• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Mario Tournament Results Thread

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
^I wanted to go to that.

I see Hilt got 4th, which makes me think I would've placed pretty well there...

Anyway, don't worry about not making it out of pools. I didn't make it out of pools FOREVER when I started. (Like 8 months)

But thank Sakurai I'm done with that phase.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Would have been cool if you guys could have come. You all would have had loads of fun. Overswarm utterly destroyed Blue Rouge, though. I don't think I'll be going to this Nope's, though. You'll see Wakka, Sil and Sole, however. I'll be at the next one.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
^I wanted to go to that.

I see Hilt got 4th, which makes me think I would've placed pretty well there...

Anyway, don't worry about not making it out of pools. I didn't make it out of pools FOREVER when I started. (Like 8 months)

But thank Sakurai I'm done with that phase.

Yeah I know. We were both in the same boat. That ***** sank so many times.

NNID
LilG912
Actually Hippie out of most of the Mario players.
0= Offline, W= WiFi.

Boss - O
Famous - O
Matador - O
Big-O - O
Bo X7 - O
Vato - O
Kanzaki - 0
Hippie - 0
Mars16 - W
Hardgainer - W
A2Z0MG - 0
Hero -0
Xero - 0
Inferno - 0
JUDGE - 0
Kirin - 0
Calebyte - 0
Flameon - 0
Matt07 - 0

I may have missed a few (sorry :() A large portion of us are offline, but a few are mixed both Offline/WiFi, I'm not trying too prove you wrong but wow we have a good portion of players. A few months ago it was like maybe 5-6 Offline players.

Hey Hey Im A Mario Too! I'm a wi-fi Mario as well along w/ Flameleon.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
I think we should only list tournaments with results threads. This adds relevance to Mario's tournament performance, because we can see it in context. We can see who the competition was, other smashers in attendance, etc.

Listing results without a point of reference is kinda pointless, imo.

I dunno. Thoughts?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I think we should only list tournaments with results threads. This adds relevance to Mario's tournament performance, because we can see it in context. We can see who the competition was, other smashers in attendance, etc.

Listing results without a point of reference is kinda pointless, imo.
I second this.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
i can give you a link to the top 10 when I get the chance. will that help make it more official? I know it wasn't much but if you are not going to my results up, then you might as well take the one from october down. I'm just saying. I just want to make myself to be known as a great mario player and I dont have money to go to these bigger tournaments.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Just because it's not a big tournament doesn't mean it shouldn't have a results thread.

I mean, I've been to tournaments with 20 people that had results threads <_< they're fairly simple to make, and generally the only tournaments without results threads are pretty scrubby (although there are exceptions).

Calebyte

Smash Lord
SuperShyGuy said:
and just a correction, it was 32 people in total. My name is Terry Mitchell.

http://www.fgcuvgc.org/2010/03/29/sp...ament-results/
That doesn't look like a legit tourney. It was free to enter and wasn't run by SBR rules. (reference) Posting results from that kind of tourney isn't going to boost your credibility as a player, or Mario's as a character.

I think we need to stick with SBR style tourneys only, and they must have posted results for reference. Otherwise, what's the point?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
That doesn't look like a legit tourney. It was free to enter and wasn't run by SBR rules. (reference) Posting results from that kind of tourney isn't going to boost your credibility as a player, or Mario's as a character.

I think we need to stick with SBR style tourneys only, and they must have posted results for reference. Otherwise, what's the point?
It is hard to run an official tournament when you're at a college setting. They won't let it go for all night, and you cannot charge for entry.

If I'm not allowed to show my results then so be it, but at least you guys gave me a chance to show the results page.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Good ****, Xero. My placing's slowly getting better, too. Next time you (or Caleb) get the chance, play against AZ's Donkey Kong. It's soooo much fun.

Veggi

Smash Champion
1v1 Play n' Trade Brawl Tourney
Don't want to look for the thread if it exists. Saw it on facebook.
Fee: Nuthin.
Secondary: Peach, Donkey Kong.
Placeing: 4 out of 64
Tampa, FL
Whatever yesterday was.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Vato dont you want to play me online and give me a few pointers with mario? Wifi is not good but I want to know what i need to do/stop doing to be super legit for tournies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Ichi-Kakuto-Gemu
Fee: $5
Secondaries: Falco, Pit
Placing: 7th out of 20
Worthington, OH
07/10/2010

Lost to DJIskascribble (Metaknight and Falco - I went Pit against the latter) [Winners 0-2]
Lost to Silhouette (R.O.B.) [Losers 0-2]

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
He's a part of my crew (OUGA) and I've notoriety for struggling against R.O.B. Currently, it's probably my worst matchup.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Couldn't make it to that..................... Sucks *sniff*

Just one more year

I can do whatever I want

Top Bottom