• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Who are you and why haven't you gotten in contact with the Smash Melee scene @ SBU? (I don't mean the Animated Perspectives Club, because that place is the bane of everything good in the world. Why do you still go down there Will?!)
Lmfao I go there to play brawl xD And tbh I could be a lot better at melee if I truly dedicated myself, but in the relatively short time I have dedicated to brawl I have a come a lot farther lol.

I have fun playing both brawl and melee, and I usually can't make smashfests you guys hold at SBU bc all of the tournaments I end up going to are on the Saturdays that you guys schedule on D=. The only reason I missed the low tier tourney this past Friday was bc I had work, and can't really afford to miss it. I really wanted to rep my Ganon =/

Let me know where you guys chill otherwise bc I honestly don't know where all of the good melee players reside. It was a pleasant surprise seeing you there Robbin, I'm guessing you guys hang out in the SAC normally? I honestly don't know -_-

Ryan-K

Smash Master
well first of all u dont live on li anymore. dmon doesnt hold smashfestS? idk and third melee is def more popular on li than brawl...the only worthwhile brawl players r like anti will kirin pd...while melee is like everyone....tipman lives on li now btw

Ryan-K

Smash Master
prog stony brook dmon rich dan macandrew...slh when he didnt go to school...me u will theres a good amount of ppl who play...theres alot of ppl who play brawl but noone from melee plays brawl...+ theres verrrrrrrrrrrrry few even average players on li for brawl...id say overall skillwise were better in melee..+ most of the brawl crew like split up

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Yo next weekend on coming back home for a week on LI we should play tipman.

Get some marth vs ganon matches going on.
Err, next week is RoM2 and Tipman is in my car, haha.

But nah, LI's melee scene isn't dead. From what I know of who is still actively playing...

G$, HazZ, Tipman, Alejandro P, el-progducto, Animal, Honeybadger. Dmon still play? SLH, hit me up. Then, throw in the Stony Brook crew (Vanilla, Leacero, Will, Dan, and like 8 more that may or may not have my controllers), others that may still play, etc...

I don't think LI is dead, I think its moreso that we're not unified. I know personally, if I want to play and g$/hazz/alejandro p aren't available, I have to go 45 minutes to Suffolk or 20 to Queens.

However, in 2010, prog is going to put LI on his back. I'm going to start hosting stuff for Melee, (as well as try and get Eli/Will to do the same for Brawl), get fests up and going, because I can't remember the last time there was a tourney on LI for melee (maybe a Game Table that was the same weekend as a larger, more well known tournament?) [possibly the Game Table, but looking for a more spacious venue preferably near the Nassau/Suffolk border].

But yeah, LI needs to stand together, because there are more of us than we think. What might help possibly, Ryan Kellogg, is if we try and sort out the LI list of both, and find out who is active and who isn't.

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
Err, next week is RoM2 and Tipman is in my car, haha.

But nah, LI's melee scene isn't dead. From what I know of who is still actively playing...

G$, HazZ, Tipman, Alejandro P, el-progducto, Animal, Honeybadger. Dmon still play? SLH, hit me up. Then, throw in the Stony Brook crew (Vanilla, Leacero, Will, Dan, and like 8 more that may or may not have my controllers), others that may still play, etc...

I don't think LI is dead, I think its moreso that we're not unified. I know personally, if I want to play and g$/hazz/alejandro p aren't available, I have to go 45 minutes to Suffolk or 20 to Queens.

However, in 2010, prog is going to put LI on his back. I'm going to start hosting stuff for Melee, (as well as try and get Eli/Will to do the same for Brawl), get fests up and going, because I can't remember the last time there was a tourney on LI for melee (maybe a Game Table that was the same weekend as a larger, more well known tournament?) [possibly the Game Table, but looking for a more spacious venue preferably near the Nassau/Suffolk border].

But yeah, LI needs to stand together, because there are more of us than we think. What might help possibly, Ryan Kellogg, is if we try and sort out the LI list of both, and find out who is active and who isn't.
Im taking about next week as in during the week not ROM2

Lol quit

SLH

Smash Journeyman
i'll be back home next week, was hoping that some people would be around to have a fest or something, i haven't seen anybody in a while lol

SLH

Smash Journeyman
eastern PA, tho its looking like i'm gonna transfer, either after this semester or the next

SLH

Smash Journeyman
muhlenberg lol

also i think im changing my mind, instead of having a smashfest why dont we just TALK about having a smashfest?

Leacero

Smash Lord
Lmfao I go there to play brawl xD And tbh I could be a lot better at melee if I truly dedicated myself, but in the relatively short time I have dedicated to brawl I have a come a lot farther lol.

I have fun playing both brawl and melee, and I usually can't make smashfests you guys hold at SBU bc all of the tournaments I end up going to are on the Saturdays that you guys schedule on D=. The only reason I missed the low tier tourney this past Friday was bc I had work, and can't really afford to miss it. I really wanted to rep my Ganon =/

Let me know where you guys chill otherwise bc I honestly don't know where all of the good melee players reside. It was a pleasant surprise seeing you there Robbin, I'm guessing you guys hang out in the SAC normally? I honestly don't know -_-
Honestly, we play on the spur of the moment when we're bored at either my place or Brian's place. As for the organized meetings, we haven't had one in well over a month because Jared is sick/busy on those days. -_- Might as well just start hosting it at my place again. I'll let you know when we're playing.

Jared didn't have your controllers? :(

TimeWarpedBrawler

Smash Apprentice
TimeWarpedBrawler; West Babylon; Brawl: Lucas, Snake, Captain Falcon, Melee: Marth, Captain Falcon, Samus, Dr. Mario, Sheik (Not in Order); MSN, AIM, Smashboards

Lol, little late to join the fun?

SLH

Smash Journeyman
so how many people are actually planning on going to the dmon fest next saturday?

feels like i don't know half of the active LI smashers now lol i thought melee was completely dead except for some fests that i know rich goes to. but yeah I want this to be a huge one like we used to always get, haven't had one like that in a bit

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
so how many people are actually planning on going to the dmon fest next saturday?

feels like i don't know half of the active LI smashers now lol i thought melee was completely dead except for some fests that i know rich goes to
Probably rich, matt, me, justin, nick, rp, sometimes cj or gordon came.

prog

i don't hear of any of these fests, and i always roll up with a full car. wtf guys. wtf.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
*punches hand*

So... why aren't you guys inviting me when you randomly play smash in Brian's room? Sure, I'm probably busy, but it's the thought that counts, ad when I'm not, I'd jump at the practice.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Probably won't be able to make it to the fest if it's Thanksgiving weekend. My birthday is on Thanksgiving and my brothers are home for the weekend so I'll be hanging out with them the entire time. :<

*punches hand*

So... why aren't you guys inviting me when you randomly play smash in Brian's room? Sure, I'm probably busy, but it's the thought that counts, ad when I'm not, I'd jump at the practice.
If by you guys you mean me, Bia and Albert, then it's because they don't know you as well as Jesse and Anand do (those two never leave the suite for Smash anymore). I'll ask Brian the next time it happens.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i dont think ill be able to go but you guys should go to alex strifes tourney on december 5th i might go to that one. its easier to get to then you would think tbh.

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
I love how I get top billing from Stony despite being like...not even top 5 from my own school.

If by you guys you mean me, Bia and Albert, then it's because they don't know you as well as Jesse and Anand do (those two never leave the suite for Smash anymore). I'll ask Brian the next time it happens.
I'd accuse you of trolling me, but yeah, guilty. Propinquity really is ftw.

prog

i dont think ill be able to go but you guys should go to alex strifes tourney on december 5th i might go to that one. its easier to get to then you would think tbh.
yeah, if you guys have a car, you can definitely follow prog.

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to make a special announcement saying I have a car and I'm willing to give rides to smashfests. On another note; Other then thanksgiving I'll be around to play melee all week.

prog

so, what's this about a dmon fest saturday? i have work black friday from 11-7, but i'm free saturday.

also, <3 just sexed, we are definitely playing a ton sat.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
its still on, people should feel free to bring whoever

anyone dragging in a TV would be kewl, otherwise i think we're gonna be at 2 setups

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
^same.

LI, exams are done (or are bout to be) and mad ppl gonna be free, so lets get some smashfests going!

prog

I don't know about the brawl scene on LI, but for melee, prog will be throwing a post christmas meleefest at his house. ****.

Top Bottom