• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Info please?

Need all the help I can get for pound.
Not sure when it'll be (gotta see my work schedule), but you go to SBU, you know ShineMike, tell him to get a date for the first one at his house and if I don't have work I'll come by.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Yo Prog, Robbin- keep me up to date on those smashfests please =)

Also, if you guys could check out this thread I would appreciate it. A little livestream experiment going down. It's going to be for Brawl, but if you guys watch and tell us to play melee instead, let's just say we will listen to the popular demand LOL

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259188

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Cool ****. I'll watch if you guys play brawl. No one wants to see an outdated game with ****ty graphics.

And LI doesn't sound like its doing much for brawl so I guess I'll just stay in westchester. =/

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
Cool ****. I'll watch if you guys play brawl. No one wants to see an outdated game with ****ty graphics.

And LI doesn't sound like its doing much for brawl so I guess I'll just stay in westchester. =/
-_- you best trolling

OMG who wants to maylay with Just Sexed?

Cmon I hear hes like uber pro?

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Lol we'll be playing Brawl, but Eli and his brother are much more into Melee. I play both anyway so we if happen to switch over to Melee, I wouldn't be against it. It's mainly to get hype for his website, but I wanted to try and hype the DK boards as well. Anyways, if you guys could watch and critique me that would be cool =)

Leacero

Smash Lord
Yo Prog, Robbin- keep me up to date on those smashfests please =)
Will do. (sorry couldn't resist)

Also, if you guys could check out this thread I would appreciate it. A little livestream experiment going down. It's going to be for Brawl, but if you guys watch and tell us to play melee instead, let's just say we will listen to the popular demand LOL

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259188
Sorry, I just saw this topic now so I missed it. :(

Eli used to work at Cosmos Cafe across the train station a few years back. I think I saw him once when I went there but I didn't realize. Good times, good times. That place needs to stop being under renovation so I can get some more pasta. -_-

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hell yea, we just had a smashfest a little while ago.

Oh yea, anyone wanna meet up for either game, drop me a line.

I've also got Bbrawl, B+, and B- available if anyone wants to BS after playing either of the games with a competitive scene.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Anyone in the Eastport/Manorville area that is interested in melee?

prog

Wow I haven't checked this thread in forever. I guess the LI Brawl scene is next to dead? Well...if anyone wants to play some friendlies or w/e, hit me up. I live in East Northport. (Middle/Northern Long Island)
There's a Brawl Tourney in Mineola tomorrow, that info is somewhere on the Tourney Listings page.

prog

we had a lot of people from LI posting recently, just bumping as a request to add yourself to the finder and what not

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
On an entirely different note, I'm looking to TO starting soon, gonna need some support, anyone interested in assisting? Right now the main thing I need help with is figuring out a venue.

Probably post something on the AN main page soon.

And yes, melee + brawl, though both at the same time is iffy.

skitts

Smash Rookie
any1 up for some melee next weekend (possibly this weekend if i don't have to work)

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
I don't know who is in the melee community right now, but I'm starting to play again if anybody is up for some melee hit me up on aim I can meet you at ur place or wherever idc

Aim: Sanfilippo456

Leacero

Smash Lord
next weekend is eggm's (new jersey), but, i also think that stony brook smashers are doing something
Dood, you sent me like a link to page 66, which makes me assume you have your posts per page to like 100 or something. I have mine on default and thus you sent me a link to like, 2007 where Cla was asking for housing until the summer or something.

any1 up for some melee next weekend (possibly this weekend if i don't have to work)
Hey if anyone here goes to stony brook please message me! i wanna play melee!
There are plenty of us at Stony who still play. Most of us keep in contact through phone/IM/we-live-next-door but there's always our Facebook group for those of us we don't constantly talk to to set up dates to play. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2259182792&ref=ts

We usually hold bi-weeklies, but over the past few months its really just been people calling each other up to see if they want to play. I'm actually not sure if we have anything official set up next weekend. Hit us up on the group and we'll find a place/time to play.

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
Dood, you sent me like a link to page 66, which makes me assume you have your posts per page to like 100 or something. I have mine on default and thus you sent me a link to like, 2007 where Cla was asking for housing until the summer or something.
Use 40 posts per page. Seriously, it's what cool people do. There may even be a thread in the pool room about it, heh.

There are plenty of us at Stony who still play. Most of us keep in contact through phone/IM/we-live-next-door but there's always our Facebook group for those of us we don't constantly talk to to set up dates to play. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2259182792&ref=ts
This is true.

We usually hold bi-weeklies, but over the past few months its really just been people calling each other up to see if they want to play. I'm actually not sure if we have anything official set up next weekend. Hit us up on the group and we'll find a place/time to play.
Bi-weekly is misleading. I'd say last semester had more of a...bi-monthly type thing regarding bigger events. But yeah, for just playing some Melee in general, that happens.

mhenlo

Smash Apprentice
i live in Ammann A319 hit me up to play ssbm or message me for my # so we can play.
Ive been dying to play since i got here im so rusty my tech skill is gonna suck.

btw no tv in my room so no ssbm :(

Leacero

Smash Lord
i live in Ammann A319 hit me up to play ssbm or message me for my # so we can play.
Ive been dying to play since i got here im so rusty my tech skill is gonna suck.

btw no tv in my room so no ssbm :(
Funny thing is, I lived in Ammann A304/305 for the past 3 years. PM me your number and I'll let you know the next time we're playing.

prog

I don't know who is in the melee community right now, but I'm starting to play again if anybody is up for some melee hit me up on aim I can meet you at ur place or wherever idc

Aim: Sanfilippo456
hit me up on aim: anesthetized2112

prog

Good stuff LI at the Game Table. Had 26? people show up for singles, not to mention a ton of others show up late, and I know of at least another 6 or so that would have been here if they were in town/weren't going to die in Hurricane Ryan.

Suffolk County definitely showed up in full force, Nassau, Census board is looking for you. Let's get some hype back on LI.

Leacero

Smash Lord
The world doesn't want the Stony Brook crew to go to tournaments.

A big thanks to prog for sheltering us in the storm/helping us find our way back before the hurricane had its way with us. Despite the robbery/trains shutting down, I think we might be able to get more people going to the next tournament. GGs to everyone I met and played there. Keep us updated! =)

Top Bottom