Do not let MK control the pace of the match. This is vital. You must keep him on his toes, not the other way around. You have to have a controlling factor. That is why using grabs is good. They are great to turn the speed of the match in your favor. Most smart MKs will get the idea that your baiting them so be undpredictable. If your too predictable you'll be *****, before you realize it.

Do not abuse roll out!!! It will not work, so do not try. You might get lucky but chances are your percentage of luck to punishment is 1:10. Luck is not on your side here. So play smart, or don't play it at all.

Use rest when needed, if you get caught in Whorenado, use your rest. Bait for rest too, if you are sure yo can get it or are ahead in the match, and can take a little punishment.

Make use of pound to cancel and out prioritize MK's aerials.

***Match Up Chart Added***
***Discussion 1 finished and finalized***

Chaco

Never Logs In
Welcome, Welcome, and Welcome. I've asked Youko for a sticky.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
A main problem i had with mk is the fact that u can't use rollout on him. Mach pretty much stops any rollout from any area and is just not worth using on him. Fading fairs make him impossible to approach and the dreaded sheild grab/spotdodge downspash camp is also annoying. Even if u can stop mach with dair and wutever, u cannot beat a character without better priority air game, power, faster smashes, speed, and a move that is already broken and leaves u with only one useful b move that can be used continuously. Mk counters jigg, a pro mk will pwn a pro jigg it is inevitable :(

eongilth

Smash Apprentice
1. Go to the current matchup thread and post there instead. It makes things a bit more organized, something the jigglypuff boards DESPERATELY needs.

2. Don't be so pessimistic. Read Thinkaman's guide. It will cheer you up. Here; have some delicious cake.

3. There are more things a jigg can use on metaknight than what thinkaman's guide said. Albeit, risky, but it may give an edge. THERE IS HOEP!!!!!1111oneoneelevensquiggs/p/

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
thinkaman's guide was stupid in my opinion, spamming dair to rest is a bad idea and rollout which he suggested to use is stopped instantly by mach tornado, its a really tedious guide i thought it was a jk at first

Chaco

Never Logs In
thinkaman's guide was stupid in my opinion, spamming dair to rest is a bad idea and rollout which he suggested to use is stopped instantly by mach tornado, its a really tedious guide i thought it was a jk at first
I kinda agree here.

But take it to the thread.

(I re-read it and what it says is kinda dumb at points. Your gonna get your *** ***** if you miss a drill rest.(

eongilth

Smash Apprentice
Going by what you've said to me, you play a defensive jiggs. Gewd. There needs to be more of them.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Going by what you've said to me, you play a defensive jiggs. Gewd. There needs to be more of them.
Yes I do. I use mindgames more so than anyone probably. I abuse grabs. I nair cancel attacks. And I use your force against you.

Mmac

Smash Lord
You know, Instead of "Borrowing" my Matchup Chart, why don't you ask me to make you one?

Glick

Smash Lord
I still disagree with the 6-4 match up. Srsly go find that thing I wrote lol. I cant find it. It was in some Jiggz counters MK thread. or some discussion about it.

Tyser

Smash Champion
I think it's more of a 65:35 at least. Put the best MK (M2K) and the best Jiggz (Unknown) and the MK will ****. Even another MK player whose not the best (Dojo, Azen, DSF, etc) would poop on the best Jiggz out there I think. I honestly see this as an easy matchup for Meta Knight. Can I get a vid of a Jiggz doing well against a good MK please. This is the only thing that can convince me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Heh, sorry about that Mmac. That was for the time being until I could make one. But you beat me to it. thanks.

Now I can get rid of that discalimer.

Glick

Smash Lord
I love chaco and all. But I think someone else should be running the matchups. He just doesn't seem knowledgeable as a jiggz player. He seems to know brawl but his experience seems limited.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I love chaco and all. But I think someone else should be running the matchups. He just doesn't seem knowledgeable as a jiggz player. He seems to know brawl but his experience seems limited.
Yeah, I thought about that after the 40-60 Metaknight. Its fairly true but the way we got their seemed to make it such an overstatement for Jigglypuff... And Snake was a terrible discussion...

Glick

Smash Lord
Jiggz is an even matchup still in my opinion vs MK. Snake has an advantage but there are some advantages to playing a jiggz vs a snake.

Amide

Smash Lord
There's no way that Jigglypuff has a 6:4 Advantage on Yoshi. I know what Jigglypuff can do, and it's just not going to happen.
I agree, but Thinkaman's opinion probably means more than yours. :/

Amide

Smash Lord
Good point, all I'm saying is that since Thinkaman wins so much, he does no what he's talking about most of the time. i think that Puff Yoshi is 6-4 in Yoshi's favor.

PND

Smash Champion
So I just had a long post defending Thinkaman's numbers and how to approach the matchup, but my little brother just deleted it with his DS by laying it down on the keyboard.

So now I'm pissed, and will not get to reposting it for a while if ever.

But Thinkaman is right. 60-40 Jiggs vs Yoshi.

Amide

Smash Lord
OK, this is really annoying me. Guess what the Ike boards think of the Puff matchup?

Ike advantage: 70:30

All I thought was "LOL!"

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
OK, this is really annoying me. Guess what the Ike boards think of the Puff matchup?

Ike advantage: 70:30

All I thought was "LOL!"
lolololol. It's somewhat obvious none of them have fought a Jigglypuff player. They're just thinking about Jigglypuffs weight, not her moveset. Hell, you could probably use rollout safely because of his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom